Aytundra's Diary (not Wai diet)

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Aytundra's Diary (not Wai diet)

Post by Oscar »

:)
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

:D @ Oscar for Oscar's :)

@RRM
Aytundra wrote:Black olives vs green olives which is better overall?
-I know they are probably both canned.
-I chose black olives on the pizza because I thought it had more iron content.
RRM wrote: Ha ha ha!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Which of these olives is healthier on the pizza.....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Aytundra wrote:No seriously RRM!
Green or Black olives?
I'm trying, even if it means I am only doing 0.0005% Wai diet in a social setting.
Don't laugh.
It's rude to laugh at someone who is trying.
Mustards a stern look.
:D (Aytundra breaks down into laughter too.)
Ha ha ha!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Which of these olives is healthier on the pizza.....
Yes, it is just a pizza.....and Aytundra is trying super desperately!
RRM wrote:The only correct answer: No pizza.
It really makes no difference whether the olives on that pizza or green or black.
Its gonna be unhealthy either way.
Aytundra wrote:It's rude to laugh at someone who is trying.
There is no progress in contemplating the colour of the olives on your pizza.
That's not trying.
There is progress in contemplating the colour of the olives.
--> Aytundra is becoming more thoughtful of her foods.
That is trying.

Aytundra was really after trying to get RRM to say:
The only correct answer = No canned olives.
Canned equals heated/cooked
Black olives are ripe, and green olives are not that ripe.
So, pick black olives.

So, Aytundra will try asking in a different way:
But if it is not on a pizza then canned olives are they okay? (Waits for response, impatiently with a smile.)

[Aside: By the way, RRM is not spelling in American English, he spelled "color" with a "u", "colour"
and that really makes a world of difference to a person with synaesthesia. It makes my world more sunshinier.
To me, the "u" adds a warm yolk orange glow to the word"colour"It is more colourful with a "u".
The letters "color" itself is just a bland cold, coding: blue, white, light yellow, white and green.]
Aytundra wrote:Raw foods: 1 liquid boiled egg yolk
Aytundra wrote:if the egg whites around it are boiled, and the yolk is still liquid, is it raw?
RRM wrote:If it is not boiled at all, then its raw.
If it is somewhat less liquid, its not raw.
[quote="Aytundra" But if the egg whites around it are boiled, and the yolk is still liquid, is it raw?
Think of fried icecream, is the icecream still icecream, despite the fried batter?
Think of a baked Alaska, is the icecream still icecream, if the meringue outside is cooked?
RRM wrote:No, because the heat does not stop right there at the border between white and yolk.
The yolk will always be affected.
[/quote]

From another thread:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1608&p=16148&hilit=lobster#p16148
RRM wrote: In our opinion, cooking is bad.
So, in our opinion, hard boiled eggs are bad, particularly when HARD boiled.

If you want to have eggs for munch food, thats 'not bad for your cholesterol' , make fried eggs from the egg whites only, and once your done (and you have turned off the heat), add the egg yolks on top, so that they only get a little warm.
Seems to be delicious.
So, if I removed the yolks and cooked the egg white with oil in a pan (fried eggs), then added the egg yolk on-top of the egg white, and turned off the heat but allowed the yolk to warm over the egg white, until the transparent sac becomes solid, but the yolk is still liquid, then the cholesterol in the yolk will not be cooked. However, if I eat the cooked egg white albumin along with the oxidized oils, then this egg white portion will be bad for me to eat.

My goal with soft boiling was to avoid adding oil, but to achieve the same effect of solidifying the sac.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

May 16, 2014
1 Tomato Omelette
1 cup water
1 Clementine, raw, peeled
1/6 of a tomato raw, 2cm by 2cm of feta cheese

1 cup water
1 Clementine, raw, peeled
1 Banana, raw, peeled
Cold Chicken Wings 6 pieces.
White chocolate 4 pieces (total = 4cm x 6cm x 0.5cm).
1 piece of Crème cheese wedge 2cm x 1cm x 1cm

1 Lobster, steamed 14 minutes, with melted butter 3 tablespoons.
1 fist size of watercress, boiled with dates in water.
1 bowl steamed rice

(Yes, I know...>2/3rds of that might be unWai. Grizzly bear looks at brave cooked foods Aytundra!)
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

May 17, 2014
1 small Hot Chocolate
½ donut
1 handful of kettle chips

15ml apple carbonated drink
½ a bite sized brownie
15ml of almond coconut juice
2cm height x 2 cm diameter of cooked sausage
1 cracker with 10ml of humus and 15ml of tabouli / tabbouleh
3 edamame bean pods, that is about 6 edamame beans.
2cm x 2cm x 4cm waffle piece with 5ml syrup
1 soda cracker with 1 tablespoon of tuna in olive oil
4 leafs of 4cm diameter of raw kale

2 tablespoon of peach flavoured yogurt 9%
1 steamed corn on the cob, small grained
6 apple slices, raw, peeled

1 raw egg yolk, without sac, without egg white, fresh from the fridge no heating.
0.5cm x 1cm x 1cm white chocolate
2 apple slices, raw, peeled

1 cup of Tropicana juice
2 tablespoon of plain yogurt 3%

1 handful of watercress boiled in date water.
1 bbq flavoured pork ribs.
2 slices of smoked cold cut pork ham.
1 bowl of steamed rice.

I mostly list the foods I eat in chronological order of how I consume it in the day.
Find the Wai item, good luck, I have a lot of munch foods in there!
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

May 18, 2014
1 steamed corn on the cob
12-14 pieces of grape, peeled, raw
1 donut
1 bun
1 cup water

1 piece of oven warmed flat bread
180ml of canned soup potato beef carrot

1 cup water

1 raw egg yolk, without sac, without egg white, fresh from the fridge no heating. *
1 piece of white chocolate 1cm3
1 crème cheese wedge 2cm x 2cm x 1cm

6 pieces of cooked soy sauce skin removed chicken wings
1 handful of watercress, boiled in date water
1 cooked mushroom, with sugary sauce
1 bowl of steamed rice

*(2nd time completely raw; see yesterday, no heat treatment to the egg, go brave rawfoods Aytundra);
and now I wait in theoretical fear for symptoms of bacteria.
So far, so good, no bad reactions from yesterday.

Thoughts behind Aytundra’s approach to raw yolks:
I can care less about what cooked foods Aytundra wants to do with the diet because, I am trying to theoretically acclimatize myself (my mind) to raw eggs. That is the reason why I had all my variations of sunshine, soft-boiled, hard-boiled, omelettes prior to raw eggs. I used to eat an egg (cooked) everyday growing up, but I had stopped that in the past 4 years, where I averaged 1 egg every 2-3 days. Hence I was also acclimatizing myself to eating eggs regularly. It is probably my irrational fears that I cannot handle raw eggs, after all my diet was relatively 95% cooked, 1 in 20-30 food items were usually raw during my whole lifetime. I have also theoretically added fats and dairy after raw egg yolks, just so that the stomach has something else to digest along with the yolk. I did not mix anything with the yolk, I just swallowed it plain from the spoon. I personally do not like the taste of olive oil so I didn’t want to add that after yolks, and mixing fruits with meat-ish food does not sound like a good idea to me, hence I did not add yolk to juice.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Merci Nina75 pour la réponse!
- Sorry for the late reply. Yours was the most challenging one to respond to. It was challenging, not because of the language barrier, but umm you really found the core concepts to challenge (cooked foods Aytundra felt bad.), but that is good, you do have good points there, so keep writing :). When you post to my diary please feel free to write in French, I read french.
Nina75 wrote:The social context? Friends? You know we are in 2014. Perfectly You can refuse when you are offered a steak or burrito, I do not understand ....There is a difference between not wanting to do things and put the blame on others ..... You can perfectly follow this diet 100% every day with a little planning and have a social life. If you are offered a cigarette and you do not smoke, you will force you to smoke? I can not quite understand. Because it is just that. If people like to eat shit, this requires you to eat shit with them? To feel good? Aytundra not, the problem is not people, it's your motivation ...
I agree with you Nina75, what cooked foods Aytundra permits, is garbage in the diet.
Social factor, 2014, well food is culture and culture is food, nothing I can really do but to respect it and not disrupt their bubble.
Nina75 wrote:Hum, on the mango I have a small doubt .... The only way to know if the mango is the culprit is to test (note you may have to be allergic to mango but your diet contains so guilty it is very hard to bring such acusation to this fruit)

Test: Wai Wai normal or Warrior for 2-4 weeks without cheating, ideally with a lot of juice during those 2-4 weeks of course you do not cheat, no cheating, no mango either, no .... Then 2-4 weeks after the diet without cheating of Wai, you buy a mango: mango course must be very very wall, sweet, sweet, finally a perfect mango. And especially very good ripe, moreover all fruit should be eaten ripe you know.....
I will take a rain-check on that experiment you suggested, until I can get a few weeks of Wai diet in consistently, I do not see any point in trying to eat a few raw mangos. Convincing cooked foods Aytundra is like going against the grain.

- Your position on my untested mango allergy is an interesting one. You might be holding a hypothesis that allergies are not natural and that allergies will in fact disappear if the body is well functioning, like on a clean diet.

- The alternate theory behind an allergy is that we live in a too clean of an environment; hence, people develop allergies to things that they were never exposed to. Hence, the development of peanut allergy treatments such as gradual exposure of small amounts of nut protein until the person reacts less to them or at least tolerates them better. (If this “too clean of an environment” theory holds true, then I am guessing my allergy symptoms might be more severe after I go on Wai, when I go try your mango experiment.)

- Another theory behind an allergy is over exposure to the allergic compound, such as those people that work with latex, eventually one develops an allergy to it.
--- By: raw foods Aytundra
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

May 19, 2014
1 pear, barlett, raw, peeled
1 corn on the cob steamed
1 cup of juice, the dump kind, no need to advertise, but economical aytundra insist on finishing it.

2 ribs, cooked leftovers
1 bowl of steamed rice

1 egg yolk, raw, no egg whites, from fridge, from spoon, plain
3 pieces of 1cm cubed white chocolate

1/2 an orange, raw, peeled
1 cup of juice, same kind

Take-out foods. No choice, someone else ordered it, Fun:
spicy curry beef noodle rice
curry and pork rice
stir fried tomato, spring onions, with fried pork, sugary sauce, rice (did not eat pork)
boiled veggie, choi sum

No adverse reactions to raw yolks so far. :)
raw aytundra is happy
cooked foods aytundra is happy
theoretical aytundra worries that she will turn orange soon.
economical aytundra does not know what to do with the egg whites. Fry it or dump it. (Suggestions?)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Aytundra wrote:economical aytundra does not know what to do with the egg whites. Fry it or dump it. (Suggestions?)
You may slow-cook them.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

RRM wrote:
Aytundra wrote:economical aytundra does not know what to do with the egg whites. Fry it or dump it. (Suggestions?)
You may slow-cook them.
Um correct answer is no cooking, just discarding, because bad proteins might form.
- raw foods aytundra

How would you slow-cook them?
Add it to a pan of lukewarm water. Water not at boiling point or 100 degree celcius?
Like pouched eggs? Any molecular side effects? Ma(i)llard rxns?
It might turn like egg white soup.
-cooked foods aytundra

Just make Macarons and sell them for a profit, then reinvest the money to buy more OJ or whatever raw aytundra likes.
-economical aytundra

Macarons take forever to make (over 2 hours), and almond flour is expensive. Are you sure about making macarons economical aytundra?
-time friendly aytundra
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

May 20, 2014
1 hard boiled egg
880ml of Simply Orange, orange juice. (interspaced throughout the day).

12cm x 5cm x 3cm of steamed eggs, with chicken soup
2 slices of slow cooked pork belly in soysauce and a tablespoon salty pickled choi sum
1 bowl of steamed rice

Haha this is the closest I've been to the Wai diet. (I am talking about ingredients and time intervals in general, not heat manipulation of food objects.)

Aytundra reflects on what she feels:
Skin:
Softer skin on arms, two days on raw yolks and that is what I felt yesterday. Immediate, light pinkish white tone to skin within an hour eating raw yolks, but dimmers to an orange tone afterwards. Was happy with pinkish. I like pink. Today I am like orange, not happy with the colour.
orangy glow to skin,darker orange knuckles and on finger joint area on hands, I did not expect that to happen so fast. I do not like to turn orange.

Think speed:
On yolk days: pretty good fluid brain processing speed.
On orange juice day: good fluid brain processing, but intermittent yawns throughout the day.

On orange juice:
From the label:]The juice was with pulp, 100% orange juice, no preservatives, not from concentrate.
Tweaks to the juice? None! I did not add sugar, did not add sodium bicarbonate, did not dilute with water, did not add olive oil, did not follow with any food items after drinking or during the drinking of juice.
Teeth: feels like velvet covered fine sandpaper at the end of the day. Checked with tongue ~8-9hours later. I do no think this is good.
Volume: I don't know how you guys handle all the juice. 880ml or half of the bottle was all I can do. Did not force feed myself, but drank it when thirsty or hungry.

Blah, blah, blah....I've said enough, I know some of you like to read my shorter posts, because I write novels here.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

May 21, 2014
1 gulp of orange juice (of the other half of the bottle from yesterday), in the early morning after waking, I woke up super early. Nice!
read some organic chemistry, but did not make it past 2 pages, and slumbered off, and woke up with acid feel in stomach, stomach hungry.

Woke up second time, usual time: (and by the way I look less orange in the morning. Good, orange juice wears off, not like hair dye.)
1 steamed corn on the cob
1/2 pita bread toasted
1 brownie
1 cup of water

1 cup of orange juice

1 bowl of spaghetti with cooked with tomato and tomato sauce and topped with cold feta cheese (cheese was 4cm x 4cm x 4cm)

1 cup of orange juice

1/2 orange, peeled, raw

more orange juice

5 pieces of shrimp, pan seared in avocado oil, with salt
10-12 pieces of steamed chicken wings in vinegar and sugar
3 tablespoons of mixed peas, carrots, and corn.
1 bowl of steamed rice
1 clump of choi sum boiled in chicken oil from chicken wings.
---> side note, usually when choi sum is cooked at home, this is the way I was taught, and has always been from when I was a kid: it is prepared by plucking the larger leafs from the stock, and then discarding the flowers and small leaves (to remove the sand and soil, possibly toxins within the flower),then peeling skin off the stock leaving the starchier component (to remove the fiber). The larger leafs and bare stocks are kept for cooking, usually it is quickly stir fried in oil in a pan (the texture would be crunchier and sweeter on the stalk, less cooked). Stir fried is probably better on the stocks than boiling. If antinutrients and all those nitrogen compounds are true for a veggie, then boiling is probably worser than stir fried because the stock loses the sugary taste, hence I would assume the sugar reacted with the nitrogen compounds, would it be acrylamide?. [Why do I note, this? I just realized that this fits well into the "remove fiber" schema, and possibly peels contain antinutrients and toxins. Preparing this veggie is the least favourite of my kitchen chores, super time consuming.]

Finished orange juice. (Total is 880ml)

Alright, any comments? Someone once said 3 steps forward 1 step back, and that means progress. I am probably moving 1 step Wai and 3 steps back. Not because I have cravings, but just environmental surroundings. I do not crave brownies, I just eat them when I am offered them.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

May 22, 2014
1 hard boiled egg
880ml orange juice same stuff as May 20, but this time no pulp (intervals during the day)

1 large fluffy meat ball, like a tennis ball, cooked, salty
3 pieces of cold chicken wings, in vinegar sugar sauce, ate the chicken juice that gelled from the fridge, left overs.
1 teaspoon of corn, peas, and carrot
1 cup of cooked squash (pumpkin like squash, is it a cousin of the melon?, and are they allowed?)
1 bowl of rice

Aytundra's comments on Orange Juice:
I don't think I run too well on orange juice: but here are the pros and cons of what I felt.
Cons:
- pulpless, is more acidic in taste, me don't like acid.
- brain energy, I can feel my brain zoning out during the day in intervals. This is dangerous, I have a job, I need stable mental energy.
- very very very frequent intervals of hunger, like after a gulp of juice is digested, I can feel my stomach say, "hey I am hungry again".
I don't get that "" on solid cooked foods.
- sandy bacteria coat on teeth, I felt that halfway thorough the day, I do not think that is good. Will it corrode my teeth?
--future fixes: possibly sodium bicarbonate (for acid), or sugar spiking juice (for energy), so far I have not spiked my juice.
Pros:
- skin colour, surprisingly I look good today, colourwise. Not too orangy, I can live with an apricot tone, and see the matte white pink glow beneath the skin.
- skin texture on arm is lean, smooth, even, thin, fine about 1.5-2mm to see veins or lipid. Gosh I feel like those transparent zebrafish.

I think I am skinnier, I need to add weight now. What do I do?
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

May 23, 2014
880ml of orange juice, the other half of the pulpless stuff from the plastic jug leftover from yesterday. (intervals during the day)
1 corn on the cob steamed
2/3 of a pear, peeled, raw
1 banana, peeled, raw
1 cup of juice, from the other kind I had 7 days ago.

1 bowl of spaghetti and tomato sauce and tomatoes with feta cheese

1 naan bread
1 salad lettuce and tomato
1 dish of lamb kabob with rice
2 pieces 3cm x10cm x 0.5cm of potato-ish flat bread.

1 cup of juice, from the other kind I had 7 days ago.

It is nice to see, that I think I am more tolerant to fruits or at least fruit juices. Volume of that stuff is increasing in my posts.

Another rant ahead, this time for (difficult) Simply (not) Orange:
[Because it lists close to one ingredient = orange, you have to imagine the rest of the process, and what they did to mimic that orange. Just because it says orange, does not mean they used the exact proportions of a perfectly ripe orange, juiced without peel, and seeds. or distilled some parts of the orange, and added it back to tweak the taste. Do I trust it? - raw aytundra is almost always a skeptic.]

Orange juice of the pulpless bottle, and I read the ultra fine prints, as I gulped the last mouthful.
Pasteurized!, yikes heat treatment on the orange juice? Excellent source of vitamin C! no wonder it is acidic tasting, they must have added the C after the pasteurization, because everyone knows heat treatment on vitamin C destroys vitamin C. I bet they spiked it with citric acid. The taste is more lemonade than orange.
Lions, tigers, and bears, Oh my! - raw aytundra's imagination
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

May 24, 2014
1 corn on the cob, steamed
2/3 pear, peeled, raw
2/3 apple, peeled, raw
1 banana, raw
1 cup juice, same apple..grape...pineapple...orange...banana dump stuff as 8 days ago.

1 bowl of spaghetti with tomato, onion, ketchup, and tomato sauce
1 cup juice, same apple..grape...pineapple...orange...banana dump stuff as 8 days ago.

3 pieces of chicken wings, stirred in sauce cooked in a sauce pan
1 asian mushroom fungi stuff, asian broccoli, stir cooked not fried.
1 bowl of rice, steamed
1 slice of 3cm x 2cm x 8cm cheese cake

...2 containers of dump juice to go, 2 containers of dump juice. Take one down, pass it around, 1 more container of dump juice to go...that reiterative school yard rhyme is stuck in my head. Can't wait to finish these and juice actual fruits...
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Abstract: An attempted, slow-cooking egg white method. Whisked lukewarm watered down egg whites, cooked in warm but not boiling water, creates a light brown colour of reacted protein layer deposited at the bottom of the pot. The rubbery dried-glue-like bubble texture resembles a cupcake's bottom, perhaps from Maillard reaction. The leftover watery suspension of egg whites were still whisk-able and foam-able or bubble forming after heating, hence it is regarded as resistant to cooking; nothing like the solidity of fried egg whites.
RRM wrote:
You may slow-cook them.
Okay, I tried slow-cooking egg whites.
It was impossible.

Methods:
Part 1 cooking failed:
1. Placed egg whites in small bowl.
2. Added lukewarm water from the kettle to the bowl. Not boiling water.
3. Waited for the egg whites to cook. I expected the egg whites to coagulate or string together. It did not string together.
I saw about 5 pieces of 3-5mm strings, that was all.

Part 2 cooking failed:

4. Decided to whisk it with a fork. It formed bubbles, like making egg white foam for a sponge cake.
5. Allowed whisked portion to sit in another bowl for over 3 hours. Watered down egg white, is a lot harder to whisk. I gave up.
6. Added the whisked portion back into the watery egg white bowl, and folded the foam back in. I wanted to cook it in a pool of hot water.
7. Turned the stove setting with a pot holding 0.5 cm of water, brought it to a boil. Then poured egg white water foam stuff into the pot.
8. Turned the stove to a 4-6 setting, and swirled the pan in a clockwise motion every time it almost started to bubble. To prevent boiling.
9. After like 15 min: I poured the whitish water liquid back in a bowl. Leaving a pot bottom of a bubble texture.
10. The bubbles at the bottom when scraped gave a light brown protein glue gunk, like the brown stuff at the bottom of cupcakes.
11. I had to scrub the egg whites off the pot with sodium bicarbonate NaHCO3, I did not use soap or detergent. The pot became shiny clean.

Part 3 cooking failed:
I guessed: If the protein was deposited at the bottom of the pot, then the whitish warm liquid, should be protein free, and just minerals or vitamin water of the egg, like coconut water.
So I decided to cook it again.
I was wrong!

12. With a clean pot, filled with distilled water 0.5cm. I brought it to a boil.
13. While I waited for the water to boil, I took the fork and started whisking the warm whitish liquid again. It foamed! My guess on it being protein free was very very likely wrong.
14. Poured whitish liquid into the pot, and repeated cooking method in step 8.
15. Same bubble protein deposit pattern.
16. Poured whitish very watery liquid back into a bowl. Whisked it, still foamed.
17. Scrubbed pot with sodium bicarbonate again, like step 11. The pot became shiny.
18. Gave up cooking the egg white water. The egg water is very resilient to cooking, and if cooked it forms the brown whitish rubbery glue gunk.

Observations & Comments:
The leftover watery suspension of egg whites were still whisk-able and foam-able or bubble forming after heating, hence I regarded this as resistant to cooking; nothing like the solidity of fried egg whites, cooked egg whites don't bubble, and are not brown. Here the egg whites still work after heating with warm-hot water. Is the watery suspension safe to eat? It is still foam-able, but heated for over 15 minutes.

Whisked lukewarm watered down egg whites, when cooked in warm but not boiling water, creates light brown bubble protein layer, like a rubbery dried glue gunk, which much resembles a cupcake's bottom. This suggests the surface area of a cupcake's bottom is likely browned by the overcooking of egg white proteins, proteins spaced out too thinly, by egg white bubbles.

Conclusion:
This author advises prudence when consuming cupcakes' or any other cake's bottom and side surface area, as it may contain the Maillard reaction, due to browning of cooked egg whites. Alternative methods of slow-cooking egg whites should be explored.