On Tour

Challenges and trouble-shooting
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:But I thought distilled water has no minerals in it. Is this right?
Yes, but thats not good for you, as that will drain minerals from your body. Instead, simply take a normal low mineral water.
Seth

Post by Seth »

RRM wrote:
Seth wrote:But I thought distilled water has no minerals in it. Is this right?
Yes, but thats not good for you, as that will drain minerals from your body. Instead, simply take a normal low mineral water.
And if you cannot find a low mineral water? This is why I ended up using distilled. I looked into every brand available where I lived and they all had high mineral contents. Perhaps in Canada I can get my hands on Volvic or another low mineral one. But between distilled and moderate-high mineral water, what is preferable as a short term alternative?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

A moderate-high mineral water, as (due to physical activity) you will be needing a lot of water, probably (sweating is also mineral loss).
Seth

Post by Seth »

Thanks! I will keep you posted as to how it all goes on the road in such a situation as this.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Did Seth make it back from tour? :|
Negativity is the cult of the weak
avo

Post by avo »

If anyone else has trouble finding good water, you could always mix distilled and mineral water together, like 50:50 (or some other ratio), in order to get the desired mineral content per liter that is acceptable. :wink:
avalon

Post by avalon »

Just imagine what it must have been like eons ago when our ancestors were out there- nowhere near any water, or looking for water, or looking for fruit to quench their thirst, or stuff like that! :shock: Then finding a pond or a lake or a stream! Wild, you know! We're drying up here in Florida, yo!

Peace,
Avalon!
avo

Post by avo »

All's fine with me (at least for now), as I don't drink any water at all. Except for mineral/vitamin/sugar water (aka Orange Juice) :)
avalon

Post by avalon »

I was kind of referring to the drought that's happening in parts of Florida. They did a piece on it on the news the other night and the birds and animals are having a tough go of it. Their habitat is drying up. I'm lucky. A quarter gets me a gallon. Not so easy for the little beasties :cry:
Seth

Post by Seth »

dionysus wrote:Did Seth make it back from tour? :|
Yep, I made it back, although it was impossible to not avoid eating some traditional Filipino food. I didn't have the luxury to go to a supermarket and the only food available at some points was non-wai...It came down to either eat or starve for a while. It did cause a little bit of problems but not nearly as much as I had anticipated. Just glad to be back and eating what I want to eat. lol
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Really glad the non-wai food didn't cause to much problems :)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Whenever I fly I always bring a bag of avocados and some bananas. Bring plastic spoons and knives, napkins. Aside from your hand baggage, you are ALWAYS allowed to take a plastic bag filled with food or water (only water bought inside the gate area since you can't bring your own liquids anymore). They can not refuse this and they won't. This works very well for me.

Whenever I used to go on tour with a band, on tour buses, I would just find grocery stores or night stores in every town or city we would visit, and buy food like avocados and other fruits. Hope this helps.
Seth

Post by Seth »

DarkGalaxy wrote:Whenever I used to go on tour with a band, on tour buses, I would just find grocery stores or night stores in every town or city we would visit, and buy food like avocados and other fruits. Hope this helps.
Such was not a common option on this tour. And in the immediate area, there were no viable sources of good fruit/juices. I did the best I could to stay on it based on the circumstances. Sometimes that is how the proverbial cookie crumbles.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Yes!! It can be tough!! I am sure you did great. I guess in that case I would go with the foods with the least protein, so potatoes or veggies... and bring lots of dried nuts and seeds :P. I know, I know, you don't do well on those. Dried fruits with coconut oil are pretty good.

They didn't even have some fruits like bananas? :(
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Actually, since you only went for a week... you could have brought a big bag of (unripe) avocado's or other fruits... in a separate bag with your hand baggage or even in your check-in luggage. Just declare if if they ask about it, smile and tell them you have terrible allergies and digestive problems and your doctor has advised you to bring these foods to eat. That should work. Fruits for consumption should not be a problem. I just 'smuggled' a huge amount of Aloe Vera leaves from one continent to the other.
You can also work with plastic ice packs, some will keep your foods cold for 6 hrs until you find a fridge. Make friends in all these places you visit and ask them to get you food! :) Or ask the tour manager to arrange it with catering or contact the venues? I know, that is a LOT of fuss...