Fungus on skin

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Fungus on skin

Post by Mr. PC »

Ok, so what's a good amount of time to leave the coconut oil on my nose, because I think I have a fungus on the side of my nose.
djkvan

Re: Coconut oil

Post by djkvan »

Mr. PC wrote:I think I have a fungus on the side of my nose
Do you mean flaking skin up and down the outside of the nose with oiliness? I began to get this while on the Wai diet. I believe it was seborrheic dermatitis. When I stopped eating raw egg yolk it stopped. But that's just my unique experience.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I had this before the wai diet, but I think it is seborrheic dermatitis; I think I also have it on my scalp, leading to dandruff. I don't understand why it would be caused by eggyolks; are you sure it's not a co-incidence? What did you replace yolks with? fish/beef?
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

You could try fish I suppose. Eventually I was forced to quit the Wai diet as my health was beginning to suffer. I have so rather unusual circumstances to deal with, but everyone does to one degree or another. For more info you could look in my most recent diet diary posts (see "hi everyone, new guy here").
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I think I have a fungus on the side of my nose
Apply vaseline to suffocate the fungus.
Keep on applying so that this spot is always covered in vaseline, until its totally gone.
After that, apply some oil regularly.
Mr. PC

Re: Fungus on skin

Post by Mr. PC »

I think that will work. Will try and than get back to you as of the results.
Oh, but how come Vaseline would be better than coconut oil, would both suffocate the fungus, but the coconut oil also work as an anti-fungal? Or would the oil not suffocate it? I'm going to try the vaseline first anyway, just curious.
Oh, and I was going to ask, if I touch the side of my nose, and than touch another piece of skin, will that spread the fungus? I think I may have the same thing under my eyes and eyelashes, as well as a fungus on my scalp. I'm apprehensive about putting anything too close to my eyes.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:how come Vaseline would be better than coconut oil
because its thicker, more consistent.
if I touch the side of my nose, and than touch another piece of skin, will that spread the fungus?
As the fungus is in your blood, it may already spread when facilitated.
I'm apprehensive about putting anything too close to my eyes.
I understand.
First lets see what the vaseline does for you on the side of your nose.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

Regular bath/hand soap kills bacteria but not fungus. If it did you could clear up athlete's foot by taking a bath. The floral balance that exists in the digestive tract also exists on the skin. Using soap disrupts this balance and can actually promote yeast/fungal infections of the skin.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I'm not sure what you mean RRM by "As the fungus is in your blood, it may already spread when facilitated." Could you elaborate?
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

From: http://www.ehow.com/facts_6509298_blood-fungus_.html
One serious blood fungus pathogen is Candida albicans. According to the Centers for Disease Control website, Candidemia---a condition caused by Candida albicans---may be the fourth-biggest agent of overall bloodstream infections in the U.S.

Those most at risk for a blood fungus infection are patients undergoing chemotherapy or who have had a bone marrow transplant, patients whose immune system is compromised and patients in intensive care units, according to the CDC website.

An accurate diagnosis is vital with blood fungus, in order to receive proper treatment; blood fungus does not respond to antibiotics and many types are also resistant to anti-fungal drugs.
Factors that facilitate fungus in the blood include: sinus infection (yeasty smell in nostrils is a clue), antibiotics, cancer, diabetes and AIDS.

From: http://labtestsonline.org/understanding ... l/tab/test
Blood tests for fungal antigens and antibodies may be used to determine if a patient has, or recently had, a specific fungal infection. They are more rapid than fungal cultures but only test for a specific fungal species, so the doctor has to know what fungal organism to test for. Many people have fungal antibodies from a prior exposure to the organism so that a single antibody test may not confirm the presence of a current infection. If acute and convalescent antibody tests are ordered to see if antibody levels (titers) are changing, the evaluation of results may take several weeks.