Fruits price? rice? B12? sugar? veggies?

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Iris
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Iris »

Rivera wrote:
I pour it in a small cup, and eat it with a teaspoon
I pour it in a cup, and then use it as a dip for my beef, chicken or fish, or i pour it over avocado
How do you open the bag? With your fingers? Knife?
With a knife, yes.
RRM: A few bites actually tastes good to me, but then the body revolts to the high level of specific nutrients (vitamin A), and i cannot take another bite. I simply cant.

The smell alone revolts me!
A stupid question: does fish like salmon have organs? I ask this because when I see the inside, it does not look like cows or chickens.
That's because it's not a cow, nor chicken ;)
But fish do have organs, indeed. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to live, they wouldn't even been borne. Their organs are partly similar to mammals', partly different (like their gills).
RRM wrote:Iceberg lettuce. Though they all contain anti-nutrients, icebergh lettuce contains least I think. It's mostly water and fibres.
But iceberg lettuce does have less nutrients compared to the other two?
I think so, yes. But when you eat a lot of fruit, who needs the additional nutrients anyway. Furthermore, they don't comply with RRM's criteria for "good food" ;)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote: Where you (or Wai) did find the list for all the anti-nutrients in food? Because on internet I barely find them.
There is no such list. However, there are books listing lots of nutrients and anti-nutrients in loads of foods, such as: Souci SW et al, Food Composition and Nutrition Tabels. Medpharm Scientific Publishers Stuttgart.
-Are 2 yolks enough for fats with 1 fruit?
Sure. More than enough.
You dont have to eat fats with every meal; as long as its a bit balanced at the end of the day.
What do you recommend to someone who is at work and cannot have fresh fish or olive oil with him for the fats? Nuts would be the answer but over 5 snacks per day with nuts, isn't it bad too?
Nuts is perfect, or some oo in your juice.
Over 5 snacks of nuts bad?
No, not at all, depending on what nuts you eat, of course (really raw?)
-In the Wai diet, I think I read alcohol was one source of energy. But I read somewhere else that: "Alcohol promotes hypoglycemias and makes them more severe and longer because alcohol blocks manufacture of sugar by the liver
True?
False; it doesnt block production. Its just that, as with any kind of sugar, the production of sugar is temporarily halted when sugar from the digestive tract is absorbed into the blodstream. Thats only to keep the blood sugar level at the right level.
So, nothing dramatic at all. simply essential regulations.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

RRM wrote:There is no such list. However, there are books listing lots of nutrients and anti-nutrients in loads of foods, such as: Souci SW et al, Food Composition and Nutrition Tabels. Medpharm Scientific Publishers Stuttgart.
Is it what, you and Wai, used for know them? How did you know which one was stronger in his anti-nutrionnal effect than another? The book tells it?

I need some of your comments on these, thanks:
-Does it harm raw eggs to scramble them or cook them? Does it oxidize the cholesterol?

-No at all. The whites should mostly be eaten cooked, as raw egg whites contain enzyme inhibitors that can cause digestive problems. Oxidation only occurs during commercial processing when the eggs are forced out of a tiny hole at high temperatures and pressure.
Salt is crucial to digestion and assimilation. Salt is also necessary for the development and functioning of the nervous system.
-Do we need salt in our diet, so many say we do not?

-Salt is essential to life, that is why we have salt taste buds. Without salt, we die. We need salt for protein digestion, carbohydrate digestion, adrenal function, cellular metabolism and brain development. Unrefined salt provides us with many trace minerals.
Ignoring the acne, do we need salt in our food? Is it essential?

-Is krill oil better than cod liver oil? And than Salmon oil?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote:How did you know which one was stronger in his anti-nutrionnal effect than another?
The book doesnt tell, but you can learn about the effects of individual anti-nutrients from scientific papers shown in PubMed. Just type the name of the anti-nutrient you want to learn more about.
-Does it harm raw eggs to scramble them or cook them? Does it oxidize the cholesterol?
Of course they say no, just as they say that cooking only denaturalizes protein and that no damage (oxidation) happens to the amino acids.
Unfortunately, cholesterol is relatively susceptible to oxidation, and already happens at 100 degrees Celcius (cooking point).

Preparation of autoxidized cholesterol mixtures from [4-14C] cholesterol and cholesteryl fatty acid esters. Bascoul J, Domergue N, Crastes de Paulet A. J Steroid Biochem. 1983 Dec;19(6):1779-82.
Autoxidation of cholesterol in tallows heated under deep frying conditions: evaluation of oxysterols by GLC and TLC-FID. Bascoul J, Domergue N, Olle M, Crastes de Paulet A. Lipids. 1986 Jun;21(6):383-7.
Salt is crucial to digestion and assimilation. Salt is also necessary for the development and functioning of the nervous system.
-Do we need salt in our diet, so many say we do not?
Sure salt is essential, and salt is present in all foods.
-Is krill oil better than cod liver oil? And than Salmon oil?
Better?
In what way?
And of course, it very much depends on how the oil is obtained.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

RRM wrote:Of course they say no, just as they say that cooking only denaturalizes protein and that no damage (oxidation) happens to the amino acids.
Unfortunately, cholesterol is relatively susceptible to oxidation, and already happens at 100 degrees Celcius (cooking point).
So when we cook spaghettis with coconuts oil, if we stay under the smoke point (I don't even know how to check this), oil somehow still becomes bad?
Better?
In what way?
I don't know, for health. Like some fish are better than other. I start to hear a lot about it so I'm just wondering.

-What are the best olive oil brands? I've read that in fact many are low qualities, even if cold pressed. Just few brands really propose one very good.

-If we dunk raw honey on bread into hot coffee for 2/3 seconds (like we all do). Does it oxidize honey? Does it become bad?

-I have raw honey and I'm surprised to see we can keep long time (like 2 years). How is it possible? It's an organic and perfectly raw, not processed. So it is normal to be able to keep it that long?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote:So when we cook spaghettis with coconuts oil, if we stay under the smoke point (I don't even know how to check this), oil somehow still becomes bad?
No, oil needs quite radical heating to become bad, but what is 'smoking point' ?
I don't know, for health. Like some fish are better than other. I start to hear a lot about it so I'm just wondering.
Well, actually, with fish and fruits its about the same deal: There is a variation in nutrient make up, but its not that some fruits / fish are better than others, just different. And if you eat a variety of fish / fruits, the quality is always good enough!!
So, no worries about which one is better; one contains more of vitamin X and Y, while the other contains more Q and Z. So, that they perfectly complement each other.
-What are the best olive oil brands? I've read that in fact many are low qualities, even if cold pressed. Just few brands really propose one very good.
there is a thread about this subject. Check it out!
-If we dunk raw honey on bread into hot coffee for 2/3 seconds (like we all do). Does it oxidize honey? Does it become bad?
the good thing about sugars is that they are energy only, and as they only serve as energy purposes, they are effectively converted / broken down in the human body, for energy, so there is no issue with altered/ damaged molecules, as 'everything goes in that big energy-extracting machine', without consideration of filtering out certain molecules for any other purposes (as opposed to fats and proteins)
-I have raw honey and I'm surprised to see we can keep long time (like 2 years). How is it possible? It's an organic and perfectly raw, not processed. So it is normal to be able to keep it that long?
Yes. The bees produce it to last long, as it serves as spare energy for those cold winters when the flowers are gone...
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

RRM wrote:No, oil needs quite radical heating to become bad,
So if we do not have big insulin spike, eating spaghetti everyday would be ok? Radical is how much approximately?
RRM wrote:but what is 'smoking point' ?
You don't know the smoking point? I'm surprised with all you know about food, this seems basic. The smoking point is the temperature at which a cooking fat or oil begins to break down to glycerol and free fatty acids.
When oil reaches the smoking point, it begins to degrade. The oil will taste bad, adding an acrid smell and taste to the food. The smoke forms substances that may be carcinogens, and should probably not be breathed or consumed. In addition to tasting bad and potentially being dangerous, oil which has reached the smoking point is not suitable for cooking food because it will burn the food.
Coconuts oil's smoking point is 350°F, so I don't know if cooking pasta/spaghetti is lower or not.
the good thing about sugars is that they are energy only, and as they only serve as energy purposes, they are effectively converted / broken down in the human body, for energy, so there is no issue with altered/ damaged molecules, as 'everything goes in that big energy-extracting machine', without consideration of filtering out certain molecules for any other purposes (as opposed to fats and proteins)
But raw honey contains vitamins/minerals/proteins so there is a lost somewhere? It's not like with white sugar, which is only empty sugar?
Of course, it's just 2 seconds in a moderately heated coffee, but theoretically it should change his nature?

-Is it true that RDA is only a minimum base under which deficiency appears? I read that "The Recommended Daily Allowance, was never intended for optimal intake, but only to replete the symptoms of a severe deficiency". True?

-What do you think of Brewer's Yeast? I can't really understand how to eat this. It's like a protein shake? You mix it with something else?

-Is there a way to print topics from this forum without having to enter each topics? :lol:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote: So if we do not have big insulin spike, eating spaghetti everyday would be ok?
The problem is that a spaghetti meal always causes quite a spike (unless you divide it in lots of small meals), as the energy from that meal lasts for hours (the initial insulin spike is followed by a glucagon spike, te release that stored energy again).
Radical is how much approximately?
Im not sure, but deep frying certainly does the trick.
Coconuts oil's smoking point is 350°F, so I don't know if cooking pasta/spaghetti is lower or not.
Thank you for the explanation. Yes, ive heard about that indeed. I didnt know it is called the 'smoking point'.
Of course, cooking occurs at a lower point...
But raw honey contains vitamins/minerals/proteins so there is a lost somewhere? It's not like with white sugar, which is only empty sugar?
Of course, it's just 2 seconds in a moderately heated coffee, but theoretically it should change his nature?
Nah, i dont think its relevant.
I read that "The Recommended Daily Allowance, was never intended for optimal intake, but only to replete the symptoms of a severe deficiency". True?
Yes and no.
Not for 'optimal intake', as we still dont know what that is.
Yes, it is intended to replete symptoms of severe deficiency, RAPIDLY and in EVERYBODY.
So, to replete (not to maintain), with a build-in safety margin so that even the low-percentage 'uptakers' are covered.
So, yes, its by definition more than we need on a daily basis.
-What do you think of Brewer's Yeast?
Dont take it.
Why would you?
Is there a way to print topics from this forum without having to enter each topics? :lol:
Not that i know.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

RRM wrote:
Nah, i dont think its relevant.
But heated honey is somewhat altered? Not maybe on the sugar level but on the nutrient one? So "bad"?

So, to replete (not to maintain), with a build-in safety margin so that even the low-percentage 'uptakers' are covered.
So, yes, its by definition more than we need on a daily basis.
Do you have a source or link for this please?

RRM wrote:
-What do you think of Brewer's Yeast?
Dont take it.
Why would you?
I'm not going to, but imagine the case where someone needs supplements for whatever reason. Would it be better to take this than synthetic vitamins (like Bs)?

-I know you are against green tea, but what about the polyphenols inside? Many studies reports good things about them.
If someone wants to drink green tea, every types of bottle you found are ok? Or are there some things to know for choose?

-Are icecream cones (the ones frozen found in supermarket greatly porcessed and the ones sold on beaches where they prepare in front of you) are very bad? Can you develop a little on this subject please? Thanks
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote: But heated honey is somewhat altered? Not maybe on the sugar level but on the nutrient one? So "bad"?
There are hardly any nutrients in honey, gven how little you consume of it. So, its really not relevant.
Do you have a source or link for this please?
Yes, organizations such as the FDA. Any national advisory agency (on food safety, regulations etc)

RRM wrote: imagine the case where someone needs supplements for whatever reason. Would it be better to take this than synthetic vitamins (like Bs)?
No. It would be best to consume natural foods high in that particular nutrient.
I know you are against green tea, but what about the polyphenols inside? Many studies reports good things about them.
Sure, if you take into consideration their anti-oxidative properties.
Aggressive anti-bacterial soaps etc are filled with polyphenols as well; they have very powerful properties.
But does that mean its wise to take them in?
Or might it be wiser to prevent the uptake of those aggressive oxidants (such as HCA) in the first place?
If someone wants to drink green tea, every types of bottle you found are ok? Or are there some things to know for choose?
I would advise against taking any of these.
-Are icecream cones (the ones frozen found in supermarket greatly porcessed and the ones sold on beaches where they prepare in front of you) are very bad? Can you develop a little on this subject please? Thanks
The best ones are the ones that are just frozen lemonade.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

RRM wrote:There are hardly any nutrients in honey, gven how little you consume of it. So, its really not relevant.
So buying low heated organic honey is ok?
I would advise against taking any of these.
But asians do drink a lot of tea and they seem ok?

I have some quotes I need some comments about:
Honey, bee pollen and royal jelly should not be artificially heated above 93° F (33° C), nor stored below 45° F (7° C).
Fats should not be artificially heated above 96° F (35° C) nor stored below 38° F (2° C), except olive oil, which should not be stored below 50° F (10° C).
Milk and milk products should not be artificially heated above 98° F nor stored below 45° F (7° C).
Meats should not be artificially heated above 98° F (37° C) nor stored below 38° F (2° C).
Eggs should not be artificially heated above 98° F (37° C) nor stored below 68° F (20° C). Eggs lose many nutrients when refrigerated. Eggs should not be refrigerated except when a recipe calls for it. Recipes that contain egg should not be refrigerated after being prepared. Most recipes will last for 24 hours outside of refrigeration.
True?
Pressed oils, such as olive and flax, are used by our bodies as cleansers. They often dry tissue rather than lubricate it. Pressed oils, in many individuals, cause thinning of the mucus that protects the stomach and intestinal linings when oils are eaten too often.
True?
Too much fruit causes over emotionality because it causes low blood-protein and blood-fat levels, disrupts the sugar levels, irritates tissue, and leeches fats from the nervous system, causing lesions in the myelin. Some people should not eat fruit except on rare occasions, such as bulimics and diabetics, and when they do, they should always eat high-carbohydrate fruit with an equal amount of fat. Fruit also causes edema (water retention). I have met 8 people of 2,300 who were able to maintain health and eat a high-carbohydrate fruit diet without ill symptoms.
True?
OILS, such as olive and flax are 90% solvent-reactive. That is, they are mainly used as cleansers to dissolve toxins. Our bodies cannot easily utilize pressed oils for lubrication, relaxation and stabilization. Pressed oils are beneficial in dissolving internal adhesions (scars) and dead cells, including benign or malignant tumors, and arterial and lymphatic congestion and plaque. Pressed oils often cause dry and acrid conditions in the body. I recommend the moderate eating of oils, no more than once a day or every other day, and that oils be consumed mainly with one meat meal. The body uses coconut cream the same as it does olive and flax oils but without drying the body because coconut cream can lubricate and soothe. Coconut cream is better.
True?
It is a false notion that water nurtures and hydrates tissue. In fact. water dries the cells while it bloats the body because 90% of it circulates in the blood serum without cellular absorption. That also applies to the H2O in cooked food. People who eat cooked food cannot absorb much of the H20 into their cells. Their cells become dehydrated.
True?
Drinking raw milk that has warmed to room temperature for at least 5 hours aids digestion. When milk is drunk cold from refrigeration, milk proteins and sugars may pass into the blood undigested and cause allergic reactions.
True?
Alkaline fruits, such as bananas, peaches and figs, should not be consumed more than once a day, and should not be consumed with meat. They should be eaten with coconut cream, coconut, avocado, unsalted raw butter, raw cream, no-salt-added raw cheese or occasionally raw eggs.
True?
On the Primal Diet, it is very important to gain and lose weight to remove imbedded toxicity. Without excess fat, the body cannot afford to make solvents, dissolve toxicity, neutralize, harness and contain it. Low body-fat levels only allow for basal metabolism and no deep cleansing. Most diseases are caused by concentrations of embedded toxicity. When a person lacks fat reserve, any toxin that enters the body or is loosed will cause cellular damage. They will be absorbed into cells. When a body has fat-reserves, toxins are collected and absorbed into fat, where they do little harm.
True?
I recommend that men gain 15-30 pounds and women 12-15 pounds above what should be their normal weight (not according to thin-fashion). The excess weight should be achieved within two months. It should be maintained for another 2 months. That allows the body to utilize the stored fats as solvents to withdraw toxins from deep tissue and dissolve them. Then, it is time to eat the weight-loss diet to remove the toxin-filled excess fats. The process is similar to an oil-change in machinery. When the oil becomes black and thick with waste, it is time to change it. For the human body, I found that the cycle is best employed twice yearly. That vastly reduced symptoms of detoxification when detoxification occurred.

True?
Most pill, powder and liquid supplements create a toxic high similar to the high created by caffeine, causing a rise of hormones, such as adrenaline, that buffer, hide or arrest symptoms without resolving disease and without effecting cure. Decades of research proved that the body manufactures adrenaline in response to injury and most poisons that enter the blood stream. Hormonal rushes and cessation of symptoms are usually interpreted and marketed as increased health. Therefore, people think falsely that supplements work to increase health and cure disease. Like medications, supplements are drugs….
True?
"Pathogens" are to the body what vultures, crows and ants are to the Earth. They are a few of the Earth's janitors. They find carcasses and eat them. Without the Earth's janitors, our air would be in jeopardy of becoming toxic gas in which animals could not thrive. "Pathogens" are our bodies' helpful, organic, inner-ecological recycling organisms that help us thrive.
True?
Alzheimer's is mainly the result of low blood protein levels over long periods, such as in vegetarianism, or fruitarianism, or in someone who lacks enzyme-mutations for digesting and assimilating cooked or processed protein, or lacks enzyme-mutations for digesting and assimilating cooked or processed sugar forming calcification along nerves which erodes nerve tissue.
True?
Because we are constantly in accelerated detoxification due to our toxic conditions, our blood tends to be too acidic with waste compounds. That acidic blood-condition often causes cravings for too much fruit and cooked starches, lethargy, irritability, repulsion toward meats, and anorexia. Drinking green vegetable juices 2-4 times a day, but not in combination with other foods, helps to neutralize the acidic compounds in the blood. They do not over-alkalinize the intestines. Most often, they eliminate the symptoms listed above. Drinking green vegetable juices daily ensures the replacement of the enzymes, vitamins and minerals that are lost because of deficient soils, reduced through the stress of food transport from the field to our dinner plates, and that have been leeched from our bodies from years of eating cooked foods.
True?

Thanks again.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Rivera wrote:
RRM wrote:There are hardly any nutrients in honey, gven how little you consume of it. So, its really not relevant.
So buying low heated organic honey is ok?
check out this link:

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey

"Excessive heat can have detrimental effects on the nutritional value of honey.[44][45] Heating up to 37°C causes loss of nearly 200 components, part of which are antibacterial. Heating up to 40°C destroys invertase, an important enzyme. Heating up to 50°C turns the honey into caramel (the most valuable honey sugars become analogous to sugar). Generally any larger temperature fluctuation (10°C is ideal for preservation of ripe honey) causes decay.[46]"
summerwave

quotations

Post by summerwave »

The quotations/philosophies are from Aajonus Vonderplanitz?
Rivera

Re: quotations

Post by Rivera »

summerwave wrote:The quotations/philosophies are from Aajonus Vonderplanitz?
Yes
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

"Excessive heat can have detrimental effects on the nutritional value of honey
Of course, heat always does that.
And of course, there are many different ingredients in honey, but they all come in trace amounts, so that it really doesnt make any difference.

You know what we think about enzymes: they are made inside the body. those (co)enzymes the body cannot make are called vitamins.