Carbs to Fat Ratio Question:

Other than specified below
Seth
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Carbs to Fat Ratio Question:

Post by Seth »

Is a 50/50 ratio of carbs to fats acceptable or considered unbalanced? I have been taking in approx. 1500 calories from each plus the 5 egg yolks a day. (I'm 6'0" and 174lbs.)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

It may be absolutely perfect, or not. The reason: it totally depends on how often you eat something. If you eat often enough, its certainly balanced.
The good thing is that your body tells you when your blood sugar level is, or is not stable enough. Try to listen.
Seth

Post by Seth »

RRM wrote: If you eat often enough, its certainly balanced.
The good thing is that your body tells you when your blood sugar level is, or is not stable enough. Try to listen.
I take in energy between 8 and 10 times a day. I, however, will usually take in fat in larger doses three times per day (500 cals per time). Does this seem okay?

I have been getting better at listening to my body over time.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:I take in energy between 8 and 10 times a day. I, however, will usually take in fat in larger doses three times per day (500 cals per time). Does this seem okay?
Hmm. Actually, then your fat intake is not much in support of your blood sugar levels, and your food intake is not that frequent. But if you feel fine this way, it may be ok for you.
Indeed, try to listen to your body. Maybe, some day, you can experiment with eating more frequently, and having fat with every meal to see whether you notice a difference?
Seth

Post by Seth »

RRM wrote:Hmm. Actually, then your fat intake is not much in support of your blood sugar levels, and your food intake is not that frequent. But if you feel fine this way, it may be ok for you.
Thanks, RPM.

So you are saying that because I don't take some fat each time I drink OJ, I am not supporting my blood sugar levels? I thought that it takes longer for the body to ingest fat as compared to carbohydrates. I have not had any problems doing it this way and never feel any energy drops either, however, if it is more salubrious to always take fat with carbs, then it really is not a big deal to do it that way.

8-10 times a days is considered little in terms of meals?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Seth, keep in mind that too much sugar is as bad as not enough. Fat slows down the rate at which dietary sugar gets into your blood. I look at my OJ and oil drink as a time release or buffered energy source.
Seth

Post by Seth »

johndela1 wrote:Seth, keep in mind that too much sugar is as bad as not enough. Fat slows down the rate at which dietary sugar gets into your blood. I look at my OJ and oil drink as a time release or buffered energy source.
Granted, but I wouldn't have thought that taking 24g of carbs every hour or so would spike blood sugar levels.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:Granted, but I wouldn't have thought that taking 24g of carbs every hour or so would spike blood sugar levels.
There is ALWAYS a spike, no matter how small your meals; its only the size that differs. The more often you eat something, and the more gradual the absorption rate (whole fruits rather than juices), the smaller the spikes.
Seth

Post by Seth »

So taking larger amounts of fat fewer times throughout the day is not as good at lowering the spikes than taking a smaller amount of fat each time with the carbs?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Exactly.
Emeira

Re: Carbs to Fat Ratio Question:

Post by Emeira »

Must to admit, I have never followed carb : fat (2 : 1) ratio rule, maybe that's way I don't feel my best with this diet?? Living sedentary life style, office jab, sitting all day and eating basically 6 : 1 (carb : fat) ratio. Is this rule really so important? I thought as long as you eat not too much (or too little) energy during the day everything is fine and you don't have to follow any carb : fat ratio rules
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I highly doubt that the 2:1 ratio is necessary (in general), if you are not active, or if you eat your meals in a small time period.

I guess it has to do with insulin sensitivity and if you are diabetic or border line diabetic. Wai recommends a higher fat diet in those cases.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

sad... I thought that I found the cause
Anyway, I should try eating according to this ratio (2:1), maybe it will change something in my health
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

You can always try of course :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It was never a rule, just a guideline. Personally I think 3:1 would be a better guideline ratio, but in the end everyone has to figure out for themselves what the best ratio is.