blended sun dried tomatoes and tomatoes?

Other than specified below
Sarah Anne
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

blended sun dried tomatoes and tomatoes?

Post by Sarah Anne »

Hi,
Thanks for all your hard work in keeping others informed!!
I was wondering, does anyone know if a pasta source made by blending tomatoes and sun dried tomatoes in the blender could cause acne?
ie does it have protein that could get damaged like in bananas..
blessings, Sarah
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome on the forum :)

Theoretically yes. But the amounts of damaged protein will be small. The same goes for the drying of the sundried tomatoes (esp if not really dried by the sun but by an oven). I'd say on the Acne Sample Diet you shouldn't eat dried fruits and be very careful with blending, but otherwise it's a question of experimenting.

Wondering about the pasta though... ;)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

That blending definitely gives me acne...
Be aware of sundried tomatoes; they often use salt in the process.
Sarah Anne

Post by Sarah Anne »

Hi Oscar and RRM,
Thanks for the welcome and the info.
I guess its back to the drawing board! the acne just ain't worth it.
The 'pasta' was going to be spirals of carrot or cucumber.
maybe i will mush up some tomato avo and basil for the sauce.
x Sarah
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Somehow we are much inclined to get variety, but with time ive learned that my body actually doesnt need it. Maybe its just a left-over from the times that i ate cooked foods; with any cooked food diet you need a lot of variation because your body doesnt really seem to be satisfied with whatever food you eat. As as result, there may be an imprint in our brain that we 'need' to have lots of variaty in our diet.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

I agree with RRM. Pre-wai i looked upon food as a source of external pleasure. Now i see it as a source of energy, and when my body has the optimal/correct amount of energy i feel good.

Food is addictive. It may not be up there with cocaine on the intensity of pleasure scale but it is a source of escapism. It is the same with TV. We, as a society, are hedonistic people and we seem to seek this pleasure because we are unable to provide ourselves with the confidence and well-being that is required to be happy.

I do not stand from afar and point at society and laugh. I have the same downfalls as the next man. I do not provide myself with enough confidence, a fathering/masculine energy, and well-being, a mothering/nurturing energy, and thus if tomorrow i did not have acne and i could go and eat a bacon double cheeseburger with mayonaise i probably would. But i am trying to get to the point personally where i do not seek external stimulus to make me happy; to give me well-being and confidence and i have to say it is extremely hard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS i should tell you how true confidence is achieve. The only way to achieve true confidence is by doing courage. (IMO). The ideas below are not my own but they have helped me.

What is courage? Courage is doing the right thing. Courage isn’t bravery and it is not fearlessness, it is simply doing the right thing. What does it mean to do the right thing? It is simply a decision. We define life as simply making decisions (our lives are the accumulation of all the decisions we every make). If you are alive you are capable of making a decision, which means you are capable of courage. No matter how depressed you are or what a bad life you have had or how badly women have treated you or how difficult it has been for you, you can have courage instantly at any moment just by deciding to do the right thing.

And the right thing to do is guided by what? Your conscience and intuition. Your conscience tells you what is right or wrong in you. Your intuition tells you what environments are right or wrong at you.

Just before the moment of courage we are more alone in our lives than at any other time. No one can do courage but you. You can’t borrow it. The moment after courage, you are a leader. When you are courageous you gain confidence 100% of the time. Confidence is your reward for doing courage. Does getting confidence out of courage depend on the results you get? No!!!!!!!!!! But you have to do courage with 100% effort. Courage is going for it with all you’ve got. Whatever happens happens. You are ready for it.

How do you achieve well-being? Through being assertive.

Well-being is the mothering energy, a famine kind of self-esteem. Adult men need to learn how to mother themselves; look after themselves. For example, you are angry/depressed because you are in a job that has low pay, long hours and a crap boss. Your needs are for high pay, low hours and a nice boss.

So how do you turn your anger into assertiveness? By slowly, patiently with discipline look for a much better job over a long period of time, or train for one, which has a nice boss, high pay and low hours.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Sarah Anne

Post by Sarah Anne »

Hi,
thanks for your thought provoking responses.
it seems like now I am eating the same thing all the time...sometimes frustrated about it but generally seems ok.
dionysus i like what you say about courage. it is so nice to be connected to one's own energy and have an energy basis for action and empowerment without any sense of rush or urgency but with a presence in the moment...i have been reading caroline myss, why people don't heal. she says to forget all about whatever is wrong with you, cancer, virus etc and think about how it makes you feel, e.g. depleted, like nothing, then everyday take an empowered action to feel otherwise. i guess for me with acne, not that i really have any after starting the diet but if i did i'd feel inadequate and worthless. so its nice to take steps that show me i'm good enough like spending time doing whatever i want, going to the beach or forest by myself etc.
i know what you mean about the burger!
Sarah