Updates, anyone?

If you want to get rid of overweight
CurlyGirl
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Updates, anyone?

Post by CurlyGirl »

This seems to be one of the lonelier, more neglected boards. Anyone out there who is also trying to lose weight on Wai's diet? I am on the diet more for cellulite (though I don't have much) and weight loss (I am 5'8", 155lb and would like to be closer to 135lb) than for acne. I lost 3kg (almost 7lb) on this diet in the first week, realised that that was too much, then I made some adjustments and the rate of loss has slowed down. But I feel fantastic on this diet! I live in a cold part of Scotland and yet I have no troubles keeping warm. You can see my daily intake on the 'How strict are we? - monthly survey' thread of the General Discussion.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

In the beginning I lost almost 5 kg really quickly. Then things stabilized and I haven't lost anymore since. It was pretty fast though... Well I guess compared to other diets 5 kg over 2 months is not too fast.
How fast did you lose weight?
Could it be possible that you've reached your set-point weight and just wish you were thinner?
I haven't referenced what you eat but i would recommend following the strict (acne) diet for a few weeks and see if you lose weight that way.
Keep us posted!
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Thanks for your post, Corinne.

I am staying pretty stable at 155lb (69kg) now, though every so often (i.e. about every ten days) the scale says I've gone down 0.25kg or so. So, you may be right - I am already pretty slender (not 'thin', but my body is compact and the weight is well-distributed), so perhaps my body is happy at this weight and I should just relax! Anyway, I realise that it is not up to me to decide what my body's setpoint is (provided I am feeding it correctly) - that is something only the wisdom of my body understands.

I am considering going back to the 100% strict sample diet - I don't eat that much munch-food anyway, so it wouldn't be difficult. I am past the 'addictive' stage by now. Maybe it would help confirm to me that this weight is right for me. Thanks for your recommendations.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Hi Curly and Corinne,

I am doing the wai diet - it seems - for all reasons...I have struggled and I am still struggling a little with bulimia, and the diet helps but the psychological patterns are still there to break...however results are also showing in my skin - my bad skin has never seen so much improvement so that's awesome! I can´t figure out the weight thing. It seems I may have overdozed the olive oil (is that possible??) and also I am still having binges on munch foods - however I don´t keep that down, but maybe my body then interprets this action as a crisis and it will then save all the energy as fat as much as possible or how is that - ?? I just feel like I am gaining a little, and that was not the idea! I hope my set point weight is lower than my current weigth at around 120lbs. / 58 kgs...I'd like to be closer to 53 kgs! If you have any good tips - Im open! I find that I will only have a binge if I have munch foods so it seems I should eliminate them all together, because I really need to get my health back...love* :)
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Hi Ami,

So long as you are consuming only fruits and egg yolks/sashimi, you won't absorb any appetite-stimulants. Maybe you could stick to the strict sample diet for a few weeks, to see if you can break the physiological and psychological patterns of ingesting opioid peptides and then bingeing on munch foods. You will certainly gain weight if you binge on munch food and don't do enough walking to compensate - I am not suggesting that you become an exercise-freak, that is not the solution at all. Rather, try to help your body re-learn what it feels like to eat small, frequent meals of fruit and fat, and you will feel so light and happy doing this, you will hardly see the need for munch food at all, and when you do munch, you'll either enjoy it so much that you are satisfied with just a little, or you'll instantly be able to tell that your body doesn't like these impure substances any more. Just give it time, be patient with yourself and don't beat yourself up about bingeing. That only sets up another cycle - this time based on guilt.

By the way, it is much easier to break free from bingeing if you consume more egg yolks. You could try, for example, having the following mini-meal four or five times per day:

1 banana, mashed with a fork in a bowl
Then stir in: 1 egg yolk, 1/2 tsp honey, 1 tbsp olive oil
ENJOY!

This meal is delicious and satisfying, and easily kills any cravings I have.
Then, for your other small meals during the day, you might have some fruit, like apple, pineapple, plum, etc, chopped up in a bowl with raisins and olive oil. Try it, and keep us posted please!
Ami

Post by Ami »

THANK YOU Curlygirl. I have not been on the forum for some time - I am sorry I did not reply sooner :) - your minimeal sounds great - I eat this exact meal once a day at least but you're right - I could have more yolks and meals like this...as it is I really don't need the munchies and I can already tell, that eating more yolks would do the trick...so I will try the next weeks to keep you posted on how it all goes. Right now I will go make on of these mini meals I think :)

I can tell that the very fats I have always been so afraid of is really sculpting my starved body into a healthy organism again...my brain seems to function better also - alot of this due to the yolks - I can tell so clearly what does what - it's amazing - I never knew that the connection we can have to our bodies can be so exact and clear!! Amazing stuff!

Thanks again :D
Ami
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

You're welcome, Ami, but I shouldn't take the credit because I was simply passing on Wai's advice!

I am so very glad to hear your good news and happy discoveries... the yolks really are a 'miracle' food (or as close as you can get to one). They have helped me tremendously. Please keep us posted as to how you are doing!
avalon

Post by avalon »

This is not to put the Wai diet down, because I really believe in it. For me, however, the weight was not coming off. I lost about 6 lbs in one month. And towards the end of the month, I wasn't losing anything. I know I'm not at my set-weight and have been very true except for some occasional chicken, tuna and cooked spinach...

So my update is I am on another 7 day juice fast and am down 6 lbs in 5 days. I may go longer than the 7 days, probably not, but if I do just one more fast after another month on Wai I should reach my goal weight next month.

I really miss the yolks! and have googled 'raw egg yolk' diets just to see what's out there :(
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Hi avalon,

I have done plenty of juice fasting in my time, and even some two-week water fasts (very hardcore)... The thing is, I don't think the body copes well without sufficient calories. This statement sounds simple, even banal, but people who try to fast for weight loss often miss this important fact. I know that the fasting books out there will tell you that fasting is a perfect way to lose weight, but honestly, consider what it really means to fast... You are going without fuel. (Besides, most of the great 'fasters' in history, like Jesus, Gandhi and Mohammed, fasted in order to gain spiritual enlightenment - not as a fast-track way to a supermodel body.) The human body (especially the heart, the muscles, the lungs AND most importantly the brain) needs a regular intake of calories daily to keep going. You cannot expect it to fuel itself by recycling 'redundant' tissue for days and weeks on end (which is what fasting requires of your body). I would think that fasting is an amazing way to give your body a 'break' from digesting when it's absolutely necessary, i.e. when you are ILL with a cold or a more serious disease (for example, there are many very sound healing diets for cancer patients that require them to fast for a short period in the beginning). In my opinion (and I don't think I'm alone here), fasting is NOT a good idea for weight loss, because a lot of that weight is fecal matter from the colon anyway, which returns once you recommence regular eating. Also, the body is superbly efficient at re-adjusting its metabolism to burn fewer calories if not enough are coming in. Just read Wai's section on losing overweight for more about all of this. Basically, avalon, I am saying that the slower the weight comes off, the better, and it does your body no good to be impatient (and I can sympathise here, for I too can get extremely impatient with my body at times). If you try to lose weight by drastically cutting calories, eventually there will be a backlash. It may not appear to you to be the case right now, but in my experience, this has happened EVERY time I went on a fast. Within a week or so after giving up the fast, I went into binge-mode, which made me realise that this behaviour was tantamount to having a full-blown eating disorder. I don't think it's a matter of 'not having willpower' - it is simply the case that your body requires fuel, and when it doesn't get it on a regular basis, it makes adjustments, and those adjustments can be EXTREMELY unfavourable to you if you wish to be 'thin'. Fasting is just not the way to go about it, I think. You are free to disagree, but I WISH someone had told me this several years ago before I got myself into a dangerous cycle from which I am only now emerging.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

CurlyGirl is right. If your body thinks there is a food shortage, it will cling on to the bodyfat, sending signals to eat more. You and your body then have opposite interests. In the end the body will win, because of our survival instinct. And then, after the fast/diet, when we start eating 'normal' again, we will eat more than necessary, making up for the lost weight plus extra in case there will be another 'food shortage'. Even the extreme cases of starving, anorexics, will often turn into bulimics for that reason.

Patience. :)
avalon

Post by avalon »

I understand your comments.

The first juice fast I did a month and a half ago, wasn't so much to lose the weight, but to detox. I'd been drinking too much and eating horrible processed foods for several years. It was the begining to eating well. I knew I'd lose weight but that wasn't the issue. I was very happy for the weight loss though. During that fast was when I found Wai.

And I do understand what can come of fasting, yet, for the first time in what seems like ages, I am in control. I have had bouts of Bulemia, but that ended (with an exception or two through out the years) when I discovered Atkins.

Some people on curezone are doing 30-60 days! I know there's extreme, but when I weighed myself a month and a half or so ago, something screamed ENOUGH! I hadn't weighed in in a long time but had no clue that I was now 35 pounds overweight. I'm not looking to be a supermodel (555-something :)) but I knew if I didn't do something that would snap me off the path I was on, well, it wasn't good. And I'm not going into the whole Parental/Family /Fat dynamic/therapy thing...which is a biggy.

day 1. Apple celery juice
2. Pinapple
3. Lemon water
4. Carrot
5. Beet
6. Greens
7. water

Today is beet juice. At the end of my first juice fast I skipped the water day and started bringing food back in...It was one of the most basic juice fasts I'd learned of online. I've never felt hungry on it either.

I'm looking forward to finishing the fast and rejoining the food 'group'. I don't plan on over-compensating, and I fully comprehend that at any other time in my life, I mightn't have had this self control to not binge post-fast.

I will be 50 in December and I plan to be a SuperModel!

DOHHH!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

How are you planning to eat after the fast? 100% strict Wai? If you could do that, figure out a balanced diet, and take a long walk every day, then your weight should go down pretty quickly.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hi I don't think 100%. Not sure. I'm SAD to say I may bring the chicken back or tuna(one time/day) ...out of cost and ease. And I really want to try and make some homemade mayo.

here's a neat link about the juice fasting though...

http://www.healthrecipes.com/juice_fasting.htm

best to all

Avalon
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

With proteinous munchfoods it's going to be much more difficult. The HCA's will enhance your appetite, and slow down your bowels. If you could substitute it with a low/non-protein munchfood, that would help you a lot.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hi Oscar, can you give a one or two examples. I'm not big on sweets...would my sauted spinach with garlic be better?

thanx