No More; went out for a pizza

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Lucks
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

No More; went out for a pizza

Post by Lucks »

I've been trying so hard. How can less than 3 weeks seem like the longest span of time in history??? I guess I'm one of the weak ones. I'm alone in my room after midnight with pounds of fruit and just crying FOR NO REASON. I'm just so sad, for no reason. It's not my period. I feel so tired, so weak, and have made no progress. Today I ate:

2 plums
4 bananas
several fresh figs
2 1/4 avocado
1/4 watermelon
handful of cherries
2 kiwis
1/2 cucumber
grapes
juice from 1 tomato
juice from 1 orange
1 guava
some nuts: 1 walnut, a few brazil nuts, hazelnuts and, sorry: almonds
sashimi: salmon, tuna, and shrimp
1/2 organic egg yolk

I'm so tired and I just want a New York mammoth slice of pizza. How can you guys suffer with such delayed gratification? Everyday I dread waking up knowing I'll have to eat this food. If someone could see into the future and told me I'd lose weight, have a clear complexion, smell better ANYTHING, maybe I'd have more strength. But I need some positive reinforcement for feeling like crap everyday. Yeah, perhaps forty years from now, when I might have gotten cancer, I won't, because of this diet. But I don't want to have to wait 40 years to say, "Oh, THAT'S why I'm doing this." Just so people support my diet efforts, I've lied and said, "This diet makes me feel great - I have so much energy." They already think I'm crazy. If I were to say I also feel depressed and tired and sick of the food, ha! I was literally down to my last cents trying to pay for my sashimi today. And I recently went on a date with a guy who was trying to be understanding, so we went to a fruit market, and I embarrassingly ran out of money. Well I'm gonna go get some pizza - sorry, "self" for being weak. Just like I was weak on every other diet I've tried.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

you are craving things the same way a smoker craves a cigarette when quiting. Once you get over the addiction to the addictive components of your old diet you wont feel the cravings and you wont feel deprived
Lucks

Hmm

Post by Lucks »

Thanks to johndela for responding so quickly to my desperation!
Well this is an interesting experiment. I'm back from my pizza run and I'll tell you what I'm observing. I feel MUCH better, much more "normal," much happier, much more hopeful and alive, AND much more hopeful towards continuing the Wai diet! The pizza did not make me want to stop the diet forever. In theory the diet makes sense. Unfortunately I'm now back to Day 1 with the diet, and the gratification of weight loss, etc. will be FURTHER delayed. Also these pizza slices are famously huge, and I had wanted 2 enormous slices, but I didn't have enough money (haha on my way to get the pizza, I realized that I had spent my last cents on that sashimi earlier. But then I found $5 in another part of my bag. So, correction: NOW I am broke) As soon as I tasted the 1st piece, I was like, "Damn, it doesn't taste as good as I wish." But it soothed me, "fed my addiction," if you will. And as I was finishing it, I thought, "I want another one." And in the time it's taken me to write this, I'm "on a down," so now I feel less hopeful, but still better than before. But what led me to such a desperate point of breaking, wherein I started crying and needed to get off the diet? Was I not getting what I needed in the diet? It seems that this diet requires the same willpower of other diets...?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Hmm

Post by RRM »

Lucks wrote:Was I not getting what I needed in the diet?
1) sufficient energy?
That depends on whether you eat frequent enough

2) other nutrients? (vitamins, minerals etc)
If you only eat Wai foods, and you ingest enough energy from it, you will not lack any nutrient.

3) psychological satisfaction from eating other foods?
This diet will not supply you with that, indeed.

4) physical satisfaction from beta-carbolines and opioid peptides?
This diet will not supply you with that, indeed.
Lucks wrote:It seems that this diet requires the same willpower of other diets...?
Yes, it requires willpower, but not the one you need for other diets.
With this diet you need willpower to beat your unhealthy addictions.
With other diets you need willpower to fight healthy mechanisms of your own body (ingesting sufficient sugars and fats, for example).
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Highly recommend you get your energy intake from juice (& Olive Oil).
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Like John remarked earlier, don't underestimate the power of (cooked) food addiction, it is very comparable to other addictions. We've all had our problems with getting rid of it.

If you feel tired, you might want to enter your typical daily diet into the/a nutrient calculator to see if you're getting enough energy.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

How are you sleeping?

The first time I did the diet, I found it not-so difficult because prior to it I was too depressed to eat anything. I was strict for about 1 week (except I ate the egg-whites); absolutely no munch-foods.

Than I broke out into really horrible hives which lasted about a month, which scared me off eggs fish and nuts, meaning I had to get an unhealthy protein source.

Now I'm on a less strict version of the diet trying to make myself become gradually more strict; which I find very difficult.