low protein cheese

All recipes other than 100% Wai can be posted here.
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

low protein cheese

Post by Mr. PC »

found what appears to be low-protein cheese, possibly a good munch-food substitute for normal cheese.

http://www.generaldietary.com/products/cheeses.html

what do you think?
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

from the sites ingredients list for the cheddar variety...
Ingredients: Water, corn starch*, partially hydrogenated soybean oil*, whey, salt, casein and/or caseinate, sodium phosphate, lactic acid, sorbic acid, carrageenan gum, artificial flavour and colour.
*Produced from genetically modified maize and soya.
are you down with GMO soy? or even soy in general?

i wouldn't touch it but, i also don't eat munch food. i'm just saying though, i would think regular cheese would be less harmful than that stuff.
"the purpose is not to disengage from the physical universe. the purpose is to manifest the essence of what you are so completely that you are an aspect of the creation of the physical universe."
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

If you must have cheese, there are 'real cheese' alternatives:
Gormas Ballarini contains only 1% protein
Mascarpone Polenghi contains 3% protein.
(Those 'cheeses' you linked to contain 3.5% protein)
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Well actually I've had no cheese to the past week now, so maybe this will be a non-issue.

I remember reading about those cheeses on the wai-site and looking them up. They look like cream-cheeses; is that correct?

Do they taste anything like cheddar/mozzarella?

I'd like to quit cheese and maybe I already have. But if not it would be nice to have something like that to segue my way out of the cheese addiction.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote: They look like cream-cheeses; is that correct?
Correct
Do they taste anything like cheddar/mozzarella?
Between butter and mozzarella.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Thanks everyone (btw, is it Kosher to make a dedicated thankyou post here? I really haven't thanked anyone who's been replying to my threads since I started on this board. Some forums get mad and consider 'thankyou's to be spam. Its probly not a big deal; people on the internet are just nuts. Including me) :shock:

Anyways, off topic, is Soy worse or not as bad (for general health) as milk? I have a friend who drinks Soy milk and I told him about Phyto-estrogen etc. but I said it's probly not as bad as actually milk. I recommended Almond or Rice milk but those aren't very available. Also it's just a curiosity; I have a hard time putting into perspective 'how bad' things are in relation, I'm pretty much 'fruit-good, everything-else-bad', and when I come into a situation where I have to choose evils I can't.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

You are welcome, Mr PC. :)
is Soy worse or not as bad (for general health) as milk?
Soy milk is a little less bad than normal milk, because, yes, like milk it contain hormones,
but it contains much less calcium.
I have a hard time putting into perspective 'how bad' things are in relation, I'm pretty much 'fruit-good, everything-else-bad', and when I come into a situation where I have to choose evils I can't.
Yes, i understand; there are so many factors at play.
Thats the easy thing about 100% strict; you dont have to worry about that then! ;D