Food combining

Challenges and trouble-shooting
anders.ohrn
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Food combining

Post by anders.ohrn »

According to natural hygienist Herbert Shelton, among others, one fundamental principle in food combining is not to combine proteins and fats with sugars. Thus, oils and nuts are recommended to be consumed with vegetables, not with fruits. On waisays.com, however, it is recommended that nuts should be consumed with every fruit meal, in order to even out blood sugar. Also, the possibility of taking egg yolks with fruit smoothies is discussed. I am not saying this is wrong - in fact, Herbert Shelton was wrong about quite a few things - I would just like to hear your thoughts about this.

Also, in your experience, are there any specific food combinations that seem to cause digestive problems? (Certain fruit combinations, certain egg yolk combinations, and so on...)

Peace
Anders
nick

Re: Food combining

Post by nick »

Vegtables have sugars in them.
What is the arguement against combining fats and proteins with sugar? Ill effects, bad for your digestion?

Wai/RRM make it so clearer about the benefits eating sufficient fat with sugar. Sugar is fast acting and fat slows down the action of sugar so that your sugar level is balanced.

There are some information posts in the old board about this aspect of the diet.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Originally posted by anders.ohrn:
...On waisays.com, however, it is recommended that nuts should be consumed with every fruit meal, in order to even out blood sugar...
I assume you mean "oil" instead of "nuts", otherwise there will be a lot of farting with the Wai diet people... :D

For me it seems that combining nuts with anything else is problematic. Also avocado doesn't combine too well for me (except with olive oil). Combining different fruits together hasn't been a problem so far. Also egg yolks combine well with fruits.
anders.ohrn

Post by anders.ohrn »

Oscar:

No, I'm talking about nuts, quoting the following segment on the site:

"You should eat some Brazil nuts (only if shelled by hand), avocado or a few bites of the salad that is covered with sufficient olive oil after every time you have eaten some fruits / fresh juices. This to stabilize the blood sugar level. (as a guideline: roughly 1 gram fat for every 2 grams carbs; check this list)"

How would you eat oils with fruits? First eat some fruits, and then drink some oil afterwards? Or put the oil on the fruits? Doesn't sound that delicious to me...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

That is weird...as far as I know nuts contain a lot of fiber, which need to be decomposed bacterially. This means that everthing you've just eaten will be decomposed that way, producing gas. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but if not, this can't be right. :)
anders.ohrn

Post by anders.ohrn »

Wai? RRM? ANYONE???

:)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

We always recommend oil with juices. Nuts only go very well with dried fruits (or in a salad), probably because they are about equally much concentrated.
I will change that line.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Anders, can you point out that specific page?
anders.ohrn

Post by anders.ohrn »

RRM:

The segment can be found here:
http://www.waisays.com/AcneSampleDiet.htm

It's #3 of "The rules".

Peace
Anders
RRM
Administrator

Food combining

Post by RRM »

Thank you.
I've changed it into:
3) You should always combine sugars with fats. So, when you eat dried fruits, you should eat some Brazil nuts or macadamia nuts as well (only if shelled by hand) And if you eat a cucumber-tomato-salad, you should eat some avocado as well. Or you could just simply always combine sugars with cold-pressed olive oil, which combines well with virtually anything. Olive oil, for example, can also perfectly be added to orange juice. All the above to stabilize the blood sugar level. (as a guideline: roughly 1 gram fat for every 2 grams carbs; check this list)