Urinating a lot

Challenges and trouble-shooting
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Urinating a lot

Post by RRM »

(EDIT) This thread was split off from another thread (/EDIT)

Why dont you use a juice extractor to get apple juice or similar?
fred

Re: raw honey instead of orange juice?

Post by fred »

RRM wrote: Why dont you use a juice extractor to get apple juice or similar?
Apple juice gives me diarrhea (malic acid?). And fruit juice makes me over-urinate.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fruit juice makes me over-urinate
Sure, juice contains a lot of water, but urinating a lot is not a bad thing.
fred

Post by fred »

It is not convenient, and not very good for the kidney I guess?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

For the kidneys?
Its actually better for the kidneys, as its much easier for them to discard anything that needs to be discarded.
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

fred wrote: It is not convenient, and not very good for the kidney I guess?
I thought so too..

Urinating a lot means the body is getting rid of excessive minerals, vitamins, etc. I think the body is saying that it does not want to take in any more vitamin c. Sometimes I wonder whether drinking so much OJ will compromise the body's absorption of vitamin c.
fred

Post by fred »

When I drink OJ, my urine is clear as water, so there is really not much thing to discard! This surplus of useless water must be filtered (kidney) and rejected (bladder). I live much better without all this water in my system!
fred

Post by fred »

Kookaburra wrote:Urinating a lot means the body is getting rid of excessive minerals, vitamins, etc. I think the body is saying that it does not want to take in any more vitamin c. Sometimes I wonder whether drinking so much OJ will compromise the body's absorption of vitamin c.
I rather think that urinating a lot simply means too much water!
It looks like any diet has its upsides and drawbacks...
panacea

Post by panacea »

If you are urinating very frequently, drinking a lot of fluids, and the urine is very dark yellow, then there is a problem (or maybe you are taking medications which cause this, or supplements). But if you are doing this and the urine is not dark, it's normal...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kookaburra wrote:Sometimes I wonder whether drinking so much OJ will compromise the body's absorption of vitamin c.
No, adjusting the absorption rate is a tool, not a malfunction.
Adjusting the absorption rate of vitamins and minerals happens all the time that your diet changes somewhat.
fred wrote: When I drink OJ, my urine is clear as water, so there is really not much thing to discard!
This surplus of useless water must be filtered (kidney) and rejected (bladder). I live much better without all this water in my system!
No, as you said: there is not really much to discard, so that there is not much work to be done.
And everything that needs to be discarded is readily and easily absorbed by all that water going out.
Your body has no problem with water, at all.
fred wrote: I rather think that urinating a lot simply means too much water!
True, but that extra water is also a very useful tool, for discarding excess and unwanted stuff.
More water means more effective tool; less hard work.
It looks like any diet has its upsides and drawbacks...
Yes, if you dont want to go to the bathroom, eating and drinking is a bitch.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

RRM wrote:Yes, if you dont want to go to the bathroom, eating and drinking is a bitch.
:lol:
abicahsoul

Re: Urinating a lot

Post by abicahsoul »

It is better to go more than to go less.... Cuz the stuff that kidney stones are made off accumulates more if one doesn't pee enough... Dark yellow on a regular basis isn't good.. it is a sign that the body needs more water as far as I understand... darker morning pee is acceptable.. but still indicates that one needs more water..
fred

Post by fred »

Oscar wrote:
RRM wrote:Yes, if you dont want to go to the bathroom, eating and drinking is a bitch.
I now better understand why Wait diet is no unpopular in France, many French can't afford such a high water diet : it costs 172 Euros de piss in a public area in France!
fred

Post by fred »

abicahsoul wrote:It is better to go more than to go less.... Cuz the stuff that kidney stones are made off accumulates more if one doesn't pee enough... Dark yellow on a regular basis isn't good.. it is a sign that the body needs more water as far as I understand... darker morning pee is acceptable.. but still indicates that one needs more water..
A disturbed night caused by frequent visits to the bathroom can also be detrimental to health on the long run... :P
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Yes you are right! I am familiar with that. I can just speak from experience, but when I eat Wai I need to go less or not at all during sleeping hours. I drink ca 2-2.5L OJ a day (when training 3) and eat fruit. I do notice that my pee in the morning is yellow and sparse, whereas in the day it is colorless or chamomille tea like in appearance.. :P
Perhaps if you drink most of the liquid of the diet in the daytime and solid fruit later in the eve? Might work. Good luck anyway.