How to finetune egg yolk intake for energy?

State of mind, mental focus, ADHD, sleep, motivation, studying etc
Chin-Chin
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

How to finetune egg yolk intake for energy?

Post by Chin-Chin »

RRM wrote:
Chin-Chin wrote: -How quickly do we feel the impact of egg yolks and how long can the effect last? I've had mixed results, so I don't really know how to interprete. I've gone up to 6-7 egg yolks a day. How do I know if I need more? Is more always better?

Do you suggest spreading them out during the day or have them mornings and evenings?
Can you please ask these Qs in the animal food section?
(I would have transferred and answered them, but im running out of time now...)
Hi RRM,

I've moved the post to the animal food section. Can you please give us some detailed guidelines on how to determine egg yolk intake?

Thank you for sharing!
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hi Chin-Chin!

This won''t really be an answer for ya, but have you read any of the posts on the old board? I''m constantly finding out more information from those who have posted in the past.

http://www.acneboard.com/AcneQandA/index.html

Also I have a feeling one answer will be- to listen to what your body is telling you. Do you feel you need more? I'm learning more and more about hearing my body's wants and needs.

Not that yolks make me sleepy, but I'm not sure what immediate impact I have ever felt from eating yolks, except for the knowledge that they are good for me and that make me happy.

Also I generally do two to three a day, maybe four. More often three. I find if it's after dinner and I have that hunger nudge, I'll eat a yolk.

Best wishes.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Oh, and that I think I am now ADDICTED to them!

And as I've written in the past, I cheat by shooting the whole yolk in a shot glass with a dash of soy. Talk about a quick FIX!

And truth, I tend to make a sigh each time...hmmm
avalon

Post by avalon »

Chin-Chin, sorry just learned you've been to the old posts :oops: from your posts :oops:
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Hey avalon, you know, you can't really be addicted to egg yolks (no opioid peptides, etc, to 'hook' you), you just think you are addicted...
:wink:
nick

Post by nick »

I guess you could technically call the addiction a natural healthy craving to them. They are satisfying like an addiction but promote only healthiness and happiness. So your addicted to healthiness!
avalon

Post by avalon »

Alright! I confess! I inject the eggs, one by one, with opioid peptides in my secret laboratory. Then, while watching Dracula 1979, I drain the little yellow suckers hoo hoo hah hah hoo hoo hah hah :twisted:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

LOL :lol:
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Thank you Avalon! I know you were trying to be helpful, but if I listened to my body, I'd either be eating all the time (when I think about it) or not eat for days... I guess I'm not obssessed with food and tend to just stay with whatever I'm doing because I've already gathered the momentum :lol:

So yeah, I have the same feeling as you, that egg yolks do not fill me up, but maybe it does give a mental boost (how soon? for how much time? :?). So theoretically, I can drink them 'till full right? The decision to take 5-6 currently seems rather arbitary to me. I just figured that since I had a vitamin D deficiency...

But maybe I'm just wasting my money? :roll:
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

No Chin-Chin, money spent on yolks is never money wasted!

Avalon... LOL :lol: You have the 'ewil' laugh down pat... :-)
RRM
Administrator

Re: How to finetune egg yolk intake for energy?

Post by RRM »

Chin-Chin wrote: -How quickly do we feel the impact of egg yolks and how long can the effect last?
So far, most people reported experiencing the direct effects (feeling drowsy / sleepy / 'stoned') right after 5 to 10 minutes, lasting up to 1 to 2 hours.
The indirect effects are, of course more important, which is feeling more 'stable', focussed and happy, and are the result of adequate cholesterol levels and serotonin activity.
I've had mixed results, so I don't really know how to interprete.
Its is essential that you also supply yourself with sufficient energy all the time, as the consequences of your energy metabolism 'overrule' all 'other effects'.
I've gone up to 6-7 egg yolks a day. How do I know if I need more? Is more always better?
Since you are a woman that may lack cholesterol / have suboptimum serotonin activity, yes, up to 20 yolks more is always better, as many women have reported that the beneficial effects only really kicked in as they had increased their intake (near) to that level.
I understand that you yet have to experience those very positive effects, so that I advice you to try consuming more.
Do you suggest spreading them out during the day or have them mornings and evenings?
Regarding the positive effects that doesnt make any difference, but regarding properly digesting them I would advice to only consume them if you have plenty of time to rest after taking them.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Thank you RRM!

I forgot to ask, can we lower egg yolk intake if we've taken a large amount of sashimi or raw meat the same day?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Chin-Chin wrote:can we lower egg yolk intake if we've taken a large amount of sashimi or raw meat the same day?
Regarding protein, omega 3 and other fats, yes, but if increasing cholesterol / serotonin activation is your focus, then you really need the egg yolks. But of course, if you consume lots of yolks regularly, then its no problem at all to consume fish instead occasionally. Regarding serotonin activation it may actually be better because the extra B3 in fish saves tryptophan for conversion into serotonin (instead of B3).
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

I've been having 5-6 egg yolks in the morning in the past 2 days. This morning, I swallowed down 5 egg yolks (I was planning to do 6 but didn't have the stomach for it), mixed with 1 small avocado and a spoon of honey. Not only was the meal distressful, but I was so sleepy after 1 hour and half that I had to take a two-hour long nap (I never take naps!). Also, I could feel that I was not really digesting the eggs - the sensation of indigestion.

Did I do something wrong?
nick

Post by nick »

As your starting out on this diet your brain is more sensitive to the influences of cholesterol. Cholesterol increases the sensitivity of serotonine receptors which are responsible for mood and sleep. It will take a couple of days before your body adjusts.

Same with avocado. Avocado's have oleamide which influences serotonine receptors as well which is why it is recommended to eat yolks with an avocado to help fall asleep. People usually eat this in the evening.