Buffalo Steak Tartare

All recipes other than 100% Wai can be posted here.
avalon
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Buffalo Steak Tartare

Post by avalon »

This isn't my recipe, but I've tried it and it's really Good. Instead of putting the yolks in however, I top off each portion with a fresh yolk- and I only make a day or two's worth since I don't have a vacuum sealer:

STEAK TARTARE - 8 MEALS FOR 4 DAYS

Meat 500g ground grass fed bison
Egg yolk 6
Brazil Nuts 150g ground
Flaxseed 6T ground
Sweet onions 300g chopped
Salt 1t
Coriander 1t
Garlic 2g
Vitamin D - content of 6 capsules
Wine 1/2 cup
Mustard 1T

Mix all above in mixer and pack each meal
in vacuum pack

Plus I haven't added the wine or Brazil nuts yet, but will try it.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

u eat this raw?

8)
avalon

Post by avalon »

I do and it's delicious :D
avalon

Post by avalon »

My local supermarket sells Maverick Buffalo, said to be hormone anti-biotic free and grass fed.

The above recipe is actually by Hans Dehmelt who won the Nobel prize in physics. I didn't realize it at the time I posted.
avalon

Post by avalon »

I'm having a Salmon Tartare today. Which I will top with a yolk. I'm salivating as I write this.

One of the reasons I like the Tartare idea, is that it's prepared in advance so I just grab my 4oz container from the fridge, top it with a yolk and eat. No slicing, dicing, mixing required. The Buffalo lasts four days, in four separate containers. I know it's not much of a difference than just slicing some fish- I guess it's just a nice change of my normal approach to sashimi.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

i'm impressed. Looks very tasty 8)
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

I tried steak tartare yesterday, although in a restaurant, not homemade. I really liked it, after about 15 minutes of being not so sure. I still like fish better, though. I just wanted the experience. I'll have to make some fish tartare, since I still eat salt, onions, and garlic! Do you have a recipe for your salmon tartare, Avalon?
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hey dadasarah!
If you haven't tried this Buffalo tartar yet, I recommend it! Even if you have to tweak it.

I tried making a Salmon tartar using above ideas, and it wasn't bad, but... not the same. Sadly I feel it needs cream cheese or SOMETHING I haven't tried. I added garlic, onions, corriander, mustard and chopped brazil nuts. I really like the brazil nuts in the Buffalo tartar! They give a crunchy-ness that is needed in a raw meat dish. I topped the Salmon with a yolk and a dash of soy :shock:

If you come up with a good fish tartar please share!

:D