Carbs to Fat Ratio Question:

Other than specified below
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Carbs to Fat Ratio Question:

Post by RRM »

Yes, a guideline.
It very much depends on the level of physical activity and other individual differences.
Fat plus sugars is such a good combination because the body thrives on those 2 sources of energy. (protein is less suitable, due to the nitrogen it contains)
Fats and sugars are perfectly complementary;
Fat is a slow source of energy that bypasses the insulin system. It is quite steadily used 24/7, even when we are sleeping.
Sugar is a faster sources of energy that may be stored in the muscles and liver, and how much we use can vary greatly.
Therefore it is logical that we may function optimally when both are consumed in the same meal.
When physically active, relatively more sugars are needed, and when phsyically inactive a lot, we need relatively more fats.
Fats help to store surplus sugars (as triglycerides), thus preventing a burden on the insulin system.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

RRM wrote:Yes, a guideline.
It very much depends on the level of physical activity and other individual differences.
Fat plus sugars is such a good combination because the body thrives on those 2 sources of energy. (protein is less suitable, due to the nitrogen it contains)
Fats and sugars are perfectly complementary;
Fat is a slow source of energy that bypasses the insulin system. It is quite steadily used 24/7, even when we are sleeping.
Sugar is a faster sources of energy that may be stored in the muscles and liver, and how much we use can vary greatly.
Therefore it is logical that we may function optimally when both are consumed in the same meal.
When physically active, relatively more sugars are needed, and when phsyically inactive a lot, we need relatively more fats.
Fats help to store surplus sugars (as triglycerides), thus preventing a burden on the insulin system.
It is clear that some people process carbs better than fats or vice versa (ancestry must be related to this). On the Wai Diet, the main focus is Carbs, but I was wondering how can a person know what's the optimal for each individual metabolic system to function better? How can I know that this is the best suitable form of energy for me and for overall health?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Do you eat more fats, when you are physically inactive?
It is clear that some people process carbs better than fats or vice versa (ancestry must be related to this). On the Wai Diet, the main focus is Carbs, but I was wondering how can a person know what's the optimal for each individual metabolic system to function better? How can I know that this is the best suitable form of energy for me and for overall health?
I just follow my instincts. So, when I have a bug of nuts, mixed with raisins, I will only begin eating the nuts, once I finished all the raisins. Maybe I eat 1 or 2 almonds or somethin, but no more.. So I guess my body prefers sugars above fats.

In the past, this was different for me. For example, I liked to drink whole milk (on a non-Wai diet), but now I don't like that fats anymore, and I only drink skim milk.

One problem which this tactic, is that many cooked and processed foods contain stuff that makes it unnatural attractive to eat. And I also think for a stressed body it is very hard to follow your instincts. So when you're stress hormones are down, and you are eating 100% Wai, I think you should be able to follow instincts more clearly.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

This is a whole new world for me. I'm still on that stage of counting the calories, nutrient values, etc :roll: . However, I am trying to shift on completely listen to my body and see these numbers just as mere informative purposes, not as guidelines. It still very hard for me to understand what my body wants though. But I have been enjoying more and more this journey.
Kasper wrote:And I also think for a stressed body it is very hard to follow your instincts. So when you're stress hormones are down, and you are eating 100% Wai, I think you should be able to follow instincts more clearly.
Yeah, that will probably be my next step, specially having a CP < 25. But first, I still have to find Wild/Organic Salmon and get rid of these beginner issues 8)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote:
RRM wrote:]When physically active, relatively more sugars are needed, and when phsyically inactive a lot, we need relatively more fats.
Do you eat more fats, when you are physically inactive?
In general, yes; after a day of lots of physical activity, i bulk up on OJ with sugar, whereas after a day of inactivity, i drink OJ without sugar abd often also eat nuts and avocado.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Oscar wrote:It was never a rule, just a guideline. Personally I think 3:1 would be a better guideline ratio, but in the end everyone has to figure out for themselves what the best ratio is.
Maybe it's only from my imagination, but I think I read somewhere what was your Carb:Fat ratio lately and I can't find it. Is it still 3:1? Seriously, I am almost pretty sure that I read you saying you are something like 1.2:1 atm ;D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hahaha, yeah 3:1 was on Wai Regular...now on Wai Warrior the ratio is quite a bit lower :)
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Oscar wrote:Hahaha, yeah 3:1 was on Wai Regular...now on Wai Warrior the ratio is quite a bit lower :)
Shouldn't be higher since you deplete the glycogen depots? :o
Or it is more like since you rely more on fat energy while IF (and not doing exercise) you need less carbs? (to be honest I am only thinking this way while I am writing this. I think had the IF concept misunderstood till today. If this is true of course ;D )
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It's more efficient to fill the depots with sugar than fat, but not necessary. On Wai Regular it was far more convenient to sip OJ for most of the day.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Herm, the Carb:Fat ratio is done regarding grams of each one and not the energy, right? :roll:
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Haha it is another "T-4-4" question. :)
Ratios (like percentages) can be ambiguous notations of expression whenever it is presented without the context it was calculated from.
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Hmm, or it could be that the Carb:Fat ratio is done regarding molecules like:
3 carb molecules : 1 fat molecule right?
3 starch molecules: 1 triglyceride molecule right?
3 sucrose molecules: 1 fatty acid molecule right?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Novidez wrote:Herm, the Carb:Fat ratio is done regarding grams of each one and not the energy, right? :roll:
Yes, grams ;)
Molecules is for squirrels!
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

:lol:
No, grams are for Grammy.
Sorry Oscar, you need to measure in Oz.;)
And RRM, should measure in RPM.
And Novidez, should measure in months...Nov..ember, Dec..ember...

Mole's cute. yes, it is a rodent's measurement! 8)