working out and fruits

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
kylecortez
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

working out and fruits

Post by kylecortez »

When I workout, I always get fat. I always consume too much carbohydrates when I workout. Wai herself said it in a few posts that something like weight lifting accelerates your carbohydrate needs immensley. I know from physiology that you run through alot of glycogen, you need to replace it, not to mention you hold more of it when you gain muscle. My carbs are usually from grains... bad i know.

Its hard enough right now to transition to fruits being my sole carbohydrate source. It is very difficult for me to do this and ive relapsed dozens of times. I imagine it might be necessary now for me to give up weight training to make it easier for me to switch over. If i keep up this muscle thing up, I am just going to need to eat alot more carbs, and i dont have a feeling eating only fruits will satisfy the kind of carb appetite that comes with weight training. I just want to eat fruits when it is only necessary (when my brain needs them) and not because my muscles want them.

Id appreciate a reply from you RRM. Im in alot of pain right now like mentally from whether to just let the weight training go and just focus on transitioning to the diet. Not to mention, I want to shake this overweight already. Thanks
-kyle
nick

Post by nick »

Its hard enough right now to transition to fruits being my sole carbohydrate source. It is very difficult for me to do this and ive relapsed dozens of times.

What exactly is the problem? Not satisfying? I had the same problem, I thought the reason I was running low was the fruits, but I got better to listening to my body. Also, I find that if I'm tired or feeling low, I do an activity that involves using my body (muscles), something light and energetic. This gets my energy and mood up.

I imagine it might be necessary now for me to give up weight training to make it easier for me to switch over. If i keep up this muscle thing up, I am just going to need to eat alot more carbs, and i dont have a feeling eating only fruits will satisfy the kind of carb appetite that comes with weight training.

I know that may be hard to give up, but if you are intent on following this diet to lose wieght and gain muscle maybe it would be best. Don't forget, this diet is challenging as you have learned. But you get better at it, right? Taking a break from lifting and learning to follow and sustain this diet is the best thing you can do.

I just want to eat fruits when it is only necessary (when my brain needs them) and not because my muscles want them.

Your muscles need the sugar! If you don't give them the energy, your body will break them down for energy. Experiment with your sugar to fat ratio, do light activities to get your mood up. After 5 months on this diet, I can say it is worth the effort. You'll learn to maximise your pleasure to discomfort ratio.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You might also still be addicted to non-diet foods, which makes your body crave for different things than fruit.
RRM
Administrator

Re: working out and fruits

Post by RRM »

kylecortez wrote:When I workout, I always get fat. I always consume too much carbohydrates when I workout. Wai herself said it in a few posts that something like weight lifting accelerates your carbohydrate needs immensley. I know from physiology that you run through alot of glycogen, you need to replace it, not to mention you hold more of it when you gain muscle. My carbs are usually from grains... bad i know.
The bad thing about the grains is that you need to 'bulk up' on them beforehand, because it takes so much digestion to extract the sugars.
This automatically means big meals, which means the storage of fat.
With simple, readily absorbed sugars you dont need to 'bulk up', so you dont store any fat.
With simple sugars, you simply take while exercising.
When I work out heavily, I drink lots of sugars (in OJ or water), to replenish the lost sugars constantly, which never results in fat deposition.

I imagine it might be necessary now for me to give up weight training to make it easier for me to switch over.
Not at all.
Just make sugar-water to take with you to the gym; cook water and poor this over the amount of sugar (in a bottle) that you need for your workout. Shake it thoroughly. Its best that its still a bit warm when you are at the gym drinking it. Do your exercisises and drink in between; you will feel your energy fading away and being replenished again.

Im in alot of pain right now like mentally from whether to just let the weight training go and just focus on transitioning to the diet.
There is no reason whatsoever; you can perfectly do both.
All you need to do, is monitor your energy needs closely.
sabie

Post by sabie »

Kylecortez, I work out all the time and though I have worked out less in the last two weeks I am withdrawing from carbs and and any big change has consequences. Yesterday I had the juice and that really helped my energy and today I will try the water. The bottom line is, what they say on this site is the truth but each of us is in a different condiiton so we have to tweak for ourselves. Goodluck!
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

RRM wrote:cook water and poor this over the amount of sugar (in a bottle) that you need for your workout. Shake it thoroughly. Its best that its still a bit warm when you are at the gym drinking it.
Why do you heat the sugar?

Melted sugar does not cause acne?

:)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dionysus wrote:Why do you heat the sugar?
The water is heated, so that the sugar is disolved better
Melted sugar does not cause acne?
The sugar doesnt 'melt'; it disolves in the water.
And no, that doesnt cause acne, at all. (there are no proteins or fats to form hard-to-digest compounds with)
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Of course. Bit of a silly question in retrospect. Thanks your time RRM. :)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Just wanted to respond to your first post about only wanted to eat sugar to meet your brain needs but not your bodies.

I don't think you could do that. I mean if I put you on a treadmill and walked you at 1 mph then said I'm going to increase the speed to 6 mph but dont breath any differently (more), you just couldn't do it.

What would you expect your muscles to run on without sugar?

maybe, I'm wrong and this analogy is bad, because there are many people who live on zero or low carb diets...
sungvimil

Post by sungvimil »

RRM wrote:
When I work out heavily, I drink lots of sugars (in OJ or water), to replenish the lost sugars constantly, which never results in fat deposition.
Since working out on this diet I feel with little energy, mainly because I always eat according to my body´s energy needs.

I love the idea of eating only when I need the energy because fat storage never occurs :D , but it seems that when I train in the morning I am short in energy.

It would be best to carb-load the day before or to increase my sugar intake around the workout?

For example, would 100 grams of sucrose (sugar in hot water) zipped before and during a 45 minute weight-lifting session be OK if my glycogen depots are relatively empty?
avo

Post by avo »

That's basically what I do. You can really feel the energy come back after taking a sip.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yeah, if you make sure your glycogen depots are full before going to bed, you only need to ingest a little to be fine. If not, fill up the depots (and blood sugar) before starting the workout.

During the workout you also need to replenish blood sugar.

If you correctly eat according to what your body needs, you will always have enough energy. Glycogen depots will be full and blood sugar max. If you lack energy, then you're not eating enough.
sungvimil

Post by sungvimil »

Oscar wrote:
If you correctly eat according to what your body needs, you will always have enough energy. Glycogen depots will be full and blood sugar max. If you lack energy, then you're not eating enough.
So probably I just need to eat more (i. e. add more sugar to the OJ). Then there wouldn´t be a need for carb-loading before a power lifting session done early in the morning.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yes. You will still need to ingest some energy in the morning, but probably not as much as you do now.