what to eat? what to do? whats ok?

Challenges and trouble-shooting
somebodyelse
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by somebodyelse »

I promise I really can't listen to my body when eating fruit I have no idea what it want's I end up getting weak and confused and stop eating before I can tell what it want's so Im trying to kind of plan out a diet plan that will get me by even if it's not the 100% best for me.

ok even if it is 3000 then 500 x 6 = 3000 so even if I eat the 500 kcal in fruit each serving I will still get enough kcal and that's without me finding how many kcal are in the olive oil and the eggs.

ill try the every two hours for now to see if I can get by and if not ill move to around a hour and put something together to get all the kcal needed.
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Good plan :D
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

fff wrote: 6 oranges (130g each = 780g total)
180g raspberry
130g strawberry
4 egg yolks
I entered this into NATs http://nat.crgq.com/nat2/nat.pdl with the RDAs for a male your age.
It said:
734 cals (a quarter of what you need!)
20.63g Protein (35% of what you need. Wai and RRM tell you to eat a low protein diet. Even so thats extremely low!! And that's not going to make you grow)
23g fat (22% of RDA)
113% of fibre
463mg calcium (this is 35% RDA but its the right amount according to Wai)
4.7mg Iron (39% RDA - you'll be anaemic)
63% Vitamin A
715% Vitamin C (yay)
72% Thiamin
75% Riboflavin
25% Niacin
283% cholesterol (that's good)

So, you need:
more calories (juice, bananas, avocados)
more protein (yolks, fish)
more fat (yolks, olive oil, coconut oil, avocado)
more iron (yolks, fish)
more Vitamin A (yolks, papaya, mango, watermelon)
more B Vitamins (yolks, fish, avocado)
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Adding just 1 mango would give you all the Vitamin A you need.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Adding
75g salmon and 1 avocado would give you the B Vitamins.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

6 oranges (130g each = 780g total)
180g raspberry
130g strawberry
4 egg yolks
75g salmon
1 avocado
1 mango

gives you enough of everything except calories and iron.
The RDA for iron for a man your age is 12mg, this gives you 7. RRM might say this is enough.
So now you just need more calories -
This gives you 1329 cals.
If you eat 3 bananas, that's 1644 cals.
If you eat 6 more oranges, that's 2013 cals.
And if you add the right amount of oil, 8 tablespoons (which gives you precisely and exact 2:1 carb-fat ratio!), that's 2968 cals! Perfect!

And the grand total is:
12 oranges (1572g)
180g raspberries
130g strawberries
1 mango
3 bananas
1 avocado
8 tablespoons olive oil
4 egg yolks
75g salmon

This gives you everything you everything you need :D
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

If you cut out the salmon, you still get everything you need - except Niacin.

So then you need to add 2 nectarines (I found out the other week nectarines are loaded with niacin!)

But this messes up your carb:fat ratio, so then you need to add a tablespoon of coconut oil (or olive oil but coconut has things olive doesnt so its good to have both) and another egg yolk, which makes it a perfect 2:1 again. :D
avo

Post by avo »

How important is the 2:1 ratio? Should it be from the final tally, or should each meal/snack be close to that ratio? I ask because it is a lot simplier to just have mostly fruit for the first half of the day, and then start eating more fats, ending with a dinner of nuts, coconut and dried fruit. Also, I don't feel like eating any fats early in the day, it's just not what I crave. Sometimes I get near the 2:1 ratio, but most of the time, like today for example, it is 470g of carbs to 170g fat. I could easily add a few spoons of oil, or another avocado, but is it really necessary? Should I try to evenly distribute the fat thoughout the day?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The carbs/fat ratio depends on the energy you need throughout the day. If you need more energy, then the ratio can be higher. If you want to keep your insulin use to a minimum, you would have to try to distribute the fat more. It means the body uses relatively less carbs at a time. So I think you don't need to add more oil at all, only distribute it more. :)
somebodyelse

Post by somebodyelse »

avo if you can stand eating the fruit with out the fat then I think it's fine but I couldnt stand not eating fat with fruit myself without getting outrageous blood sugar spiking
somebodyelse

Post by somebodyelse »

update I failed the diet once again from lack of planning and preparing exactally what im going to eat.

I don't see how any of you can have any judgment with what to eat when doing this I think im going to have to weigh out everything for a couple days ahead to be able to do this.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Can you squeeze OJ?
somebodyelse

Post by somebodyelse »

yeah I could.

Can I weigh oranges with the skin and be able to find out my much fat?The having to peal the oranges really got me.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Okay, why not do something like this:

Every morning squeeze 1 liter of OJ with 6 teaspoons of table sugar and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Take sips during the day, whenever you feel you need energy or when hungry. Unless you want to eat something, then you eat.

I eat a kind of breakfast, with 3 pieces of fruit and olive oil. Then lunch, 1 piece of fruit with olive oil, late afternoon 1/2 avocado with olive oil, dinner 100gr fish, late night snack 2 pieces of fruit with olive oil.
I eat my egg yolks with lunch and late night snack, but you have to see when the best time would be for you (when you can take a rest).

A piece of fruit is something like a banana or an apple, so if you want to eat strawberries, you'll have to take more of those to get to the same amount.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

fff wrote:avo if you can stand eating the fruit with out the fat then I think it's fine but I couldnt stand not eating fat with fruit myself without getting outrageous blood sugar spiking
I only get that with oranges. Other fruits don't affect me. Even fresh dates.