Am skinny, want build muscle but water retention...

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
immortaltech1015
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Am skinny, want build muscle but water retention...

Post by immortaltech1015 »

hey, I have a question and i thought you guys could help. I'm really skinny and I want to gain some muscle, but every time I eat even a little protein I get water retention.I really need to gain muscle somehow because i'm like heroin skinny,so I was wondering if there was any possible way to build muscle with little or no protein?I also know that I have to eat enough so the little bit of muscle i do have dosn't turn into energy.I was thinking of creatine but im not sure if that causes any water retention or not.I would really appreciate your answer.

Thanks alot
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

To build muscle you need all the essential amino acids. Energy management is important too, like you mentioned, especially during training. How much weight you use is less important than making the muscle work hard (make it "burn"). Muscles need rest to recover and grow, so train different muscles on different days.

Others will have more to add...
Agent

Post by Agent »

I have a similar problem. Creatine does help during workouts but does not DIRECTLY build muscle. It temporarily causes water retention in muscles but not in the skin. Creatine Ethyl Ester does not cause this same water retention and is absorbed far better but is more expensive.

I sip orange juice with added sugar as well as water during workouts. On workout days I eat 5 egg yolks and up to 15g of munch protein. I increase water consumption to compensate for this. This approach has certainly been helping me gain some weight recently anyway. Of course reaching the target number of calories - probably between 2500 and 3000 - each day is important.

Note: Exercise and heavy water consumption should not be done after consuming egg yolks.
Agent

Post by Agent »

I should add that the 15g of cooked protein may cause you to break-out and is not allowed if you're on the Sample Diet :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, and that 15 g cooked protein is probably what causes the water retention. If you go all the way raw (sample diet) and the water retention goes away, then you can gradually increase the intake of raw protein to find out how well your skin can cope with that (probably much better).

If that wouldnt work, there is the option of adding specific fluid-contained free amino acids to upgrade protein quality of the protein consumed.
But first eliminate the cooked protein and replace them with raw protein.

Regarding the energy you need; its even more important to keep your blood sugar level up all the time, as it is very much possible that you ingest all required energy / day, and still convert muscle protein into energy. Thats because that is what happens the moment your blood sugar level goes down in between meals (energy-lows alternated with energy-highs; the latter coming with fat and glycogen storage, the former coming with breakdown of muscle, bodyfat and stored glycogen)
Brazilnuts

Re: Am skinny, want build muscle but water retention...

Post by Brazilnuts »

immortaltech1015 wrote:hey, I have a question and i thought you guys could help. I'm really skinny and I want to gain some muscle, but every time I eat even a little protein I get water retention.I really need to gain muscle somehow because i'm like heroin skinny,so I was wondering if there was any possible way to build muscle with little or no protein?I also know that I have to eat enough so the little bit of muscle i do have dosn't turn into energy.I was thinking of creatine but im not sure if that causes any water retention or not.I would really appreciate your answer.

Thanks alot
Old question, I know, but in case someone else has a similar problem, my suggestion is for them to REALLY work out just how much water they consume everyday, particularly if they are working out as well.

If you are working out and consuming raw protein rich foods like sashimi and egg yolks, then you will need at least 2.5 litres of water a day. Yes fruits contain a lot of water, but you'll probably need to drink more water to get to your target.

If you consume dirty/cooked protein, you might need to drink even more water. It helps reduce water retention caused by dehydration.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

How do you get at 2.5 liters?