'Waldorf' Supreme Salad

All recipes other than 100% Wai can be posted here.
CurlyGirl
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

'Waldorf' Supreme Salad

Post by CurlyGirl »

PLEASE NOTE: This is a munchfood recipe (because of the carrot and spices, and also the fact that the nuts in here are not brazils)

1/4 pineapple
1/2 apple
1 grated carrot
handful raisins (I use organic)
handful each of hand-shelled filberts (hazelnuts) and almonds
olive oil
sprinkle of mixed spice (cinnamon, ginger, ground cardamom, ground cloves)

Chop the pineapple and the apple into small pieces, mix with the grated carrot and raisins, sprinkle over the nuts and the mixed spice, then drizzle everything with olive oil and eat. DELICIOUS! Cleans your insides like a little roto-rooter... hehehe

Love CurlyGirl
avalon

Waldorf Salad

Post by avalon »

Sounds Great!

Just in case anyone wants to make homemade Mayonnaise for their Waldorf Salad, here's a nice simple link to the recipe. I haven't tried it yet, but I will and have always wanted to try and make it at home.

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/article.php?id=43

Regards,

Avalon
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Haha, I was just coming on to post my own Waldorf Salad! A lot of coincidences like that lately.:lol: But the one I created is not a munch-food so I'll just post my own variation that works even with the Sample Diet:

"Waidorf" Salad;)
1 Granny Smith Apple (or whatever kind you favor)
1/2 Cup Red Grapes
1 oz Raw Brazil Nuts (or Raw Walnuts), roughly chopped
1/2 Cup soaked/softened Raisins
1/2 of an Avocado, cubed
2 T Lemon Juice
2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I will be trying EV Avocado Oil in it when I recieve it, too)

I plugged it into my "Self Diet Club" calculator, and it gave me these specifics: 962 Calories, 113g Carbs, 60g Fat, 9g Protein
(58g Fat and 12g Protein if you use Walnuts instead of Brazil nuts)

You can, of course, make your own variations - it's a little heavier on the fat than the 2:1 ratio, but I feel better on a little more fat, so I add it in wherever I can :wink:

This is perfect for bringing to work, because I could just eat it all day and it provides you with about 1/2 the calories I need for a day.

Enjoy! :)

~Amber
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Sweet! I just took a look at the mayo you referenced, avalon, and it's not a munch food! That's awesome. I'm going to try that in my salad soon :D
Thanks!
Amber
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Except for the salt, I mean - but you can just exclude that or use a very very small amount I suppose.
~Amber
avalon

Home-made mayo

Post by avalon »

Whoever makes it first or had made it already... DO TELL!!!

Maybe later today, if i can break myself away from the 'old acne forum' I'll get to makin the mayo. I've been reading and learning and there''s soooo much.

Best to all,

Avalon
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

I tried making the mayo. 8)

I valiantly made three attempts to make it with a whisk, whisking the yolks first, then pouring the oil in one drop at a time, but a) I could not get one drop of oil in at a time, and b) the rare occasion I did manage it, it didn't emulsify properly. :x

So I cheated and put 2 egg yolks in a cylindrical jug, with 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, and lots of olive oil, and attacked it with a stick blender. In less than 5 seconds, I had instant mayo :D

It looked fantastic. It tasted nice but it was a bit too lemony so next time I only used a little bit and that one wasn't lemony enough. It was tasteless. So then I made one with an average amount of lemon and a pinch of sea salt :twisted: and that one was gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But of course I couldn't eat it, because I'm a good girl I am, only had a few spoonfuls, that's all, and only licked the bowl after because there are people starving in Africa, really, so I gave it to my mum with a salmon salad for Mother's Day. And then we watched Carry On Cleo.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Really NEAT!

I have a stick blender and wondered if that would work. I found another link where someone attached the whisk to a drill :)

http://www.afn.org/~poultry/recipes/mayo.htm

I'm in the middle of a juice fast, but can't wait to try it with the hand blender.

Avalon