Clearer skin with less egg yolks?

Challenges and trouble-shooting
huntress
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Clearer skin with less egg yolks?

Post by huntress »

Hey everyone!

I've been experiencing something that may sound contradicting but here goes... After I recovered from my illness last week, I developed a mild taste aversion to egg yolks so I decided reduce it to 2 a day then avoided it completely 3 days later. Till then, I found that my skin is much much more smoother and clearer than it has EVER been. Is this possible? My protein intake is only ~10g a day without the egg yolks. I read in the old board that low protein can cause acne due to the break down of muscle protein. But my skin is clear! What is going on? :?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think it's individually different, how much protein you can consume and not get skin issues. And as Wai says: "Even consuming (the right-) fruits only, you will absorb all protein you need." So we don't eat the yolks for the protein, but for the other nutrients.
huntress

Post by huntress »

Okay...but without the egg yolks, I am getting enough nutrients though? Since egg yolks are highly nutritionous and it is my only source of B-12 and cholesterol, would ingesting just 2 perday be sufficient?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hmmm, not sure...2 doesn't seem enough to me. Can you get any info from the calculator?
nick

Post by nick »

From the sample diet page:

"As a woman you should consume 2 egg yolks OR maximally 50 gram fresh raw fish a day. If you are a tall man you should maximally consume 100 gram (3.5oz.) fresh raw fish OR 5 egg yolks a day. If you are a relatively short man, 60 gram (or 3 egg yolks) is the right amount. "

I guess you should just pay attention in the next few days and weeks and see how you feel. Perhaps your body will want more. Alternating with fish is best too.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

so what were you eating?
huntress

Post by huntress »

I just started to add more yolks again; 2 or 4 max in a day. Will see how it goes.
so what were you eating?
The usual: oranges, apples, bananas. But I've also recently added home-made sprouted mung beans to my diet together with some raw garlic. The garlic was to eliminate the thrush I have from the Candida overgrowth. And surprisingly it dissapeared overnight.
avalon

Post by avalon »

huntress!!!
The garlic was to eliminate the thrush I have from the Candida overgrowth. And surprisingly it dissapeared overnight.
Sometimes, and I know not always, when something works, it's just freakin Great! That's the miracle of our healing bodies!

But more seriously, as a Vampire I still have garlic issues heh heh :twisted: