fred's journal

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: fred's journal

Post by RRM »

That's too bad.
But of course its good that you found what works for you.
fred

Post by fred »

So I am back to introducing some intermittent fasting in my regimen. For now I have skipped the "breakfast" for one mounth and simply started to eat (drink) after 12AM, sometimes 1 or 2PM until bed.
I workout in the morning every other day. I don't exhaust myself (full bodyweight training for 40min). I don't feel the need to eat right after, and often spend a few hours without any food after my training.
I have not yet lost any weight but not gain any either which is one of my goal.
I drink plenty of fruit juice with added honey, and end the day with meat/fish and olive oil.
So far, my energy is good but still have the issue of eye shots. I am sure it is caused by the sugar (80% in calories).
So I am going to up my fat intake and lower my sugars intake. Maybe it will help me to gain some weight and reduce my feeding window as well.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

I hope you don't mind fred, but I made a copy of your post on another thread here, to keep your food items together.
From another thread: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2750&start=30
fred wrote:So I am drinking a lot of banana juice (2L a day) and am experiencing cramps. In the past, I also noticed cramps when eating lots of bananas or dates. Eating oysters (contain more Ca than Mg) was a way to relief cramps. But I can't eat oysters everyday because they cost too much money. OJ is not ok for me because of eyes shot.
I don't want to lower my banana intake for now because I see it is very beneficial for me (no need to add honey to get my calories).
Do you see any solution for this issue?
Looking at fruits high in Ca and low in Mg, I found fruits that I can't eat on a regular basis (blueberry, appel mango, papaya, pear, guava, ...)
RRM wrote:I think the only solution is lowering your banana intake.
How about mandarines/tangerines?
I have some questions for you:
Did you start eating 2L of bananas recently?

When did you start eating bananas? (i.e. 2 weeks ago I ate x amount of banana)
a) on wai diet?
b) or on wai warrior?

How many bananas on average did you eat per day in:
a) wai diet?
b) wai warrior?

How many bananas on average did you eat per week in:
a) wai diet?
b) wai warrior?

I ask because I want to know how well you tolerate bananas in general.
I also want to know how you got yourself up to eating 2L of bananas.
Please answer all my questions. If not important to you, at least, I think it is to me. So pretty please, and thanks!
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
fred

Post by fred »

Aytundra wrote: Did you start eating 2L of bananas recently?
Yes, I have slowly increased my banana juice intake when I got a sieve like the one RRM indicated here : viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3554
2L of banana a day for one month approximatively.
When did you start eating bananas? (i.e. 2 weeks ago I ate x amount of banana)
a) on wai diet?
b) or on wai warrior?
I have eaten lots of bananas for 17 years now. I started my wai experiment in 2006 I believe. WW doesn't work for me.
How many bananas on average did you eat per day in:
a) wai diet?
b) wai warrior?

How many bananas on average did you eat per week in:
a) wai diet?
b) wai warrior?
Can't answer because it has always varied a lot.
I ask because I want to know how well you tolerate bananas in general.
I also want to know how you got yourself up to eating 2L of bananas.
Please answer all my questions. If not important to you, at least, I think it is to me. So pretty please, and thanks!
Can't eat lots of bananas without gas, that's why I juice them. They must be very riped.
fred

Post by fred »

Now my regimen looks like that :

Workout on an empty stomach at wake up, then rest 1 hour until hunger comes back.

During the day : 2.5L banana juice + 1.5L fruit juice (peach, nectarine, melon, etc.)
In the evening before bed : 200g meat + home made mayonnaise (1 egg yolk+130g Olive oil)
Oysters once a week.

This makes around 4000 Kcal, spread into 10% protein, 60% sugars and 30% fat.
It works great for now :

Gaining muscles (and weight)
Insane energy (can't stay sitted more than one second)
No more craving for cooked vegetables or any other thing (banana juice is very satisfying)
No more inflammation, and overall less symptoms

Stil some cramps, gas and right eyelid is trembling (I guess it is the same issue as cramps as it arrives when I increase my banana juice intake : too low Ca/Mg ratio).
dime

Post by dime »

4000kcal, I'm jealous. Is it hard to get in so many calories?
What is your workout (sorry if you've mentioned before in your diary)?

4L of juice should be around 400g of sugar, but 60% of 4000kcal is around 600g I believe?
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

From another thread: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2750&p=39872#p39872
Citrus
Fred, try yolks or OJ (My safe conclusion was yolks and OJ for Ca, within a 62 food item restriction.)
However, I understand OJ negatively affects your eyes.
fred wrote:OJ is not ok for me because of eyes shot.
mandarin, tangerines, clementines, are good alternatives, but they are all citrus fruits,
you may want to start these mandarins tangerines clementines slowly, I do not know if your eyes are sensitive to citrus fruits.

Kiwi Juice
You may also try Kiwi juice, for adding more Ca to the Ca:Mg ratio, maybe it will effect Ca ratios (I am not sure how kiwi acts endogenously in you).
Kasper did the Wai diet with kiwi juice and banana juice at some time without oranges, when he was against oranges.
I don't think Kasper was doing the kiwi juice for cramps though.
Kasper also debated on the effects of not eating oranges (thiamine) on the Wai diet.
[which might be of interest to you fred.]
See thiamine discussion: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2308&hilit=thiamine&start=15
Kasper wrote:Maybe it's not usual but I have been eating only kiwi's and banana's as fruit source for some time. Because I liked it and it was very cheap.

So, I still want to know which vitamin B1 levels you think are dangerous or which vitamin B1 levels science think are dangerous. So we can decide which "not usual" wai variations are dangerous.
Calcium cheats from supplements:
dime wrote:Maybe you can try calcium pills, just to verify that it is indeed the calcium that makes the difference?
Uhh dime remember the saying of no supplements on the Wai diet?
But for the sake of science should fred try?
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
fred

Post by fred »

dime wrote:4000kcal, I'm jealous. Is it hard to get in so many calories?
What is your workout (sorry if you've mentioned before in your diary)?

4L of juice should be around 400g of sugar, but 60% of 4000kcal is around 600g I believe?
Juicing and oil help to get the calories, so I don't have to force feed.
Banana juice is very high in sugar, but I am not sure how many exactly, so I use banana in cronometer. 1Kg of banana = 228g carbs (sugars+starch)
fred

Post by fred »

Thank you Aytundra for your answer. Yolk is a great suggestion that I will consider. But they give me gas. For now, I am testing OJ carefully and see how my eyes react.
Kiwi doesn't yield much juice in my slow juicer, and they are quite expansive. I do it a few, especially the yellow ones that taste really great.
Ca supplementation is not an option for me.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Aytundra wrote:
dime wrote:Maybe you can try calcium pills, just to verify that it is indeed the calcium that makes the difference?
Uhh dime remember the saying of no supplements on the Wai diet?
But for the sake of science should fred try?
Sure. That would be interesting.
Its just an experiment.
Fred will not be taking supplements for years.
He will know the results within a week.
So, he can stop taking the supplement after one week.
Would you not want to try, Fred?

Last edited by RRM on 07 Jul 2014 05:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fred

Post by fred »

I increased my banana juice intake to 2.5-3L for 4 days and some usual symptoms came back : gas, diarrhea, cramps and no more weight gain although my calories went up.
Other symptoms like heart rythm disturbance and inflammation have disappeared for 2 months.
A lot of oil or fat in the evening make me sweat during the night. I wonder why.

I'd like to find a solution with food, if there is one, before taking supplements.
dime

Post by dime »

fred wrote: I'd like to find a solution with food, if there is one, before taking supplements.
Before looking for a solution, you have to be sure it is the right problem you are looking a solution for.
fred

Post by fred »

In order to balanced the Ca/mg ratio to 1, I need to eat 750g of orange for each kg of banana.
I believe the issue I have with orange juice is that because there is no fiber in it, it goes straight into my blood (as my stomach is empty) and disturbs my heart, blood sugar and finally hurts my eyes. Mixing orange juice with banana juice in the correct ratio should slow down the entering of sugar in my blood as banana juice contain fibers.
dime

Post by dime »

But how do you know that this Ca/Mg ratio must be 1 for you? Just get some calcium powder, add to your banana juice so that it makes a ratio of 1 and then you can notice if it makes a difference in your problems. If it really does, then you can look for foods with more calcium in them..

The other issue you have with orange juice - have you tried to add olive oil to it? This would slow its digestion for sure. Drinking it slower too, remember wai diet is very much about taking in little sips of energy :) But also mixing it with banana juice would help I guess.
fred

Post by fred »

Oil and water don't mix, it's why my stomach don't appreciate them both together. However, having some fat in the blood when drinking OJ maybe a solution. I'll look at that more closely.
Unfortunately I can't drink juice slower.