Carrot Pulp & Lemon Juice

All recipes other than 100% Wai can be posted here.
Brazilnuts
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Carrot Pulp & Lemon Juice

Post by Brazilnuts »

Absolutely delicious, as a sort of dry snack you eat with a spoon, in a normal plate, like a normal pre-Wai diet meal.

To make it, use a juice extractor to get the liquid out of the carrot. Then scrape off all the dry-looking carrot pulp and put them on a plate. Sprinkle some lemon juice over it (depending on your taste).

Then tuck in.

:P

Alternatively, you can add some oil to the mixture, and/or some diced Brazil nuts.

I kid you not, this stuff tastes GREAT!

Background story: I found this recipe by accident, when I tried to use lemon juice to prevent the carrot pulp from going brown so I could think of what to do with the pulp, as I did not want to throw it away. I decided to taste the mixture, and my oh my, I was hooked.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Wow, thats a funny way to find a new treat :D
I just sprinkled some lemon juice over grated carrots (with some sugar and a few drops of oil). It tasted great indeed.
Brazilnuts

Post by Brazilnuts »

RRM wrote:Wow, thats a funny way to find a new treat :D
I just sprinkled some lemon juice over grated carrots (with some sugar and a few drops of oil). It tasted great indeed.
Glad to hear it :-)
fictor

Post by fictor »

Grated carrot with raisins, olive oil and lemon juice is a classic! :)

Try also to use figs or other dried fruits instead of raisins, and one twist is to add grated apple in addition to the carrot. Mmmm... :)