Timing eating to loose weight

If you want to get rid of overweight
Corinne
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Timing eating to loose weight

Post by Corinne »

Slea,
Well I don't eat much munch food anymore, just don't like how I feel afterwards. If I do it's a piece (20g) of dark bitter (85% cocoa) chocolate. I used to crave this, now it's a real (occasional) treat!
I have to say I eat no starches and no dairy whatsoever. What's in the coconut milk you drink? Is it straight from the nut? If not it's probably been pasturized and has stuff added to it...Also honey might not help you loose weight. I find a ripe mushed banana, a pear, a Kiwi, olive oil and an egg yolk is sweet enough. This is actually my breakfast and lasts me 3 hrs.
Hi Sunpungi...10 bananas :)
"You cannot do something you don't know IF you keep on doing what you know"
F.M. Alexander
sunpungi

Post by sunpungi »

thanks corine and slea
yeah, now I will never eat 10 bananas a day.
my munch is either "almond joy" or " mounds" chocolate bar. I thought that it will be a little better than the other typical chocolate since it has less than 2% partially hydrogenated oil as indicated in its ingredient. :D
and I like cococut. :D
I read my coconut milk can and it said to contain only coconut milk, guar gum. it is from this company(thai kitchen).
I am cutting down my total calories and coconut chocolate bar now. especially after thanksgiving I will more watch what I will eat.. :confused:
Good luck for all of you. talk to you later.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

The issue is being 'in contact' with your energy needs. If you listen, you will never store bodyfat, and you will never lack energy.

The good thing is that your body will always tell you when your blood-energy level has gone down, and you need some additional energy.
The bad thing is that we have never learned to listen to it, because our appetite has always been triggered by opioid peptides, beta-carbolines, glutamate etc.

So, maybe Oscar is right, and we all should first go on the 100% strict version of the diet to learn about these signals from our body...
Being on the strict version, I find it very easy to listen to my energy needs; it has become so normal and essential to normal functioning.
spring

Post by spring »

slea, I am like you. I am short - only 5 feet tall or 150 cm in height and have been battling overweight for a while. Even though I follow Wai's diet as much as I can most of the time I find that the munchfood gets too me - I am highly vulnerable to munchfood triggering an overeating episode.

It's been a case of staying disciplined and seeing good results - then relaxing the discipline and slowly backsliding again.

I have to be really careful with munchfoods because I am highly addicted to them and when I nibble on munchfood, I obsess about it all day until I eat more of it - and then wham - I've overeaten again.

Being small also means the extra weight is more noticeable too than if I were tall.

I have a question: do all people of the same gender have more or less the same level of appetite? (That is does the same quantity of food satiate both a tall person and a short person of the same gender?) And if they do, is that why some short people can get fat more easily than tall people, given that with the same appetite, both a tall person and a short person tend to eat the same amount of food (for example at 55kg, a tall woman would definitely not be overweight)? Probably not very scientific but I have noticed many tall people are slender if not 'lanky' in build, and many of them here on this board, worry about not gaining enough weight.

I was 64kg at the nadir of my weight gain, about 18 months ago. I was eating much fruit as I was trying to follow Wai's diet of sorts, but I was pretty lax about munchfood. I decided to eat whatever took my fancy as munchfood was meant to be delicious and I ate all sorts of things: seafood pasta, bread and peanut butter and jam, and rice puddings (which I got fairly addicted to, must have been the dairy). Slowly the portions got bigger and I was having second helpings which meant that I was eating well above the 15 gram munchfood limit. I was eating all the things in Wai's diet (the 1.5 kg of fruit, egg yolks, avocado) AND a big munchfood meal that had probably 100 grams of protein in it. So my weight shot up from mid-50's (kg) t0 64kg.

I felt awful and looked awful.

I took a break from my stressful job and concentrated on following Wai's diet. I walked for 1 hour a day on a treadmill, and stuck pretty closely to Wai's diet, allowing myself only a potato for munchfood. Strangely enough I didn't feel too deprived after a short while and my appetite went pretty low - I even had to remind myself to eat my bowl of fruit for that day.

Slowly the weight dropped off, down to late 50's (kg) and then I moved to Korea.

I tried to follow Wai's diet there too but the ramen got to me. I would eat a bowl of ramen as munchfood but I found one bowl wasn't enough and would cook up another packet of ramen and just drink the soup, not eat the noodles. I was feeling yucky after this, I would be hyperventilating, bloated, dizzy, restless, sweating, hot in the face (the ramen in Korea I was having was the chili (kimchi) flavored kind), and sometimes I would experience a headache. Now in retrospect, I think it was the MSG doing all this because packet ramen is loaded with MSG. The chili didn't help either.

I got addicted to ramen without realizing it (initially) - as I would look forward to the evening munchfood snackbreak all day until I had my bowl (or two) of ramen even though it would render me useless and silly for the rest of the evening - I would lie down in a dizzy and disoriented state - at the same time - feeling really hyper - but not trying to do anything productive because of an inability to focus or concentrate on anything - so just lying down.

Slowly I caught on that the ramen was really bad for me - and not just because of the wheat starch in it (beta-carbolines, opioids etc).

I stopped having ramen and had kimbap rolls instead for munchfood (Korean style nori rolls with cooked vegetables, a little ham and omelette). Later, I found that this was not the best choice either as kim (or seaweed) has much glutamate in it and probably MSG (or other form of glutamate) is probably added to the ingredients of kimbap as well during processing. I found the kimbap quite addictive and felt compelled to eat two at a time (could not stop at one) - though I wasn't really hungry according to the fruit test. Also it goes without saying that the beta-carbolines in the cooked food played no small part in this.

I am resigned to the fact that I am very sensitive to the beta-carbolines (and MSG) in prepared foods making me overeat - and when I follow Wai's diet very strictly I do see very good results - I went down to 48kg sticking to the diet closely - but then I started to relax a bit and eat more munchfoods and now I am 52kg.

When I was down to 48 kg (even though I had a few more kilos to lose, my aim is 45 kg, as at 48kg I still had much flab here and there particularly around my stomach), I felt so much better - I can't describe - just 'normal', not tired and feeling kind of old, carrying this excess weight with me everywhere - puffy, bloated, indisposed to physical activity, clouded in my thinking, not sharp, 'clean' and sprightly like I felt when at 58kg.

So, I do empathize with what you're going through because I am very sensitive to the addictive substances in munchfood, I am having trouble losing the last five kilos or so, and have a tendency to put weight around my tummy.

But I am back on the diet again strictly. I am eating salmon sashimi (self-made) everyday and lots of fruit and little munchfood (I could be stricter but I've made a step a few days ago by not eating any meat - too much protein per serving).

Oh, I and I eat much dried fruit when I feel hungry between meals and they really help me forget about wanting to eat 'bad' munchfoods.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Originally posted by spring:
do all people of the same gender have more or less the same level of appetite? (That is does the same quantity of food satiate both a tall person and a short person of the same gender?)
Absolutely not.
What makes it complex, is that hunger and satisfaction are influenced by different factors:
- energy level
- appetite-stimulators (incl. hormones)
- dietary habits

Especially the normal size of your meals will determine how much you need for satiation; if you eat only 3 meals a day, or if you eat a big meal very regularly, you will need a big meal for satiation.
Im a good example. I used to eat very big meals, while now my max is way below avarage.
And if they do, is that why some short people can get fat more easily than tall people
I dont know whether this is true.
I have noticed many tall people are slender if not 'lanky' in build, and many of them here on this board, worry about not gaining enough weight.
Well, it seems logical to me that small people would not like to get wider (even if that is all muscles), because it will not at all improve their height/width ratio. The opposite is true for equally thin/big taller people.
Strangely enough I didn't feel too deprived after a short while and my appetite went pretty low - I even had to remind myself to eat my bowl of fruit for that day.
That's the whole idea; not to deprive yourself, so that you can slide back to your setpoint weight naturally.

Thank you for your post, Spring :cool: