help! grain addiction

Other than specified below
kylecortez
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

help! grain addiction

Post by kylecortez »

Hey guys I really need your help right now. I have just started nursing school so I am usually sedentary because of the studying. It is of the utmost importance I eat really good from here on out or I will become very unhealthy. Obesity and diabetes runs in my family as well.

I have noticed that I am addicted to grains. First it was wheat, and I cut it out after reading so much on waisays regarding wheat. I turned to rice next, and now I'm eating that all the time. I read white rice is bad, so now I'm trying brown rice, which I'm sure is just the same thing. I'm trying alternative grains too like quinoa. I use oatmeal too. I've got this wheat free bread made with the flour of a bunch of alternative grains, and I'm really hooked on that. I ate like 10 rye crackers today. Even though I'm not using wheat, I am still hooked. I know wheat is bad, but these other grains are the same, aren't they?

Why are grains so addicting? Why do they make you gain weight so easily? I can't seem to shake a single pound with grains in my diet. When I give them up, I go through withdrawal. How bad are grains? Do I need to once and for all just switch over to fruits compleltey for my sole carbohydrate source. Thanks
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Why are grains so addicting?
Because they have to be eaten cooked and therfore contain beta-carbolines.
Why do they make you gain weight so easily?
Not exactly sure but I think it's because they can't really be digested or used as energy by the body.
When I give them up, I go through withdrawal.
This is normal, grains and wheat especially are addictive...these are the facts. You just have to push through until the other side, where you're not addicted anymore, just like cigarettes.
How bad are grains?
BAD! Read this:
http://www.freeacnebook.com/24-38.htm#31
Do I need to once and for all just switch over to fruits compleltey for my sole carbohydrate source
I think so. It will (eventually) feel great and you will loose weight! I lost 5 kg (10 pounds)
Good luck! Courage!
Corinne.
kylecortez

carbs

Post by kylecortez »

though she doesnt make much mention of it, the basis of my addiction must be from the overwhelming amount of carbs in the grains. i eat them, get high, and crash out from over triggering the insulin system. i probably want to eat them all the time because i crash and need a fix again

fruits and fruit juices wont make me crash out, will they?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Not if you combine them with enough fats.
Justin

Post by Justin »

kylecortez read this....

http://www.newtreatments.org/why%20are% ... 0unhealthy

this should help.
sabie

Post by sabie »

hi, since I have been doing this I have lost my craving for grains, to me that really means carbs and I was going through a bad addiction before I started this 5 weeks ago
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

kylecortez wrote
Why are grains so addicting?
Besides the beta-carbolines Corinne mentioned, wheat also contains very powerful addictive opioid peptides by nature
Why do they make you gain weight so easily?
Grains are eaten in big meals, containing huge amounts of starch, leading to elevated blood glucose levels and therefore more bodyfat.
When I give them up, I go through withdrawal.
Yes, they are addictive.