what to eat? what to do? whats ok?

Challenges and trouble-shooting
somebodyelse
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

what to eat? what to do? whats ok?

Post by somebodyelse »

Is it ok if I only eat oranges,strawberrys,rasberrys,egg,olive oil,romane lettuce,squezed lemon?

Do I have to poke a hole in the egg yolk?I got pretty clear on my five day straight when I was doing it that way before I messed up.

Do I have to put oil on my face?

If those fruits are ok can someone help me with a diet plan with the exact hours between meals and weight of fruit with each meal?
somebodyelse

Post by somebodyelse »

Im not good at liscening to my body with this and I feel better knowing that what I ate is really ok.
Oscar
Administrator

Re: diet plan

Post by Oscar »

somebodyelse wrote:Is it ok if I only eat oranges,strawberrys,rasberrys,egg,olive oil,romane lettuce,squezed lemon?
Take out the lettuce. You might want to include some raw fish if you can.
Do I have to poke a hole in the egg yolk?
If you want to drain the yolk before eating, yes.
Do I have to put oil on my face?
Nope. You can use a little bit of raw coconut oil if your skin is really dry in the beginning.
If those fruits are ok can someone help me with a diet plan with the exact hours between meals and weight of fruit with each meal?
It all depends on what your energy needs are at any given moment, and those are different for any individual...
somebodyelse

Re: diet plan

Post by somebodyelse »

Oscar wrote: It all depends on what your energy needs are at any given moment, and those are different for any individual...
Well then just one that will work for me to stay on because the sample diet doesn't have any weight of the fruit in the sample diet I don't think.

I can tell you how much I wiegh if needed.

Thank you. :D
somebodyelse

Post by somebodyelse »

because Im sick of messing up.
somebodyelse

Post by somebodyelse »

Is two 130 gram oranges at 6am with two eggs and at 12am one 130gram orange with 180 grams of raspberrys and a egg and at 6am 130 gram strawberrys and a 130 gram orange and a egg if needed and two oranges at night if needed ok? is that to much food?
Brian
Administrator

Post by Brian »

somebodyelse wrote:Is two 130 gram oranges at 6am with two eggs and at 12am one 130gram orange with 180 grams of raspberrys and a egg and at 6am 130 gram strawberrys and a 130 gram orange and a egg if needed and two oranges at night if needed ok? is that to much food?
The times you included here do not make sense?
You list 6AM twice.

From what I can gather of your list you're planning to eat (per day):

6 oranges (130g each = 780g total)
180g raspberry
130g strawberry
4 egg yolks

Did you enter this into the nutrient calculator?
If so you will see that this is only 723 kcals, and that is nowhere near enough (compare the Quantity column to the RDA column).
Even adding sugar and olive oil I do not think this is enough, but you should enter the numbers yourself into the calculator.
Also you have to maintain a balance between your carbohydrates and fats; your list is low on fats.

However you are not telling us some important information: are you male or female, and what is your age?
These affect the approximate RDA (keep in mind that it really is an approximation, different people require different things and it will vary depending on activity levels etc.).

Also, you have to eat far more often than every 6 hours to maintain your energy levels.

If you are on the diet right now, be aware that the most common mistake is not to consume enough energy.
Be careful, and use the nutrient calculator.
somebodyelse

Post by somebodyelse »

Hi brain and thanks for the reply.

Brain wrote:However you are not telling us some important information: are you male or female, and what is your age?

I am 20 boy 6 foot 1, 184 pound area.

Can you give me the best specific time in hours between each meal to feel safe with and I will then organize my fruit combination I want with the fruits I have chosen after I know how many cali.

I mint PM when I said AM regarding your comment on that and I didn't mention the fat but know how to find out how much to take now and will be including it.

Im also not sure what the differance from kcal and calorie is.

Im going to go ahead and hold off on starting to im clear on this so I don't have to make blind choices.
Brian
Administrator

Post by Brian »

Hi somebodyelse,

I am more than happy to provide some advice, however I think it's important that you work out as many of the details as you can on your own.
Also, I personally do not have much time right now.

Anyway, I will use myself as an example.
I am a few years older than you and am slightly bigger.
On days when I am active I could eat, for example:

3-4 liters fresh squeezed orange juice with sugar and olive oil added
4 bananas
2 avocados
6-8 egg yolks or 150g raw salmon or tuna

I reduce the orange juice if there's other fruits I want to eat.
I sip at the orange juice throughout the day, usually every 30-45 minutes.
I eat an avocado around lunch and one around dinner.
I (gently) stir the yolks into some orange juice and eat them a bit before bed, or if I'm having fish I usually have it around dinner or a bit after.
Of course this changes from day to day depending on what I'm doing, how I'm feeling, what my tastes are, etc.

One thing I learned quite early is that once you know the general principles behind the diet, it is very easy to adapt it to what is available to you and what your preferences are.

Also, a calorie in nutritional terms is the same as a kcal. I just wrote kcal because that's what the converter uses. Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calorie for details.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Woah I thought you were a girl and even so your food intake was annorexic-level!!
There's no way that's enough for a 6ft male!! Especially a 20 year old. You need more calories than anyone (well except 15-18 year olds). Fortunately you've just stopped growing or else...you would stop growing. You're not eating enough to grow on.

As Brian demonstrated, the easiest ways to increase your calorie intake are to drink orange juice (or other juice but oranges don't have to be put through a juicer, you just squeeze them) and eat bananas and avocados.

Kcal = calories. They're the same thing.

Funny I thought Brian was middleaged. Feel stoopid now. :oops:
somebodyelse

Post by somebodyelse »

I think I just need 2000 kcal right?

Is organic orange juice not good enough?

Im going to start right now with two oranges every 2 hours I guess?

Cairidh I think I am still growing till 23?
somebodyelse

Post by somebodyelse »

I guess it's about 2400 kcal would 500 kcal per meal about six times a day be ok?
Brian
Administrator

Post by Brian »

somebodyelse wrote:I think I just need 2000 kcal right?
Where do you get this number from?
The FDA RDA shows 2900 or 3000 kcal depending which age group you say you're in, and the JSNFS shows 2000-3000 kcal, with 2000 being more geared towards smaller or less active people.

Anyway, there is no exact number to aim for.
You must listen to your body and it will tell you what it needs.
Is organic orange juice not good enough?
You mean store bought juice?
It depends if it has been pasteurised or not.
If it has been, then it is not okay for the sample diet.
Im going to start right now with two oranges every 2 hours I guess?
???

2 hours is very likely too long to wait between eating.
Your energy levels will fluctuate too much.
At least, that's what I've found.

I must reiterate that it is important you absorb the information available here, and not just follow the sample diet as a rote plan.
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Hi, somebodyelse :)

If you feel as though you have plenty of energy at 2000 calories, then that is enough for you, but if you feel you need more energy, then test the amount to see which you feel best at. If you are somewhat active, then you may need more.

It seems from your posts that you kind of want someone to tell you exactly what to do, but everybody's body is different, so it's difficult to tell anyone exactly what to do - it's more of an experimentation thing to see what is best for your body. It is imperative that you learn to listen to your body and see what it is telling you (do I need more energy? More protein? More fats? Are raw nuts ok to my body?...).

So, if you want to see if something will be good for your personal diet, firstly check Wai's book to see if it's allowed (ie - it's raw, not a vegetable, never frozen, etc.), then try it, and then check in with yourself to see how you're feeling. Trust your feelings about what your body likes or doesn't like.

Organic orange juice is wonderful, as long as it is not from a bottle(pasteurized). I assume that you do mean fresh-squeezed, though?

It depends on the size of the oranges and your activity level if the juice of two oranges every two hours will be enough. Oranges can yield from 2 ounces of juice each up to a cup each! So, it would probably be best to measure it by how much juice instead of how many oranges, so you know how many calories you're getting, as well as how much olive oil you'll have to add to the juice to balance out the sugars.

I think you can still grow for a couple of years, too :)
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Oops, looks like Brian already answered your questions! ;)

~Amber