I need to gain weight!!!!

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
dionysus
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: I need to gain weight!!!!

Post by dionysus »

RRM wrote:
dionysus wrote:In your opinion RRM, is doing sit-ups the best way to remove the fat?
No.
The ONLY way to remove fat (through exercise) is by reducing your overall fat deposits, hoping that your target area will slim down too.
Thats is because you cannot tell the body where it needs to take away spare fat. You can only make your body hold less fat in general.
No exercise in the world can make the fat go away from a specific place; thats determined by your 'genetics'; where the fat will go away first, and where it will sit the longest. nothing can change that.

So that if you want to loose fat on your belly, you cannot do anything else than decreasing your overal fat deposits and hoping that your belly will not be the last in line.

Of course you can do exercises that increase abdominal muscle strength, but that will only increase it size, and the fat will stay, so that only the overall volume of your belly will increase. It will NOT target fat loss from your belly.
How do you reduce your overall fat deposits?

I understand how i gain fat through having too much sugar than my body requires at a particular moment, but how do i reduce fat without losing muscle mass? (I'm off to check the Waisays website)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
avo

Post by avo »

Walking, if I remeber correctly.
ketodog

Post by ketodog »

dionysus wrote:
How do you reduce your overall fat deposits?
By creating a calorie deficit.
how do i reduce fat without losing muscle mass?
Research shows that resistance training helps to reduce muscle loss while cutting calories. But it´s up to you how far (ripped) you want to go. The advantage of the Wai diet is that you can be pretty ripped while not experiencing hunger. Now if you want to be ridiculously (Bruce Lee) slim, that´s another story.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

dionysus wrote:How do you reduce your overall fat deposits?
Energy management and fat intake.
Make sure your body gets the amount of energy it needs, when it needs it (frequently replenishing blood sugar), and not more or less. By ingesting enough fats the body will "know" it can use the bodyfat as fat energy because there isn't a fat shortage.

High intensity level exercises do not help, because they need more sugar energy, so if you want to do any exercise, try low intensity ones, like walking.

Everyone who adheres to the diet will eventually reach his/her ideal weight, even without exercise at all.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Oscar wrote:By ingesting enough fats the body will "know" it can use the bodyfat as fat energy because there isn't a fat shortage.
Thats pretty clever. :)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
twinee1

Post by twinee1 »

Oscar wrote:Everyone who adheres to the diet will eventually reach his/her ideal weight, even without exercise at all.

This is what I am hoping to see SOON. I have been following the diet a month, 2 weeks strict...no changes yet.

I have been struggling with the 4-5 pds that I gain every winter for years and years....I cannot get my body to stay at my "summer weight" which is where I feel and look the best.... :roll:
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

that may never change... Your body wants more fat in the winter.
twinee1

Post by twinee1 »

johndela1 wrote:that may never change... Your body wants more fat in the winter.
Awhhhh, come one, don't tell a girl that ! :lol: I will have to move south. My identical stays the same year round !!
avalon

Post by avalon »

Oscar wrote:
By ingesting enough fats the body will "know" it can use the bodyfat as fat energy because there isn't a fat shortage.
What? As far as I know, as long as you are taking in carbohydrates, your body will burn carbs over fat for fuel. How will it 'know' to burn your body fat?

I found that I could not eat the large quantity of fruit suggested by Wai and lose weight. I didn't gain weight. But only when I reduced the fruit intake did I lose weight. And I lost 40lbs by this method. Of course we are all different and burn foods accordingly.

Best wishes,
Avalon :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

twinee1 wrote:This is what I am hoping to see SOON. I have been following the diet a month, 2 weeks strict...no changes yet.
You have to be patient. It will happen, but not fast. Fast changes usually don't last long, but slow ones will. ;)
avalon wrote:What? As far as I know, as long as you are taking in carbohydrates, your body will burn carbs over fat for fuel.
Nope. The body needs both carbs (sugars) and fats for energy. As such, everyone "burns" fat every day. The amount of fat which is used doesn't change too much, but the amount of sugar needed highly depends on the level of activity.

To illustrate:
Same person, different activity levels.

Low activity:
Fats: 100 (arbitrary number)
Carbs: 200

High activity:
Fats: 100
Carbs: 400

So with low activity one uses relatively more fats, but not absolutely.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Aren't carbs the Body's prefered fuel? So even if what you saying is correct as I can imagine some fat being burned depending on energy requirements, wouldn't it still be slower going than reducing carbs to force the change over to burning fats say, blasphemy- ketosis?
avo

Post by avo »

Carbs are preferred by the body's muscles and brain. Some other organs prefer to use fat, if I am not mistaken.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The body doesn't have a preferred fuel, because it uses both carbs and fats. Only the ratio can differ. For instance internal organs tend to have a lower carb:fat ratio than muscles. Actually one could argue that for muscles fat(ty acids) are the preferred fuel, because they are always used, no matter what the degree of activity is.

Since it's a question of energy intake vs output, it doesn't matter whether energy comes from carbs or protein/fats (as in ketosis). If the amount of energy intake is greater than the output, one will gain (more) bodyfat.
avo

Post by avo »

Thanks for the clarification, Oscar.