Munch Food Troubles

Challenges and trouble-shooting
avalon
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Munch Food Troubles

Post by avalon »

Ideally we wouldn't need munch foods. Ideally I wouldn't binge every now and then, left-overs from an eating disorder.

I think the Female side of the Dynamic Wai Duo understood this, which is why she included munch foods on a daily basis. I know we've all talked about the 'optimal' diet where we don't need to munch. However, I think I need to know I can if needed, daily or monthly or longer. It's good to know. Even if I never munch again it's good to know I could.

Flatly, I want to eat Pizza once in a while. Fried chicken, Pesto Pasta once a month. I have 49 years of those foods in my memory banks and as bad as they are, they taste good and I don't want to feel I could never have them again. Maybe that is why 'She' wrote that the diet would fail without munch foods.

Some say you can call yourself a raw-foodist if you are 75% and over raw. If you eat 25% cooked you're still a raw foodist. I mention this because I believe that if I eat a Pizza or a Pasta dish or even sushi with rice, once every two weeks or better, a month (I haven't decided :D ) may be healthier than having a little munch food on a daily basis.

I don't agree with all her munchy inclusions, but it's my choice what to include as a munch food. Like white bread- I don't want it and it scares me to death! I think it reminds me of when I first moved to New York and all I could afford to eat were Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiched on 'white' bread. Although it is soft and melts in your mouth!!! Heavy sigh.

If you can live with out them, seriously, Bless you! No joke. I hope maybe one day I'll be able to too. Heck, maybe I'm already there... ehh...

Best wishes,
Avalon :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You can do it Avalon, I know you can. :)
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

But some of the foods on the Wai diet are sooooo delicious that they are almost sinful... like avocados, yolks, basically everything... I don't get it, other than maybe a psychological problem which I do understand, but the last times I actually DID cheat, a long time ago (French fries with peanut sauce, mayonnaise, ketchup and onions -it's a Dutch thing- chocolate, etc.), well I found that it was so unsatisfying and disappointing... it was much better in my fantasy. I think this is due to the fact that I have been accustomed to eating foods high in minerals, real taste and nourishment, so that the more empty calorie unnatural foods just keep me wanting more (nutrition). They also taste so flat and so inferior to the foods of nature, with their rich and unique palettes. I also try to replace cheat foods with Wai/raw foods, for example if I wanted pizza, I would probably eat an avocado with egg yolks, olive oil or raw dried unsalted olives and salt substitute, with tomato and lots of fresh basil, maybe some zucchini... you see what I mean? Add some pine nuts or Macadamia nuts... it would be a delicious, fatty, hearty, tasty treat. Often it's the herbs they use and the macronutrients that make a dish taste a certain way. Figure out if it's fats you want or herbs like Italian tastes or just comfort food and what it is that comforts you.
If I crave pancakes with molasses, I eat dried figs and dates with coconut butter... pretty much the same thing or better. If I want salty blue cheese, I eat yolks with salt substitute (potassium chloride) and olive oil in it.
It is easy to make pesto Wai-style because it is raw anyway. You can make pasta from zucchini squash and put freshly made Wai-friendly pesto on it and it'll be delicious.

It's only be a matter of time before you really taste and feel the difference and you won't even want the inferior foods anymore.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

If you shift your thinking, and I believe this will happen automatically over time, you will regard Wai foods as the forbidden, orgasmic tasting treats and see the cooked stuff as ordinary. That is the way it is for me now, and REALLY. Eating a good cantaloupe melon for example can be the most delicious thing in the world... so juicy.. so creamy and sweet... and the longer you stay away from cooked foods, the more tastes you will experience. Once you really taste all there is to taste in raw fruits/foods, you will notice immediately how flat cooked foods taste. I mean, you will taste about two or three things, and then an underlying nasty aftertaste, but with raw food, the taste develops in like, 10 different things... like the difference between cheap wine and quality wine. Once you can really taste it, you will see that all cooked foods really are bad mimics or imitations of raw natural foods. You will get there without an effort if you just keep going back to your good basis after every binge. Sooner or later, you'll think of cooked foods as so ordinary and unsatisfying and the raw foods as exotic, exciting, life-and beauty-giving and it'll be your little secret.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Thanx DG! I am working on it. The world sure doesn't make it easy- with all the nasty advertising around. I've been thinking of giving up animal foods as well, but I'm not ready for that leap.

You wrote a very nice post which I downloaded- on negativity influencing our lives- and much more. It was oddly, just what I needed to read that day. Thanx!

Best wishes,
Avalon :D
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

I did? I wrote a post on negativity influencing our lives? You lost me there... but I AM tired so it is normal to be kind of brain dead...

Smiles to you nonetheless and don't be too hard on yourself... you will get better at this!!
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Oh wait... I think I know what you mean...? My post about PMS problems?
Marrrianne

Post by Marrrianne »

DarkGalaxy wrote:If you shift your thinking, and I believe this will happen automatically over time, you will regard Wai foods as the forbidden, orgasmic tasting treats and see the cooked stuff as ordinary. ............. Once you really taste all there is to taste in raw fruits/foods, you will notice immediately how flat cooked foods taste. I mean, you will taste about two or three things, and then an underlying nasty aftertaste, but with raw food, the taste develops in like, 10 different things... like the difference between cheap wine and quality wine.
well said. must be one of the best posts ive read so far in here.
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
― C.S. Lewis