Diet diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Diet diary

Post by RRM »

overkees wrote:What doesnt makes sense?
There is no sound reasoning whatsoever.
Its too much bullshit this Ray Peat guy.
It angers me that some people actually buy this crap.
I had no idea it was this bad.
everything is based on the hypothyroid idea with Peat.
If thats the case, you already know that it cannot be true.
It sounds like someone believing in conspiracies behind everything.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Eh... there are people with hypothyroidism that have seen huge improvements in markers due to following the peat protocol.

I will see what it does, I get all my nutrients, enough energy and enough EPUFAs. 1500 omega 3 vs 5000 omega 6 a day on avg. Alot of short and medium chained fatty acids, which are superb in my opinion. I don't see any problems with this new protocol. I still eat herring! And some egg yolks! :o

The only thing that you might find very high is the fructose/glucose ratio. We' ll see what it bring us ;)
dime

Post by dime »

Again, how do you plan to get that extra fructose? I don't think that naturally you can easily find such ratio of fructose to glucose.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

overkees wrote:Eh... there are people with hypothyroidism that have seen huge improvements in markers due to following the peat protocol.
People report good results on any protocol / diet, including the bogus ones.
If you think you have hypothyroidism, please have yourself checked for that first.
dime wrote:I don't think that naturally you can easily find such ratio of fructose to glucose.
And there is a good reason for that; the fructose uptake capacity is limited. (in healthy persons about 25 to 50 g. fructose per sitting). Consuming more fructose in one sitting readily results in unabsorbed fructose ending up in the large intestine,
which may cause bloating, diarrhea, gasses and pain.
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote:And there is a good reason for that; the fructose uptake capacity is limited. (in healthy persons about 25 to 50 g. fructose per sitting). Consuming more fructose in one sitting readily results in unabsorbed fructose ending up in the large intestine,
which may cause bloating, diarrhea, gasses and pain.
How long does it take to absorb the 25-50g fructose, and be ready for another sitting?
overkees

Post by overkees »

Please back up those claims RRM

I use: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystalline_fructose
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

overkees wrote:Please back up those claims RRM
http://www.uihealthcare.com/kxic/2008/06/fructose.html

Normally, (natural) dietary fructose is not a problem, as it comes with glucose,
and glucose is known as an enhancer of fructose absorption.
But if you change the fructose/glucose ratio dramatically, a substantial percentage may not get absorbed.
Fructose that ends up in the large intestine is metabolized by bacteria into short chain fatty acids, producing the byproduct gases hydrogen, carbon dioxide and methane. This abnormal increase in hydrogen is detectable with the hydrogen breath test;

"participants consumed beverages containing either 50 g fructose and 50 g glucose, 50 g fructose and 33.3 g erythritol (an equimolar concentration of fructose), or 50 g fructose alone. Breath hydrogen response was determined for 8 hours postprandially. ... The breath hydrogen area under the curve (AUC) of the fructose and erythritol beverage was 2 times the AUC of the fructose beverage and 8.75 times the AUC of the fructose and glucose beverage" Kim Y et al

A simple positive / negative breath result test may be insufficient.
Challenged with 50 g. of fructose in one sitting, 53% of subjects has elevated breath hydrogen and gastrointestinal symptoms.
Of those without elevated hydrogen breath, 37.5% had elevated levels after a second 50 g. test, but had no gastointestinal symptoms. So that this test is not so accurate. Frieling T et al
Thats fructose.
fred wrote:How long does it take to absorb the 25-50g fructose, and be ready for another sitting?
I have no idea. I think it depends on whether everything went ok, or not.
overkees

Post by overkees »

I add the fructose in my OJ, which I drink during the day. I made an estimate of how much fructose I might need on a day I have lots of activity. That's why I wrote 50-300 g.

In the meanwhile, I have been eating about 10 teaspoons fructose a day, so that is about 50g I suppose. I also like to eat honey pure (damn delicious) and get enough glucose from the OJ. I also eat the cherry tomatoes, remember?

So.... 300g was a bit too much, I agree ;). But between 50-100g a day should be fine. Im still experimenting whether it indeed increases my body temperature and helps me with my cold hands.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Are you considering to get yourself checked for hypothyroid?
overkees

Post by overkees »

Well, I had lots of tests and the only one that came up was incorrect cortisol levels. Don't know if they checked the thyroid. They could give me medicines, but I wasnt happy with that. Because I know I can cure myself. I knew exercise (aerobic) normalized alot of processes and helped me with sleep so the doctor was on the same line as me. Getting on the medicines at that age isn't a smart thing to do when other things give alot of benefits.

Im not going to let myself being checked again, because I have even milder symptoms, my sleep is normal (yay!) and my blood pressure has stabillized too. I only have signs of permanent cold hands for now. And maybe problems with sweating (dont know about that). (I dont sweat alot even after 1 hour of running).
overkees

Post by overkees »

So, a quick update on how everything goes:

I haven't been running with nose breathing for a while now (almost 4 weeks), can't get the motivation to do so. I feel pretty good and energetic without it. I am also fed up with the cold and wet weather and hope the spring will come soon. I will start with running this week again. My sleep is still 7 hours on average and tomorrow was the first time in months that I slept for more than 10-11 hours (14 hours :o). I have only slept for 10-11 hours 3 times a month until now. So this indicates to me that it's time to pick up running again.

My diet still consists out of alot of fat. Alot of butter and coconut oil. Also some red palm oil. This provides the bulk of the energy. I still drink 1.5-2 L OJ with around 30-50g of fructose added daily. I eat 1kg of beef a week, 1-2 herring filets a week and around 10 yolks a week. Also still some spoons of bee pollen and some gelatin when I don't forget it. And then I eat some random fruits. Munch foods are (only once or twice a week) mozarella cheese, candy, red bull, social dinners 2-3 times a month.

My PUFA consumption has been below 10g a day at all times, with an average of 6g a day. My saturated : unsaturated ratio is very high. I try to minimize fiber for now, as it is easy to aggravate gut problems when your CP goes up and down too rapidly.

Effects: my hands are ALOT warmer than they used to be, they still not hot, but certainly aren't cold. I tend to sweat more easily, too. My enlarged tonsil that is constantly growing and shrinking but not staying fixed at one size has decreased even further, to the size that you almost don't see it anymore (!!!).

Unchanged effects: gut still is working pretty good even with high amounts of fructose. On some days I eat loads of sugar, some times I eat 200g of candy, 50g of added fructose, 1.5L OJ and some red bull and still feel perfectly fine. Once or twice a month a certain scenario like this occurs. If there still was some candida over there it would've certainly caused a flare up as it did previously, but now I feel perfectly fine even with these huge amounts of sugar.
Concentration has never been better, motivation problems still occur though but this is of course normal when studying :D.
overkees

My diet

Post by overkees »

I started to experiment with high amounts carbs due to the absence of severe soiling. They really do give me tons more energy than the high fat diet, that was making me pretty down after a while. The high sugar diet is now taking it's toll, because the soiling effect did reappear on quite a lot of days and it tends to get a little slimey at times. There is however no diarrhea (only once in a couple of weeks due to a HUGE amount of sugar ;)). I think I must eat more fruits instead of the huge amounts of sugar to get the nutrient : sugar ratio right. Oh well, I feel really good nowadays and must say that the elimination of fats really did a great job in this process.

Some signs I have noticed changing:
I sweat really easily, my parents have an infrared sauna and if I visit them I always check out how much time there is before I start sweating. People with slow metabolism will generally not start sweating for quite a while. I always do 50 minutes in sauna and started sweating after something like 40 minutes. Now I begin sweating after only 20 minutes. Every time I go there it will go faster. I really love sweating, feels really nice.
I only get slightly cold hands only in certain areas of my hands, I always used to have extreme cold hands.
I feel a really nice buzzy feeling in my head alot of the times, that kind of feeling you also get when you did a long run with nose breathing. This feeling is highly related to my CP, if I have it I will almost always be around 40CP. Anyone else experienced this? I call it the gratefulness hormone, because I really feel so damn priviliged to experience all that which I'm experiencing. Makes me definitely wanna stay above 40s CP :).

So all in all, I think it has more to do with consuming more sugars than avoiding PUFAs, if your metabolism is turned up you will also burn PUFAs easier due to the uncoupling effect of the mitochondria in the brown fat tissue. I still try to consume less than 7g a day and think my average is around 5g. I prefer herring and salmon above all other fatty substances now, so that almost all of my PUFA intake is from the long chain omega 3s. The omega6s Im getting are from red palm oil (1-2 tablespoons a day) and yolks (5-10 per week) and beef every once in a while (300g a week). And the occasional avocado that still tastes like heaven ;).
overkees

Post by overkees »

Okay, I've tried this for over a week now: raw carrots with their fiber content. As I stated above I had some reappearance of soiling issues on my protocol of alot of sugar. I still eat large amounts of sugar. But I am eating raw carrot fiber since a while. At first it made some digusting bowel movements, but after a while (4 days now) it has stabillized and gives me very very clean BMs. No soiling effect on the toilet paper and a very comfortable, easy and fast bowel movement when I sit on the toilet. I eat +300g raw carrots a day and still continue my 300g extra dietary sugar a day protocol and it seems to be not too much. I can't believe it is working, I had some really bad days when I started the protocol...
The carrot fiber acts as a sort of endotoxin sponge according to some sources and is antibacterial and antifungal. Like most root fibers, they are under the ground where they must resist extreme attacks of bacteria and fungi all the time, no wonder they help such a great deal in the clean up process.. I'm suspecting beets, ginger, onion, garlic, potatoes work in a similar way. Too bad most of those cause other heavy reactions when eaten raw, and have tons of antinutrients or tons of starch. Raw carrot is the safest choice in my opinion.

Btw, I tried raw potatoe juice and let the starch sink to the bottem (it isn't soluble in water) and it was actually very good and didn't taste toxic at all. It is highly nutritious and I'm experimenting with it's effects. Im always willing to try new things.

I still feel that the sugar content must come from fruits favourably, so I'm thinking about slowly letting the OJ in again, since my teeth are pretty good again. I'm not sure, because everytime I did that I was back to where I started in no time. I might continue this diet for a while until I'm completely sure OJ won't f***k it up again. It happened to me just too many times. Oh, and no, I didn't went to the dentist :P, I know it can restore itself and couldn't make the appointment, it doesn't hurt at all and looks really good again, I must give it some more time than the previous times this happened. If it still returns then I will make my appointment ;)