Darn cellulite!

Challenges and trouble-shooting
slea
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Darn cellulite!

Post by slea »

Hi all! :D Now, I know that you have to really stick to the diet for it to work, so I really don't know if I have a case here or not. I basically eat really low dirty protein when I do munch, but I have noticed that my skin seems to be loosing it's tone and cellulite started showing up on my stomach and thighs in the last year. When I pull my skin tight, you can't see it. I have been doing the diet for a year and a half. I am very sensitive to dirty protein, so, I try to keep away from it as much as possible. I just turned 36 so I've been telling myself it's part of aging, but part of me says that isn't true. If I am not eating enough egg yolks or sashimi would that cause my skin to loose it's tone? A day for me is:
breakfast and during the morning: a banana w/ cream and walnuts, dried fruit with a few brazil nuts (not every day though, maybe 3x a week)sometimes I have a couple of egg yolks in oj or tomato juice.
lunch: salad w/ veg soup and sometimes a couple of bites of bread (try to avoid bread, but it's a weakness!) afternoon: some fruit (pineapple, apples,ect) w/ some sort of fat, cream cheese or cream.
dinner: various veggies steamed, avocadoes, salsa and baked corn chips, stuff like that. Later in the evening, maybe some more fruit.
Like I said, that is some of the things I eat every day, some days I switch it around. I eat raw fish only twice a week. I always try to balance my carbs and fat. Do you think its because I'm not eating enough protein? I crave fats strongly, especially cream cheese and animal fats,like bacon, but I rarely eat it. I don't crave the yolks at all but when I do eat them, I have to make my self, but they are very satisfying and take away my cravings. I don't dislike them, I just don't crave them. My fave way to eat them is over a starch, rice, potatoes,ect, but I try to avoid starch since they put weight on you. I am trying to figure out why my skin tone is getting sooo bad. I've always been proud of my thick, youthful skin. Every one used to freak when I told them how old I am. Also, the tops of my fore arms look old and wrinkled, the skin under my eyes is also loosing it's tone and poofy and and is wasn't like that a year ago! If I push the skin together on my arms, lines stay there and take a few minutes to dissapear. It's like I've aged over night! I'm just wondering if my bad habits from the past are catching up? Just last year people said I looked 22 and now they are telling me I look 30ish. I get eight hours of sleep every night and I don't party any more. I don't eat much salt either and I avoid msg and other food additives. What do you guys think? I don't mean to sound like I am whining, but this is very depressing! lol :confused:
RRM
Administrator

Re: Darn cellulite!

Post by RRM »

Hi Slea,
I have noticed that my skin seems to be loosing it's tone and cellulite started showing up on my stomach and thighs in the last year. When I pull my skin tight, you can't see it.
Yes, that's the cellulite inprinted in your skin structure. Obviously, the process of cell renewal in accordance with a cellulite-free skin has not been completed.
This may be due to sometimes still retaining too much water in the true skin. The moments or periods in between that you don't retain too much water, you will therefore still see the imprint, and you will see some degree of skin laxaty.

If you would eat normal food again, your skin would get tighter, but your cellulite would remain.
If you would start to eat more strictly, you would initially find that your skin laxaty remains and the cellulite would slowly start to fade. After that your skin would adapt to the lasting lack of excess water, getting tighter.
I am very sensitive to dirty protein
That's too bad, because this will require you to be more strict.
I just turned 36 so I've been telling myself it's part of aging, but part of me says that isn't true.
Indeed, that's not it.
If I am not eating enough egg yolks or sashimi would that cause my skin to loose it's tone?
No, you are eating enough.
Its periods of not retaining too much water alternated with retaining too much water.
... salsa and baked corn chips, stuff like that.
Maybe you could eliminate these?
Do you think its because I'm not eating enough protein?
No, you are eating enough protein.
If I push the skin together on my arms, lines stay there and take a few minutes to dissapear. It's like I've aged over night!
Your skin is telling you that it needs time to adjust to this situation of no longer retaining too much water, and you can only give it by sufficiently refraining from foods that occasionally make you retain too much water again.
Your skin needs a long time out.
I'm just wondering if my bad habits from the past are catching up?
Yes, they always do, and you will notice them now in particular, since no longer hidden by retaining too much water.
This part is most difficult.
You better are as strict as possible, so that this will be all behind you as soon as possible.
I don't mean to sound like I am whining, but this is very depressing
Of course its very depressing and you are not whining, it's simply the hardest part to get through. Luckily, your skin is still young enough to adapt now.
sher

Post by sher »

Slea I was wondering if you've seen improvements with your cellulite. Because I noticed the same thing.

Goodluck!!
slea

Post by slea »

Hi Sher! Wellll, let's just say that I have been working on it! :) I started doing weights once a week and it's helped a lot. My deal is that I have to be really strict for the diet to work. I went 20 days 100% straight a month ago and it made a huge difference. I couldn't hardly see it at all. So, I know that is the answer. The exercise is helping as well. I am having a problem with staying clean right now. In fact I posted a few days ago about fighting munch food cravings. That is my goal, to be 100%. I think I need to live on a deserted island though! :D What is going on with you?
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

slea wrote:I think I need to live on a deserted island though! :D
Haha, I dream of living on a deserted island and eating only coconuts, papayas, mangoes, bananas, raw seafood, and exploring and lounging in the warm sun all day on the sand. And, of course, I'd have some good laying hens on the island, too. That would be SOO awesome! On top of it just being fun, it would be beautifying and all persons on the island would be absolutely gorgeous! :lol: All the dedicated or wannabe dedicated "Waiians" on the board should all go in and buy an island together. Hehe - eventually it would be called "the island of the most beautiful people alive."8) A girl can dream, right? ;)

~Amber
slea

Post by slea »

Bambi,

Are you sure I don't know you? lol That is EXACTLY what I talk about to my boyfriend all the time. He even jokes about it! When I get stressed he'll say, "just pretend you are on your island, naked in the sun!" Wouldn't that be the life? :D
rischott

Post by rischott »

I fell the same as you two. I would be 100% Wai everyday, but it is TOO damn hard to do that and live with non-Waiers at the same time. If anyone finds an island, let me know. I'll be down for that.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Let me know when to chip in and buy my ticket! :)
sula58

Post by sula58 »

I went 20 days 100% straight a month ago and it made a huge difference. I couldn't hardly see it at all. So, I know that is the answer.
Slea, hooray!

(By the way, if you guys buy a Wai-friendly island and forget to tell me, I will be so pissed. I've packed and everything.) :wink:
sher

Post by sher »

Well I felt like I lost some muscle tone and gained some flab on my thighs and butt especially. But I have cheated so I'm sure that's it. I think I was eating too much fat ...especially with munch foods. I've cut back some so I'm seeing improvements. It's so hard to be 100% when my husband/mom/fill in the blank wants to take me to dinner etc.. I guess I could have excuse after excuse if I wanted. I don't mean to do that.
sula58

Post by sula58 »

Slea,
I know what you're saying. When I've been--happily--strict for a while, the only reason that I relapse is because it's difficult to abstain on a social level. Family, friends eating their regular meals. Afternoons hanging out with friends in cafes. Going out on dates...equals going out to dinner (and it is a bit awkward to have to introduce your diet along with, well, yourself). Nighttime equals drinking. etc. etc.

But it's worth it!
slea

Post by slea »

Sula, you are too funny. I'm packed too, so if any one leaves me out....

I know exatly what everyone is saying. It's usually the social aspect of the diet that sidetracks me. I would have to replace my whole life to be not tempted. That is where will power comes in.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I understand the social issue. Not being able to eat out unless it's going to be a japanese restaurant, or unless the restaurant can be persuaded in serving their salmon raw. On the other hand, if you're not afraid to be the "odd one out", cafes shouldn't be too much of a problem if you can order OJ or plain water.
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Haha, you guys are great! The island WILL exist some day...perhaps we should all play the lottery! :lol: Slea ~ It DOES seem like we should know each other! lol - My sister and I always dream about deserted islands! My fiance would like it too, but he'd want a TV and crap! Eww! I'm sure after a short time on the island, he would forget about all that stuff and just want to get to real living! :D There's this really cool PC game that is just a blast for anyone who wants to be stranded on an island - It's called "Return to Mysterious Island" Check it out: http://www.mysteriousislandgame.com/uk/index.htm
Seriously, it's SO much fun! ;)

Well, I've been doing the cellulite version of Wai's diet, and it almost seems too easy at this point! Which is great, because it shouldn't be too difficult to go 100% Wai when I so choose, or at least on the days when I have full control over my diet - yeah, there's definately a social barrier when it comes to the diet. I'm going to begin walking to more places, and I also want to begin running because I can always breathe deeper when I'm running regularly, which feels great. Slea - thanks for the motivation vibes! ;) I think they helped. Sula - I hope you packed some chickens, too! Hehe, we need a good source of cholesterol ;) We won't leave you out :D

~Amber
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Bambi726 wrote:Hehe, we need a good source of cholesterol ;) We won't leave you out :D
Should I be slighly worried?? :twisted: