On Tour

Challenges and trouble-shooting
dionysus
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by dionysus »

Eat honey, then eat salad (with OO). Either or... every ten minutes.

Need a lot of honey though. Not sure how much. And you would have to take 4 days worth of salad material.

Could always do what RRM said (Water+OO+sugar). I'm going to try sugar+water tomorrow. May prefer it to OJ :lol:

Also...you could by oranges there and squeeze them with a small hand held juicer.

What you got to remember is you need sugar or OO in your body every ten minutes or so (too not lose weight)

So i think these are you choices (for your stable 'eat every 10 minute' food):

Honey + Salad (with OO)
Water + Sugar +OO
Water + Sugar + Salad (with OO)
Raw Suger (hehe) + Glass of OO (mmm...tasty!)
Raw Sugar + Salad (with OO)

I don't think honey will dissolve in water or i would say test that out.

I tell you what does taste good. OO + Honey+ lemon juice+ a little mustard seed relish (grow locally near me :) )
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Seth

Post by Seth »

Four days of drinking Water, OO and sugar without protein or OJ won't have dire consequences?

Furthermore, it will be impossible for me to drink it every 10 minutes. 20-30 is more likely possible.

Dried fruit is not a good alternative or does it pose a possible risk as well?

Isn't mustard seed considered a spice? I love mustard but have always found it to cause problems in the past just like Wasabi and pepper.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Four days of drinking Water, OO and sugar without protein or OJ won't have dire consequences?
Forget i mentioned the mustard. Nothing really to do with what we are talking about...

I've never drank Water, OO and sugar. i don't think it would be a problem.

Four days with without protein or OJ i can't see being a problem.

You could eat dried fruit but the question is, can you get enough energy from them? You need 3000 kcal of energy a day.

4 days is not long and i don't think RRM would ever suggest this but you could just eat whole fruits...

...but you won't get enough energy

....and your body will CRAVE sugar.

When my body craves sugar i am seriously moody (for no reason!)

Remember when your body doesn't have enough sugar it will eat your muscle!

...so if you're borderline weight then not getting 3000kcal a day would be a terrible idea.

But if you already have large amounts of muscle then it maybe plausible but you would have to check with RRM on the risks because i am no expert

BUT remember you will feel like shit! Because you body doesn't have enough energy.

If you can't do the Water + Sugar +OO or Water + Sugar + Salad (with OO) then i would personally would rather lose muscle than have acne.....

If you are going to eat munch food then this may be helpful

http://www.waisays.com/protein.htm

Not sure what you have or haven't tested yet.

Salad (fat) for the day:
6 avacadoes
5 tomatoes (peeled)
chives
25ml OO

Sugar for the day:
Water + sugar

So every 10-20 mins Fat or Sugar. Listen to your body, it will tell you how much Sugar/Fat it needs. I personally am in a great mood when i have the optimum sugar/fat ratio.

Good luck mate :)
Seth

Post by Seth »

Four days w/o protein is not bad? This I don't know.

I realize the problems and consequences of not taking enough energy.

Eating only all whole fruit won't be a possibility anyway.

What is Borderline weight? I am 6'0" and weigh 173lbs. I have 8% bodyfat. Genetically, I don't exhibit large muscles (thankfully). I doubt I am under weight. At one time when I was seriously into weight lifting and eating 7000+ cals per day I got up to 230lbs, but I soon realized it was abnormal to be eating that much just to maintain my weight. My metabolism has always been lightening fast.

I haven't tested the munch foods at all and really would rather abstain if I am able to do so.

10-20 minutes will not be possible. It may be every 30 mins. I know what you mean about getting moody when blood sugar drops. Does the body catabolize that quickly? If you don't eat something in an hour, your body immediately starts to break down muscle? Seems awfully sudden to me. I could see it if you are talking 4 or more hours.

Thanks for the information and the vote of confidence.

Seth
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:Four days of drinking Water, OO and sugar without protein or OJ won't have dire consequences?
There is protein in dried fruits as well. If you also eat some Brazil nuts, you will ingest all the protein you need.
Furthermore, it will be impossible for me to drink it every 10 minutes. 20-30 is more likely possible.
Thats ok, you will just have to drink more in one setting then.
Isn't mustard seed considered a spice?
Absolutely, its a no-no.
dionysus wrote:You could eat dried fruit but the question is, can you get enough energy from them? You need 3000 kcal of energy a day.
Yes, you can. Dried fruits are very nutrient dense.
Extra water + sugar + oo might always get you extra energy, of course.
Remember when your body doesn't have enough sugar it will eat your muscle!
Indeed.
Seth wrote:Does the body catabolize that quickly?
Yes, as sufficient glucose is essential to the brain.
If you don't eat something in an hour, your body immediately starts to break down muscle? Seems awfully sudden to me. I could see it if you are talking 4 or more hours.
It totally depends on how much spare energy (glycogen) is available. If those stores are empty, every minute without sufficient glucose will result in breaking down muscle for energy.
gianni

Post by gianni »

Seth, when are you leaving and where in Canada are you going?
Can you take a small cooler with you? The soft material type can look like just another piece of luggage. If you could, you could wash some eggs and wrap them in paper towels and package them in a plastic container. If you don't have time to eat them during the day, you could just eat them before bed with some sugar. Finding clean protein would probably be the most difficult part. Lemons are small, too, and you could pack enough for the first two days, and then after that look for some along the way. Also, you could pack a bunch of bananas. How much olive oil would you need for 4 days. You could buy the smallest size bottle possible and stick that in your cooler, too. Buy bottled water and each morning make several bottles of lemon, sugar, and OO and take it with you in maybe a smaller cooler, the soft material type.
I know when you travel with a group there often isn't even time for shelling nuts, so maybe you could shell a lot of Brazil nuts ahead of time.

gianni
Seth

Post by Seth »

I thought dried fruits sometimes cause people problems. I always thought they were great because they are easy to carry around and usually contain a lot of calories. I take it dried fruit is safer than going the pasteurized OJ route?
dionysus wrote:You could eat dried fruit but the question is, can you get enough energy from them? You need 3000 kcal of energy a day.
Yes, you can. Dried fruits are very nutrient dense.
Extra water + sugar + oo might always get you extra energy, of course.
This makes sense, however, what does the body do when it is asleep for 8 or more hours? If waiting an hour or more to eat is a big no no, despite if you are sedentary, how does the body avoid catabolizing for such a long period when it is asleep?
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Seth wrote:I thought dried fruits sometimes cause people problems. .
As far as i'm aware only when the fruit has not been sun-dried. (+ no additives/preservatives)
Seth

Post by Seth »

That's a problem since the only dried fruit I can get my hands on here is not sun dried. I would imagine nowadays that the only way to obtain sun-dried fruit is to do it yourself.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:what does the body do when it is asleep for 8 or more hours?
It mainly utilizes bodyfat for energy, and also redundant protein in the blood. Thats why your morning urine is filled with ureum. When you are sleeping, your energy metabolism is different, due to several hormones secreted during sleep.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Seth wrote:That's a problem since the only dried fruit I can get my hands on here is not sun dried. I would imagine nowadays that the only way to obtain sun-dried fruit is to do it yourself.
Internet Shopping :)

Also order a jar of cold-pressed honey, if possible, for a nice sugar boost when your low. I eat the non-clear honey raw with a spoon. :D I think its tasty haha

By the way i just tried Water + Sugar + a slice of lemon. It is really nice 8) Going to make a thread about it!
Seth

Post by Seth »

Ah, I overlooked that one. Is that were you obtain yours?

Thanks for the help. At least I know I can go with some sugar water and OO if worse comes to worse. I will need to get my hands on distilled water out there, right?
dionysus wrote:
Seth wrote:That's a problem since the only dried fruit I can get my hands on here is not sun dried. I would imagine nowadays that the only way to obtain sun-dried fruit is to do it yourself.

Also order a jar of cold-pressed honey, if possible, for a nice sugar boost when your low. I eat the non-clear honey raw with a spoon. :D I think its tasty haha

By the way i just tried Water + Sugar + a slice of lemon. It is really nice 8) Going to make a thread about it!
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Seth wrote:Ah, I overlooked that one. Is that were you obtain yours?

Thanks for the help. At least I know I can go with some sugar water and OO if worse comes to worse. I will need to get my hands on distilled water out there, right?
dionysus wrote:

Yes you would need mineral water and it also has to be water with a low mineral content such as Volvic.

I haven't try OO in my Water + Sugar....that would be a bit much for me. But maybe not... will have to try. :)

Remember you could always have

Water + Sugar +slice of Lemon

& Salad (with OO)

PS i gave you the wrong salad info :lol: just incase you need it.

Salad (fat) for the day:

4 avacadoes
5 tomatoes (peeled)
1/2 cumcumber (peeled)
chives (fresh if possible)
25ml OO

8)
gianni

Post by gianni »

I found some organic sun-dried raisins at Whole Foods today. They are made by Made In Nature, 2500 So. Fowler Avenue, Fresno, CA.

gianni
Seth

Post by Seth »

Yes you would need mineral water and it also has to be water with a low mineral content such as Volvic.
But I thought distilled water has no minerals in it. Is this right?