Sugar 'addiction' & Candida

Challenges and trouble-shooting
huntress
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Sugar 'addiction' & Candida

Post by huntress »

Is anybody experiencing the ill effect of sugar addiction while eating tons of fruits? I have been feeling very tired lately despite eating tons of fruits. My mental focus isn't sharp anymore. For the past few months, my attention span would only last for 20 minutes max. Another problem I have been facing is frequent urination and lately, candida overgrowth.

The first few months, I felt very energetic and amazingly productive. But lately, I am sluggish, having short attention span, and my mood is going downward spiral.

I was thinking of reducing sugary fruits and increasing my intake in neutral fruits (tomato,cucumber,avocado) and yolks. I am also thinking of adding salmon back to my diet although they aren't really fresh and I can only get them in fillets from the supermarket. And how about raw beef?

I just want to increase the variety of foods to eat just so I don't grow bored over the same food and at the same time, ingest enough energy.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Hi Huntress,

Raw beef is fine as long as they are really raw. You've read the posts in the Animal food section right?

You can also create killer combinations with a blender. I think food is like sex, if you don't pay attention to varying things a little bit, at some point, there's going to be a burn-out.

Some people seem to have concentration on command (RRM seems to be one of them). Avalon and I are the ADD crowd. But I am making progress, although intermittent, so I don't know if I can entirely attribute it to the diet...

Keep us posted about any changes you make, ok?

Take care!
avalon

Post by avalon »

I just want to increase the variety of foods to eat just so I don't grow bored over the same food and at the same time, ingest enough energy.
I believe you! And I agree. My reasons for less fruit were more for weight problems.

What you suggested is working for me. My one sweet fruit is upon waking. The rest of the day is neutral.

I'm torn on red meat and perhaps out of insecurity. Everywhere on the net, even with fish, one is cautioned not to eat raw meat! I did read about a 6 second dip in boiling water to kill unwanteds...haven't tried it though.

Would dipping a steak in boiling water for 6 seconds create dirty protien? Might try is soon. I'm so frustrated about finding fish also. And eating out is too costly. But now that I know what I know about 'dead' food, it's harder to go and buy a roasted chicken which is cheap, easily found and lasts days!!!

If you do tweak, let us know what happens.

Best wishes, Avalon
nick

Re: Sugar addiction

Post by nick »

huntress wrote:Is anybody experiencing the ill effect of sugar addiction while eating tons of fruits? I have been feeling very tired lately despite eating tons of fruits. My mental focus isn't sharp anymore. For the past few months, my attention span would only last for 20 minutes max. Another problem I have been facing is frequent urination and lately, candida overgrowth.
I take it you balance with fat?
Before the diet were you on any antibiotics?
I was thinking of reducing sugary fruits and increasing my intake in neutral fruits (tomato,cucumber,avocado) and yolks. I am also thinking of adding salmon back to my diet although they aren't really fresh and I can only get them in fillets from the supermarket.
Eating more avocado's is a great idea. I noticed that when I eat a wider variety of fruits it definitely helps. I really have a deep desire to eat cucumbers whereas when I first started the diet I hated eating them.

How many yolks do you eat per day?

Fish has B3. B3 comes from tryptophan. When you eat fish this B3 prevents the use of tryptophan in your body for B3 utilization, thus more can be used for serotonine production. You might be serotonine-sensitive, thus it affects you more. Perhaps more sunshine would help too.
I noticed that when I eat tomatoes it sparks my sugar-level in a different way. It is something different and makes me feel better. I have been trying to choose a wider variety to if that helped my mood so its good to know someone else has that problem too.
huntress

Post by huntress »

Chin-Chin,

Thank you for your encouragement. I will have to re-read the Animal food section to get a better understanding since I may have to introduce that new entry (red meat) into my diet.

Avalon,

Thank you for your support and for believing in me. I am also vary on eating raw animal food (salmon included, which is why I stopped initially) but now I have no choice but to risk it. Where did you read about that technique in eliminating parasites? Any links?

nick,

I have been balancing it with fats most of the time. Some of the time, my cravings for fruits overcomes my taste for fats that I reject taking fats together with my fruits. I was never on any drugs (antibiotics...etc) and the last time I was on one was 14 years ago.

I eat ~7 yolks per day. Yes, I find that when I am outdoors and in the sun more often, my mood elevates. It's also good to know I am not alone in the quest to find a better way to upgrade my moods. :wink:
huntress

Post by huntress »

Hey Avalon,

I was just re-reading your post regarding your doubts on sugar at the ADHD thread. I meant to post my agreement with your doubts on sugar but I was experiencing a bad headache at that time and I could hardly concentrate lately so I couldn't even get my facts straight. But I'll get back to you on that one.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Sugar addiction

Post by RRM »

huntress wrote:Is anybody experiencing the ill effect of sugar addiction while eating tons of fruits? I have been feeling very tired lately despite eating tons of fruits.
Thats not sugar addiction.
'Sugar addiction' is the natural need for sufficent glucose in the blood.
Sugar overdosing (too much sugar in one setting) spikes the blood sugar too much, which is followed by a low, making your body crave for sugar again. This is not sugar addicition, but the result of sugar overdosing, and is resolved by taking in lots of small amounts of sugar all the time, instead of more sugar in one setting.

Candida relates to feeling tired though...
lately, I am sluggish, having short attention span, and my mood is going downward spiral.
This all relates to candida.
I was thinking of reducing sugary fruits and increasing my intake in neutral fruits (tomato,cucumber,avocado) and yolks.
If you have candida its not about what foods you eat, but about keeping your blood sugar at a very constant but relatively moderate level, with a relatively high intake of fatty acids.
It doesnt matter where the sugar come from, as long as you manage their influx properly.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Good Morning,

RRM,
with great respect, there 'may' be more to the picture:
This is not sugar addicition, but the result of sugar overdosing, and is resolved by taking in lots of small amounts of sugar all the time, instead of more sugar in one setting.
From PsychologyToday:
"People with a genetic predisposition for addiction can become overly dependent on sugar, particularly if they periodically stop eating and then binge," warns Bart Hoebel, Ph.D., a psychologist at Princeton University who led the study. "Laboratory experiments with rats showed that signs of sugar dependence developed over the course of 10 days. This suggests that it does not take long before the starve-binge behavior catches up with animals, making them dependent."
http://health.yahoo.com/topic/addiction ... 124-000002
If you have candida its not about what foods you eat, but about keeping your blood sugar at a very constant but relatively moderate level, with a relatively high intake of fatty acids.
It doesnt matter where the sugar come from, as long as you manage their influx properly.
Surely, there may be some advantage to eating fewer 'sweet' fruits, rather than upping the fat balance?
One can benefit from eating no sweet fruit for several weeks or months, but in the long term, when the desire for sugar appears it must be addressed with sweet fruit and not cooked starch. Some sweet fruit must be eaten eventually or the body will get off balance. One to three pieces of non-hybridized fruit each day should be fine.

When sweet fruits are eaten, they should be "masked (blended or mixed) with cold-pressed oil (olive, flax, etc.) and/or green-leafy vegetables (lettuce or tender young greens are excellent) - fermentation of the fruit from too many combinations must be avoided.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

avalon wrote:...particularly if they periodically stop eating and then binge...
RRM wrote:Sugar overdosing (too much sugar in one setting) spikes the blood sugar too much, which is followed by a low, making your body crave for sugar again. This is not sugar addicition, but the result of sugar overdosing, and is resolved by taking in lots of small amounts of sugar all the time, instead of more sugar in one setting.
So, energy management.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Two words- Energy Management.

Three words- Not so simple.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Four words- You can do it.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Mmmmmm...