panacea's diet log

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Aytundra
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: panacea's diet log

Post by Aytundra »

dime wrote:The boredom on indoor bike is suicidal, this way I barely notice 1-2 hours passed. I guess audio book would be even better.
I am also on the camp of paying attention on what your body feels like during exercise. Sure you can bike/walk for an hour listening/reading a book, but you should also pay simultaneous attention to the exercise, and respond/listen to your body whether it is feeling great or if it becomes too stressed, so as to adjust any tension or strains. Exercising with repeated inadvertent wrong movements can cause harm, and blindly ignoring body signals while preoccupied with an enticing book/laptop is probably like eating foods masked with sugar and spices without regard to the main food item itself. But even more important, is that you appreciate the symphony of your cells and muscles during exercise. I think it is quite enjoyable to know and feel the cells, muscles, skins and organs moving naturally and in synchrony.
panacea wrote:I tried a treadmill, even if you could hook one up outside and fit a laptop on a table, you can't type or move the mouse well if you're walking as it's relentless.
I would say it might be helpful to get a good working knowledge of your cells and muscles and to listen to them while you start your first few exercises before you start adding books/laptops or sugar/spices. I only suggested the laptop backyard park idea for Panacea, based on going along with the Pavlovian thinking, to maybe help him to get to like moving more. But my main point is you can exercise anywhere and at anytime. I hope that someday Panacea will appreciate and enjoy the intricate functions of cells and muscles during movements.
panacea

Post by panacea »

I have like these pains in my face (temples, center of forehead) and vision seems to hurt, cant focus it, and I'm having trouble visualizing things - in the past I could visualize almost anything and it wasnt hard, now visualization takes all my energy and focus and it's still difficult. I think my blood sugar is going whack due to the fiberless OJ i consume, as I have temporary clear periods just after drinking OJ. However, in order to verify this, I'm going to remove cooked deli meat (as I consume a lot of it) and just try yolks+OJ, if it goes away, it wasn't my blood sugar, if it doesn't, I know it's connected to the OJ.
panacea

Post by panacea »

Nevermind, it appears to be due to the blood glucose/sugar levels (therefore all the OJ i'm consuming)
so instead I'm going to try:
egg yolks + orange juice all at once 3 times a day (with equal parts OJ and yolk mixed together and consumed at once) hopefully this will slow down the juice absorption. It will also greatly reduce the amount of OJ total I consume.
Other than that I will survive on evian water with small amounts of sugar dropped in, I guess. At least it will be a completely liquid diet
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

I think egg yolks will help.
For me I find that fats affects my brain, concentration and maybe visualization:
I wrote somewhere in my diary that: my brain felt like a chocolate shell after eating lots of white chocolate (during acclimatizeWai); egg yolks gave me more focus and concentration (during acclimatizeWai) that means it was not oj that had a positive effect on focus, but the yolks; and oils (after switch to Wai) might affect my dreams, I get more visual dreams that I can remember.
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
panacea

Post by panacea »

I had the highest quality free range egg yolks (about 20 days from expiring) which had been left at room temperature for about 8 days, I only had one egg yolk, mixed with OJ, HUGE MISTAKE but a blessing in disguise. I had to miss work for half of today (monday) but at least I'm not constipated anymore - After a horrible night my entire intestines from where the stomach starts emptied.

Ouch. (I had successfully eaten 1 egg yolk before that date from the same batch along with meat, I assume the meat allowed for enough stomach acid to neutralize the bacteria, while the stirring of the spoon of the yolk with the OJ fooled my stomach into releasing it with less strong acid applied, and pathogens grew, plus the room temperature yolks probably didn't help.)

Either way, I cant make myself look at egg yolks for at least a week. Right now I'm feasting on better quality oranges (found some much better ones, the juice is SO much cleaner and doesnt give me vision problems, although I'm drinking less) and some higher quality ham too (it also has a lot more fat though, but I dont eat most of it).
panacea

Post by panacea »

As a side note, the constipation could've also contributed to my vision problems (along with way too much OJ), after all, I had been constipated for about 3 weeks, and after the egg yolk diarrhea fiasco I had about 8 bowel movements, don't think that many should be in you at once. At least I get a fresh start, hope I don't screw it up
panacea

Post by panacea »

Continuing with the diet, stopped using toothpaste since day 1, forgot to mention that, still use a toothbrush, just dont feel the need for toothpaste

my mouth especially feels super clean all the time
my eyes really feel better after juicing sweet navels rather than acidic valencias
panacea

Post by panacea »

I'm still on the diet as of right now, but have experienced constipation ever since the diarrhea event due to egg yolks. Just had first bowel movement which was barely anything, odorous, and lots of soiling, something is definitely wrong. I was also urinating more frequently which is another sign of GI inflammation.

Because of this, I'm abandoning the "diet" and instead introducing a prebiotic/probiotic/fiber supplement, to test if it can normalize bowel movements and remove soiling/frequent urination. If it works, I'll resume the diet and see if the diet works as RRM claims with a healthy GI tract to begin with.

Interesting notes - besides the constant feeling of constipation and white coating on tongue, I felt pretty good on this diet regardless, a lot better than the fast food diet. Even with white coating, my mouth seemed cleaner recently even without toothpaste for weeks. The most interesting result of this experiment was the lack of cravings. Right now it feels as if the cravings are even less than when I started. I can't really explain the freeing feeling of not craving junk/fast food. It is really new to me, I've craved that stuff since I was a young child.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

I am posting this here, I hope you don't mind, you kinda wrote in my diary of what you ate on Oct 14.
From another thread: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3558&start=285
panacea wrote:I used to feel the same way about not being around junk food and always having healthy food on hand, because logically it makes sense. My own experience however it took years for me to learn that I can only resist junk food if I give my body everything it desires with healthy food. For the first time today, I was at work, hundreds of miles away from my home (healthy food), thirsty and starving, and eating at one of my old favorite fast food restaurants (my coworkers insisted). All I ordered was a grilled chicken piece of meat by itself (it usually comes on a sandwhich) and I ate nothing else, drank nothing else. I had no desire to eat that piece of chicken, I did it solely to fit in. As I ate it, I was daydreaming and wishing I was at home drinking my OJ (I had no desire for meat at the time, as I needed water+oj not cooked meat). Granted, I eat cooked ham/turkey at home anyway so it didn't screw up my diet too bad, but there was definitely a difference in that fast food grilled chicken quality than the type of meat I eat at home (I didn't enjoy it to say the least). I also had a drink of gatorade since I was sweating a lot today and water won't replace electrolytes (and I did like the taste of that, although not compared to the OJ I was craving). To put this into a nut shell, I was craving the healthy foods I should have been eating, I didn't feel terrible after "cheating" because I wasn't giving in, I had very little choice and I had nothing to "resist". In my opinion therefore, it's wrong to go cold turkey from "poor diet" to "perfect diet" as it's obviously too hard for my body to digest all raw foods (like raw yolk/beef) as it doesn't crave it yet. I know for a fact some people can crave it, especially very athletic/healthy people, probably because their body can easily digest such foods. But to get there, you need not only good intermediate diets, but also good intermediate exercise routines.

About digestion of all foods, what I was getting at was you want a better functioning body, in all areas. Soft diets like OJ+yolks aren't always good - the juicey consistency makes it very easy for the food left over after digestion to coat the intestinal walls rather than form proper bowel movement sausages, which can build up and toxify you. Healthy people don't need to worry about this as vibrations from exercise, better chemical reactions, and stronger peristalsis and villi practically cure this effect even with soft diets (RRM is an example), but the point is that a healthy body can do more things better than an unhealthy body, so the healthier of a body you make the easier any diet you want to do will be on your digestion, brain, mood, etc.
You ate "grilled chicken" on Oct 14, you had the egg yolk problem on Oct 13. Maybe that messed your bowel movements.
panacea wrote:I'm still on the diet as of right now, but have experienced constipation ever since the diarrhea event due to egg yolks. Just had first bowel movement which was barely anything, odorous, and lots of soiling, something is definitely wrong. I was also urinating more frequently which is another sign of GI inflammation.

Because of this, I'm abandoning the "diet" and instead introducing a prebiotic/probiotic/fiber supplement,...
So I think you were not on the diet, it is unfair to abandon a diet when you ate other junk on Oct 14.
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
panacea

Post by panacea »

The grilled chicken was poor quality and therefore not as nutritious, probably had more cancer-causing agents due to the overcooking, but it definitely didn't give me constipation by itself, I've been eating 4-5 times more ham than that piece of grilled chicken every day.

Perhaps I should clarify something, with this constipation I've had for over 4 weeks now (except that time with the egg yolk diarrhea) I had no real peristalsis or feeling that I "should go" and have had to strain every time I have a bowel movement, gernerally I have just a feeling that I've been eating a lot and still don't have peristalsis, and don't feel "light" and "empty" like when you have normal bowel movements. Because of this, my primary concern as of yesterday has been changing my diet to get peristalsis going. I introduced one dosage of psylium husk + prebiotic + probiotic mixture this morning and has peristalsis about 12 hours later, but it wasn't enough for a bowel movement (yet). I also consumed kiwi and a quarter of a pineapple throughout the day (whole) in order to introduce more fiber for the bacteria and to try and prevent high blood sugar rushes from sieved OJ (which can inflame the intestines). Also I consumed 2-4 oranges of oj at a time now rather than my typical large amounts, and usually at the same time as I eat ham to try and slow digestion. Time will tell what happens but minor peristalsis is happening and getting stronger which is a good sign. I've read that in constipated people, rebuilding of gut flora can take 2-3 days so I'm not expecting good results quite yet.

I still haven't been exercising (shame on me).
dime

Post by dime »

The grilled chicken sounds statistically insignificant :)
panacea, you need to stick with the diet for a few weeks for your bowel movements to normalize. That's how long it takes me whenever I sidetrack from the wai diet and spoil my digestion (happens when I travel). In the meantime there's always some constipation or diarrhea, detoxication problems, etc, but in a few weeks it stabilizes and you have a perfect BM every 2-3 days. Just stop thinking about the diet and making various changes and 'fixes', keep to it for a month and very slowly add some egg yolks each day.
panacea

Post by panacea »

First bowel movement without excess strain (only one try immediately upon sitting). Definitely wasn't "perfectly formed" but no soiling - which means the bacteria are normalizing in my GI tract. This was about 36 hours after ingesting the psylium husk + prebiotic + probiotic mixture, adding kiwis, and pineapple.

I have just added egg yolks back into the diet upon this, to see what happens. I've used refrigerated egg yolks (fresher) this time, but I added it to OJ to see if I reproduce the diarrhea (if not, then I know it was due to egg yolks being left outside the fridge, if yes, then I know mixing yolk+oj is a problem for me).
dime

Post by dime »

What's the temperature at your point of the world? I don't refrigerate eggs even in summer when it's 25C+
panacea

Post by panacea »

New diet plan started today:

Unrefined sea salt added to evian water – electrolytes
Refined cane sugar added to evian water – energy
Evian water – clean hydration
Raw beef – all nutrients required
Egg yolks – alternative nutrients requred
Fish oil caps supplements (from anchovies) – omega fatty acids

Nothing else

I have no doubt this diet will make me feel best, and be my ideal diet, the struggle will be battling addictions. But I've been addiction-free for almost a month now, so maybe they are under control even when I stop consuming honey/cooked ham.
panacea

Post by panacea »

I am forced into this alternative diet due to no ripe oranges, and buying months ahead and waiting for them to ripen is impractical (limited apartment space, and I was consuming about 325 ambersweet oranges per week (the juice). Acidic juice, I found, is hard to tell when it comes from 1 orange to spoil the entire cup of OJ, and ruins the nutrition for me, causes me to feel bad, my tongue turns white, burns, etc. Not practical for me.