Questions about Salmon, Fishing, and Raw Egg Yolks

Challenges and trouble-shooting
hannah
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Questions about Salmon, Fishing, and Raw Egg Yolks

Post by hannah »

Hello! Regarding salmon, can I eat the Lox salmon? (smoked). I would actually like to fish for fish myself, I'm actually a good fisherwoman, but I will not be able to go on a boat, so I will be fishing frmo over a bridge, Is that okay? I have done this many times before, slicing the fish open and eating them fresh with some lemon. Is this okay? I don't want to break any rules for this diet. I want to go 100% If I cannot have fresh fish can I just eat the raw egg yolks? Thank you very much for helping me, It is greatly appreciated.

PS I'm sorry, I have posted this page in some other areas by mistake.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Questions about Salmon, Fishing, and Raw Egg Yolks

Post by RRM »

hannah wrote:Hello! Regarding salmon, can I eat the Lox salmon? (smoked).
No!
If you are acne prone its bad for your skin...
I would actually like to fish for fish myself, I'm actually a good fisherwoman, but I will not be able to go on a boat, so I will be fishing frmo over a bridge, Is that okay?
If you dont know what fish are parasite-prone, and you dont know how to detect parasites, I would strongly advice against it.
If I cannot have fresh fish can I just eat the raw egg yolks?
Of course, but why cant you buy raw salmon or tuna?
hannah

Where to buy fresh fish

Post by hannah »

I will have to go to the fish market this week, How can I keep a whole fish? Can I freeze some of it?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I wouldn't freeze the fish, but just keep it refridgerated. It depends on how fresh the fish is how long you can keep it, so you'll have to find that out. A mackerel would work, but keeping a whole salmon or tuna would be out of the question I suppose. ;)
hannah

Mackerel..

Post by hannah »

Thanks Oscar, So.. I should buy Mackerel? I can keep these in the fridge with no problem? I would probably slice the fish in pieces to make it easier to keep in the fridge. Which fish tastes best in your opinion and which has the most benefits? Thanks for replying!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I mainly eat mackerel and salmon. Ideal would be to buy a piece every day you eat it, so it's superfresh and tastes delicious. I'm not sure how fresh the fish is that I buy, but I never eat it later than the next day.

As for beneficiality, I don't think they differ that much. Only tuna seems to contain more mercury than salmon or mackerel.
hannah

Post by hannah »

Of course I would love to buy a piece everyday, but it is hard for me to do that due to the location of the fish market. How long can I keep the fish? Can I eat as much of it as I would like in a day? ( =
nick

Post by nick »

Hannah,

I usually buy half a pound for 2-3 days. Usually it will only last for 2 days, but sometimes it will really be fresh and last for 3. I keep it in a plastic container with some of those ice packs to keep it cold as possible but you don't want it frozen as freezing the fish can cause new spots.

So, if the fish is quite fresh then eat it for two days and see how it looks and smells on the third day. The more you eat it, the better your senses will be at detecting freshness.

Good Luck.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Nick is completely right. :)
rischott

Post by rischott »

I am up in the Poconos at the moment and there is a stocked lake (no motorboats allowed), and I will go fishing this week. Can I eat bass or trout raw??
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Its actually fish caught in lakes that readily contains parasites. You really need to make a study (or profession) out of it before you can know what you are doing. So, nobody can tell you whats safe.
sabie

Post by sabie »

Today a woman in the fish store (customer but the staff also warn me) wouldn't stop going on about how dangerous it is to eat the raw spring slamon I was buying. All winter and spring I ate Ahi Tuna which cost me a fortune so I'm happy to have the fresh salmon. Can it really be that dangerous? I've been eating it for a couple of weeks, about 3 times a week. I always eat it the same day.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

sabie wrote:Today a woman in the fish store (customer but the staff also warn me) wouldn't stop going on about how dangerous it is to eat the raw spring slamon I was buying. .... Can it really be that dangerous?
If it is salmon from a hatchery, no, not at all.
If it is wild salmon, there is a slight risk, but the risk of ingesting bad molecules from cooked food is 100%
sabie

Post by sabie »

I would only eat wild Salmon. Here on the West Coast we are well versed in the dangers of farm fish. Yet, why do I let these cranks get to me? I should know better. Must be the painkillers! I stare at the fish under bright light with my reading glasses on and I see nothing. So, I ate it. It is so good.
Brazilnuts

Re: Questions about Salmon, Fishing, and Raw Egg Yolks

Post by Brazilnuts »

RRM wrote:
hannah wrote:Hello! Regarding salmon, can I eat the Lox salmon? (smoked).
No!
If you are acne prone its bad for your skin...

I am not prone to acne, so is it okay for me to eat smoked salmon?
How much dirty protein do you think 100g contains?

PS: I'm on the Wai diet for colon health.