Specific Foods/Dishes on Wai Warrior

Fasting during the morning and (some part of) the afternoon, eating at night
Gavriel
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Specific Foods/Dishes on Wai Warrior

Post by Gavriel »

Hello my Wai Heroes and forum friends!
Autophagy seems to have been indeed the missing link and I am very excited to be back on the forum to explore this added dimension.
I now recall a few years into being on 100% Sample Diet, I often found myself having no appetite for half a day - simply forgetting to eat until early evening.. naturally.
I tried many times RRM's juicing regime, but it never worked for me as well.
I also lost my way for short whiles a few times in recent years (since getting married), declining from 100% to maybe 95%. That would usually mean, adding rice to a meal, or rucola to a mix, or some salt..

So, I would like to share a few dishes that naturally evolved on my journey on the sample diet and hopefully find out how they relate to an extreme Wai Warrior order I am going to try very soon. My initial goal is to eat once a day for a window of 2-3 hours avoiding having to juice. I love a glass of OJ or other fruit juice a day, but not much more - even after working out. I also want to experiment with a three day warrior regime which I will write about in a separate thread.

So here are my sample diet dishes. Any thoughts / comments / experiences are super helpful:

1) pieces of Salmon (with the skin) fully marinated in lemon and lime juice.
This became a permanent dish in our household (my wife is on the diet as well - but not 100%).
To my surprise, I found that I can eat much more of the marinated salmon ("salmon ceviche") without breaking out or feeling heavy / needing a rest.
The juice of this "marinade" is especially delicious - it feels like you are drinking everything you need: amino acids, sugar (lemon), and fat. Keeping the skin of the salmon makes the juice even more fatty. I love adding the juice to a fatty salad.
Another benefit is that this marinated salmon digests MUCH easier in combination with other foods. For example I can eat fruits shortly after.
when I read about RRM going on the warrior diet, the first thing that came to my mind was the salmon in lemon.
My hope is that the fact that the lemon pre-breaks-down the protein into amino acids will allow me to eat more of it on the warrior diet, having to drink less OJ, and still get the same effect.

2) "Old" salads vs. new
I made the observation that fruit salads that stand for half a day or more digest better. Another way of putting it is: I end up eating much more fruits in one sitting naturally. If I add honey to such a salad and let it stand for half a day, I can finish a huge bowl without noticing. Again, all happened naturally.

3) jam
What about raw jam; adding lots of sugar to different barriers and letting the water come out. Again, easier to eat more in one sitting.
maybe there is a way to get the fiber out of such a "jam"?

4) Carpaccio with Honey and OO
We love eating carpaccio with honey and OO at home. I know it sounds strange, but try it before you dismiss the idea.

5) My banga banga mix
Many years into the 100% diet, my daily protein intake turned more and more often into a mix of ingredients.
For example: 1 tomato, 1-2 avos, some grounded beef (~200g), 1 or 2 yolks, a little cucumber, a few berries or cut grapes, water cured olives, a little oil (OO, almond, Macademia, can't digest coconut well...), some lemon.
I LOVED eating a large bowl of this before going to sleep. Slept like a baby.
It makes you tired but digests perfectly. Thus, a candidate dish for my warrior diet attempt.

6.1) green tea - it often helped me during flights and travel where I had to starve because there was no good food for me. Good japanese green tea contains more caffeine than coffee. Always felt good on an empty stomach. I would love to add honey to it, but that I guess would stop the autophage process, right?

7) a specific question (probably a silly one) about eggs:
I love eggs and could easily eat 10 eggs or more in one sitting if it wasn't against the Wai philosophy to eat that much. I also love the taste of eating the whole egg (yolk and egg white).
Given that I want to leave the OJ out, and can add the sugar to something else, might it be that in the case of Wai Warrior it could be beneficial to eat whole eggs? the biotin in the egg white would inhibit the absorption of (excess) protein, and yet I could get the vitamins and minerals that otherwise could only be injected as OJ (don't get mad, I am on your side;)
RRM
Administrator

Re: Specific Foods/Dishes on Wai Warrior

Post by RRM »

Great to see you back, Gavriel,
Gavriel wrote: Sun 05 Feb 2017 04:25 1) pieces of Salmon (with the skin) fully marinated in lemon and lime juice.
To my surprise, I found that I can eat much more of the marinated salmon ("salmon ceviche") without breaking out or feeling heavy / needing a rest.
It also might be its just because you have aged a bit since...
Well, at least that is true for me, so i may be projecting here.
I can eat A LOT of raw salmon now, without breaking out.
At night, before bedtime, i love to indulge on it.
I can eat 500 grams in one meal now.
"Old" salads vs. new
Yes, in as much as overripe fruits are better than 'normal'fruits.
Fruits also contain many anti-nutrients, but the levels go down as fruit ripens / becomes overripe
What about raw jam; adding lots of sugar to different barriers and letting the water come out. Again, easier to eat more in one sitting.
Versapers!
Juice extractor / slow juicer.
Its a blessing...
We love eating carpaccio with honey and OO at home. I know it sounds strange, but try it before you dismiss the idea.
No, not strange at all. A complete set of nutrients.
My banga banga mix
Thats the only one i dont fancy; too much fiber for me; i dont like the full belly so much.
I prefer more energy dense, less fiber.
I would love to add honey to it, but that I guess would stop the autophage process, right?
Indeed, but not for long.
I love eggs and could easily eat 10 eggs or more in one sitting if it wasn't against the Wai philosophy to eat that much.
Actually, i have always adviced women to find their optimal egg yolk intake, and told them that some need a dozen of egg yolks daily to be at their best, hormonally. (sex hormones, cholesterol, serotonin)
Given that I want to leave the OJ out, and can add the sugar to something else, might it be that in the case of Wai Warrior it could be beneficial to eat whole eggs? the biotin in the egg white would inhibit the absorption of (excess) protein, and yet I could get the vitamins and minerals that otherwise could only be injected as OJ (don't get mad, I am on your side;)
:)
Actually, you need a lot more protein on Wai Warrior than on Wai regular.
All the fasting also comes with the breakdown of a lot of protein for energy.
However, on Wai Warrior more so than on on Wai regular, it is key to include only nutrient dense foods, and as little anti-nutrients as possible, to optimize digestion in that short eating window.
So, no anti-nutrients for me.
Alternatively, you may try slow cooking (about 70 degrees C) the whites, to find out what the effects are in you.
Gavriel

Post by Gavriel »

Gavriel wrote: Sun 05 Feb 2017 04:25 1) pieces of Salmon (with the skin) fully marinated in lemon and lime juice.
It also might be its just because you have aged a bit since...
Well, at least that is true for me, so i may be projecting here.
I can eat A LOT of raw salmon now, without breaking out.
At night, before bedtime, i love to indulge on it.
I can eat 500 grams in one meal now.
What I meant is that I can nowadays eat much more marinated salmon than untreated salmon. So it would be easier for me to "overeat" salmon when it is marinated in order to follow the Wai Warrior regime. It also is easier for me to combine the marinated salmon with other foods than untreated salmon - making it easier to consume everything needed within a shorter time window.
"Old" salads vs. new
Yes, in as much as overripe fruits are better than 'normal'fruits.
Fruits also contain many anti-nutrients, but the levels go down as fruit ripens / becomes overripe
The salad is normal when I cut it - not overripe.
But I let it sit on the table for half a day. The juice comes out and the tastes mix up. Also in this case, I made the experience that I can eat more of such an salad (one that "aged" for half a day on the table after I prepared it) than a freshly cut salad. For the Wai Warrior maybe a blessing?
Versapers!
Juice extractor / slow juicer.
Its a blessing...
I will definitely get one. But I am a traveling musician, and must have an alternative when on tour :/
No, not strange at all. A complete set of nutrients.
For the Wai Warrior, is it true that honey digests more slowly than sugar? Is that a problem?
Generally honey gets me confused; on one hand it's enzymes supposedly help digestion of the food it accompanies, on the other hand it is a "heavy" form of sugar. I find it difficult know what's right to do.
My assumption is that in the case of Orange Juice, which digests perfectly also without extra sugar, using sugar is preferable to honey. But in the case of Meat or (just for sake of example) vegetable juices (which I don't consume) honey is better than sugar as it helps digesting the food it accompanies.
My banga banga mix
Thats the only one i dont fancy; too much fiber for me; i dont like the full belly so much.
I prefer more energy dense, less fiber.
Does Avocado/cucumber/tomato/olive have much fiber? It does not feel full when I eat it – I would say more rich and heavy than full.
I would love to add honey to it, but that I guess would stop the autophage process, right?
That's fascinating. I thought once interrupted by easy calories, autophage takes a while to resume. In other words, it is not only driven by strictly caloric restriction but also a state the body "tunes into"?
:)
Actually, you need a lot more protein on Wai Warrior than on Wai regular.
All the fasting also comes with the breakdown of a lot of protein for energy.
However, on Wai Warrior more so than on on Wai regular, it is key to include only nutrient dense foods, and as little anti-nutrients as possible, to optimize digestion in that short eating window.
So, no anti-nutrients for me.
Alternatively, you may try slow cooking (about 70 degrees C) the whites, to find out what the effects are in you.
This brings me to another question:
Why are you against a high protein version of the wai warrior diet? I know the sample diet answer to this question.
But suppose you have no bad reaction to excess protein and can intake more protein than the body will need for building purposes, wouldn't a high protein low carb meal provide nutrient-denser food? This is the reason I am excited about my marinated salmon - I can eat so much of it - so easily. It does not feel heavy at all and I get the lemon juice together with it.

Sorry for the super long posts. Very curious!
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

RRM wrote: Sun 05 Feb 2017 20:12 I can eat 500 grams in one meal now.
if you would be on a wai regular diet again, maybe now you could tolerate more animal food than in the past? before wai worrior you were eating 250 g/animal food, right?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote: Mon 06 Feb 2017 11:46 if you would be on a wai regular diet again, maybe now you could tolerate more animal food than in the past? before wai worrior you were eating 250 g/animal food, right?
My tolerance to protein increased before i started Wai Warrior.
Initially, i could only tolerate 100 grams of animal food per day.
That gradually increased to 135 grams / day.
A few years prior to Wai Warrior, that had increased to 250 g/day.
On WW, it continued to increase, eventually resulting in the 500 / day.
So, yes, it will we be the same on Wai regular.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Gavriel wrote: Sun 05 Feb 2017 23:50 What I meant is that I can nowadays eat much more marinated salmon than untreated salmon.
Ok. Yes, indeed marinated is more pre-digested than raw salmon.
The more optimal digestion is, the more tolerance for protein.
That because its particularly peptides that may last longer in the blood than free amino acids.
The salad is normal when I cut it - not overripe.
But I let it sit on the table for half a day.
Yes, also natural decomposition (pre-digestion)
A blessing for WW indeed.
But I am a traveling musician, and must have an alternative when on tour :/
What about becoming a diva, demanding a Versapers wherever you go? ;D
Or maybe you can strike a deal with the manufacturer, that you can lend a juicer from any local distributor, and that you will promote their product in return?
For the Wai Warrior, is it true that honey digests more slowly than sugar? Is that a problem?
No, both are sugars, readily digested, particularly in comparison to any whole food.
But yes, the sucrose in sugar (and fruit juices in general) is more readily absorbed than the free glucose and fructose in honey (73% in total vs 2% sucrose; a 63.5:1 ratio), due to the presence of a specialized sucrose transport system. However, fruits also contain substantial amounts of free glucose and free fructose, just not as much as honey (In orange, it may be 1.4:1 and in banana 0.7:1, in mango 0.4:1, in avocado 3:1)
Generally honey gets me confused; on one hand it's enzymes supposedly help digestion of the food it accompanies
The invertase in honey actually have already digested the sucrose into glucose and fructose, which does not aid, but inhibit digestion.
in the case of Meat or (just for sake of example) vegetable juices (which I don't consume) honey is better than sugar as it helps digesting the food it accompanies.
The main enzymes in honey are carbohydrate converting enzymes, which have a role in the production of nectar.
The amylase may be helpful when consuming bananas (starch), but the amylase in your saliva has a much greater influence.
There is only a minute amount of protein-decomposing enzymes (proteases) in honey.
Does Avocado/cucumber/tomato/olive have much fiber? It does not feel full when I eat it – I would say more rich and heavy than full.
Not much, but more fiber relative to nutrients than fruit juices contain.
That's fascinating. I thought once interrupted by easy calories, autophage takes a while to resume. In other words, it is not only driven by strictly caloric restriction but also a state the body "tunes into"?
Autophagy is not activated by a general on/off switch.
It is very much a local process. When you exercise, you evoke autophagy locally due to a relative lack of energy in the used muscles.
When you fast, the autophagy is more widespread, and consuming a little honey cannot stop the autophagy in all cells where it is ongoing.
As soon as the energy from the honey is used up, there will be a lack of energy again, and thus autophagy.
:)Why are you against a high protein version of the wai warrior diet?
I did not know that i was.
For me, i need a good balance between juices and animal foods to feel optimally.
When i mainly eat animal food, i crave juices.
When i only drink juices, i crave animal foods.
What balance you need, is individually different, mainly depending on the level of physical activity.
But suppose you have no bad reaction to excess protein and can intake more protein than the body will need for building purposes, wouldn't a high protein low carb meal provide nutrient-denser food? This is the reason I am excited about my marinated salmon - I can eat so much of it - so easily. It does not feel heavy at all and I get the lemon juice together with it.
Nutrient-denser?
That depends on which nutrients you are talking about. most nutrients, yes.
On this diet, however, we dont need any extra vitamins or minerals.
Yes, protein and fatty acids are more abundant in animal foods, but sugars, for example, are not.
If you are physically very active, you need more sugars and protein, and if not phsyically active, you need relatively more fats.
Sorry for the super long posts. Very curious!
Curious is good! :)
chris75001

Post by chris75001 »

It's exactly the same for me, the day my body just wants the juices and the evening from 7pm my body claims protein from egg yolks and fish. A real complaint.

When I'm on normal wai I stay at 5 egg yolks which is perfect, when I crave a lot of raw and yellow fish protein I do the Wai Warrior version until 7pm which allows me to I deliver on 200-300 grams of fish, the next day I will only drink juice and then I resume the rhythm of normal wai + 5 yellow

You inspired me Gavriel, I tried the marinated raw tuna (the juice of a lime + 1 lemon + olive oil on tuna steak) I leave marinated 2-3 hours then I eat with in A 4-5 egg yolk bowl as a dip is absolutely delicious ... One day when I would be older I could make great raw fish meal every night ... Incredibly good

Friday I make the same version replacing the tuna by salmon ;)