Juicing vegetables

Challenges and trouble-shooting
avalon
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Juicing vegetables

Post by avalon »

Question All

I understand the idea that we weren't designed to eat vegetables like birs or cows etc.

But by juicing vegetables, doesn't this change the whole idea of that. That we can benefit from the nutrients this way since the juicing takes care of much of the work?

Any ideas?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

There are a couple of problems with eating plants:

1. the nutrients are in cells with thick walls
2. they contain lots of fiber
3. they contain natural pesticides
4. they contain other substances which aren't so great for us
5. they are, compared to fruits, relatively low in nutrients

With juicing you take care of 1 and 2, but not of the others.
For more info check: http://www.youngerthanyourage.com/13/plants.htm
avalon

Post by avalon »

Okay, but when you say they contain
Natural pesticides
do mean to say Toxins? Because then buying Organic, which I suppose we should be doing anyway, would take care of this.

But essentially some vegetables can be allowed and I would think juicing them would be the way to go, if incorporating them into the diet. But what I then understand is, really, they aren't necessary.

What I find so interesting is that so many articles stress dietary fiber as a good thing. I just re-read what Wai says about our need of fiber and it is so amazing.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yeah I meant toxins, but I wasn't even referring to the pesticides we spray on them. Fruits are meant for consumption, because the organism wants to spread their seeds. Veggies are organisms themselves, so they don't want to be eaten. Look in the article for a list of substances.

Also, the pesticides we spray on fruits mostly stay in the peel, so when we peel a fruit, we get rid of most of those. That is more difficult with plants.