Food Combining

Other than specified below
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:How do you fare with things like pasta, bread and rice without garlic (and other spices)?
Havent had them for many years, since they always make me break out big time.
RRM wrote:Wondering what kind of effect is that?
A glow in my head, like a refreshing and yet warm wind.
avo wrote:RRM, you need to find a local farmer/rancher.
Thanks, but thats a bit of a hassle here in Amsterdam, and Im always looking for really practical options.
Last edited by RRM on Tue 20 Mar 2007 13:40, edited 1 time in total.
avalon

Post by avalon »

avo about me:
But that is strange coming from avalon, who has been strongly pro-munch food.
:D I am fortunate that I don't suffer from acne. I suffer a lot of other things, but not acne, so my take on munch foods has always been more accepting. I also believe some munch foods are healthier than other munch foods, and wish that it was easier not to want them/fall back to them. Thankfully, 'coffee' is out of my life-at home. I think I've had two cups of coffee in a year now? roughly- while dining out with friends/family.

I was curious because I have defended the Book's allowence of Munch Foods, and RRM has always been like, well- SUPER HUMAN in resistence to them, so I was surprised to hear he/you was/were trying any at all.

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

avalon, I'm feeling UNFORTUNATE right now that I don't suffer from acne, as I care very much about good health, but most of the immediate effects I get from this diet are simply mental. No one understands why I bother, since I seemed just fine before. They think it's all in my head.

It is! That's the point! :evil:

Funny you mention coffee/caffiene; I'm terribly addicted. It's one of the worst things I can consume. Lately, though, it's begun to make me bleed from my anus (sorry if too much info), so it's been easier to avoid.

Another so-called "good" munch food that makes me want to kill myself: fried potatoes. Ah, but I love them so!!!
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Unfortunately the addictiveness of munchfoods can be quite strong, and the less munchfoods you eat, the stronger the cravings are. When not eating any at all, the cravings become far less frequent and less strong, often more a memory or curiosity issue more than a real physical craving.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Oscar, are you completely munch food free 100% of the time? If so, that is really terrific! From my heart I mean this.

As we've just learned from RRM, he still drink espresso, sometimes. I'm actually comforted by this. Not that I want him drinking it, and I'm blessed I guess that I have given up coffee without too much trouble. Weirdly, I heat up a a mug of water in the morning and sip it just like I did with coffee. Sure, it's not coffee, but it's clean and hot and is working.

dadasarah, if your coffee addiction is making you bleed, you have to stop. You have to find a way to stop. If you need a pm buddy to help you stop, then pm me. Believe me I have a set of problems I struggle with, and I want to be healthy, mentally and physically. Not easy, yes?

Cold turkey. Water only. Start tomorrow of if you need to pm me please do.

Best wishes,
Avalon :D
zenibee

Post by zenibee »

Quote:
One little granual gets on me mouth and I break out in that spot. :

Thats a coincidence; salt can only cause acne when ingested.
What about fruit then? Could I break out from contact with fruit? I've noticed the same thing happen with mangos. Speaking of mangos...I read in another post that all mangos are heated when shipped...IS THIS TRUE??? I eat them almost everyday :(

In general I keep breaking out around my mouth and chin. This is my most active area anyway but it seems like everytime a food item hits my skin or rubs up against the corners of my mouth I break out in that spot. I will say that since starting the diet the breakouts are far less severe as being this long off antibiotics would have surely sent my skin into a major fit by now. Also the breakouts are mostly a lot of white heads with just one or two cysts that quickly turn into white heads which I guess mean something is happening. How long will this go on though? I finally finished my first whole week 100% Wai (i've been weekday wai for about a month now, going off in moderation on the weekends) so I guess I'm just looking for a little encouragement to stay the course.

And I was reading the discussion on coffee...so do heated/cooked/brewed beverages not count as cooked food or are these just munch items? Also what about fermented foods/drinks like wine and pickles, pickled ginger etc.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

avalon wrote:Oscar, are you completely munch food free 100% of the time? If so, that is really terrific! From my heart I mean this.
Yeah, for 14 or 15 months now, thanks. :) I don't think an occasional munchfood is so much the problem for addiction, but more the ingestion on a regular (read: (almost) daily) basis.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

zenibee wrote:What about fruit then? Could I break out from contact with fruit?
No. What you feel are the fruit acids.
Just coincidence.
I read in another post that all mangos are heated when shipped...IS THIS TRUE??? I eat them almost everyday
Only if you live in the US and the mangoes are shipped in from other countries.
I keep breaking out around my mouth and chin. ...
How long will this go on though? I finally finished my first whole week 100% Wai
Normally it ends within 2 weeks of the 100% strict diet, but it may take longer.
do heated/cooked/brewed beverages not count as cooked food or are these just munch items?
Not allowed on the sample diet.
Once you are 100% clear you can start experimenting.
Also what about fermented foods/drinks like wine and pickles, pickled ginger etc.
The same.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

It took me 2 years to give up bread! I was like an addict and now it tastes like shit - its barely passable if you put butter or fat on it!

Ill never ever forget my time giving up junk foods and when you are addicted to somthing boy do you know about it...cos kicking the habbit could be the hardest thing you do.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Do you know if mangos shipped into Canada are heated? (I ask because often canada will be the same as the US with these issues but people will not mention it).

For the coffee addiction, I find hot water (with sugar if you take sugar) is a good replacement; and possibly almond milk, (chocolate almond milk will make it look more brown like coffee), but of course this makes it more munchy. I don't think hot sugar-water would be a problem however.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Do you know if mangos shipped into Canada are heated?
I dont think so.
Radiated maybe.
I don't think hot sugar-water would be a problem however.
Indeed.