ideal diet

Other than specified below
johndela1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

ideal diet

Post by johndela1 »

If I want to eat as close to perfect as possible, would I be advised to just eat fruit, regg yolk, fish?

I'm trying to figure out what I need to eat as part of my staple diet. I used to think I need to eat nuts.

Also, when I buy raw fish, how long can I keep it in my fridge before it is unsafe to eat? I usually just buy enough for that day. This basically limits me to eating raw fish once a week (when I go shopping). Is raw beef an option? if so does it stay longer in the fridge?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think that's pretty much it...plus (olive) oil.

Personally I don't keep fish longer than 2 days, but I think you can keep it longer, if you don't mind the taste...
huntress

Post by huntress »

Hello John :)

Fruits, egg yolks and fish is what I eat and most of us here eat too. It has been, by far,the perfect combination for me. I just don't consume nuts because they make my skin breakout.

To figure out what would be the best staple for you requires experimentation with what you eat. As everyone where would agree, every individual is different when it comes to specific foods. The deal is to take it slowly and be observant on how your body reacts to a particular food.

I find that raw fish can be stored up to 2 days in the fridge. You don't have to consume raw fish everyday, one or twice a week is fine. You can alternate the fish with the egg yolks. I know that some other people here on the board consume raw beef. But unfortunately, I don't, so I can't advise you about storage.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I forgot to mention. I'm doing this diet for good health not for acne prevention.
huntress

Post by huntress »

I forgot to mention. I'm doing this diet for good health not for acne prevention.
same here :wink:
avalon

Post by avalon »

If you're not afraid of frozen fish, flash frozen being the best I believe, you can cut pre-frozen fillets into single portions using a butcher's hand saw, and eat as you go.

Fresh is best, of course.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

do people avoid frozen fish becasuse of acne realted issues or are there health related issues, too?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Acne related.
Also, its much harder to judge freshness of the fish, so that you might eat not-so-fresh raw fish...
huntress

Post by huntress »

John,

Proteins (and many other molecular elements and compounds in the meat) are denatured at non optimum temperatures (freezing/heating). As we all know, heating foods (non raw) brings diseases when one consumes it, in a long run. Freezing is like heating in that there is a change the molecular structure of the elements and the compounds.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Which brings up the question- Does freezing create the cancer causing mutations that heat does?

And if fresh isn't available, frozen as a back-up? Fresh isn't always fresh...it's been traveling around a ways to make it to the Fish market...

I of course want it as fresh as possible, but mightn't it be safest to consume Sushi-grade fish. The fish has been frozen cold enough to kill parasites and from what I read many restaurants serve previously frozen fish, and, you might just get a fresher fish???
avalon

Post by avalon »

I want to ad that I am new at eating raw fish at home. I have no fear eating sashimi out. Maybe when I get better at finding parasites, I'll feel more confident. But many new to raw fish should learn too look for parasites.

This is an interesting read.

http://www.ahealthyme.com/topic/sushi

regards,

Avalon
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Pretty funny article. :)

After all the 'horror' stories it says:
"Even if someone happens to swallow a live worm, there's not that much to worry about. In the normal course of events, a swallowed anisakid goes right through the body. "Probably you and I have swallowed one and never knew it," Price says."
avalon

Post by avalon »

I knnnnoooowwwwww...whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

still, no harm in learning proper home shashimi something something. I think there is something to be said for fish that has been flash frozen say on the boat, then shipped to you still in this state, rather than a fish that is fresh, but mishandled possibly or trucked to market how many days fresh? I will eat 'fresh' fish. Just I don't always see fish that feels as fresh, you know? Today I saw fresh tuna steaks that were marvelously red and inviting. Unfortunately I didn't have my cooler with me, maybe tomorrow...when they're a day older :(

or something something
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

LOL :D
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avalon wrote:Which brings up the question- Does freezing create the cancer causing mutations that heat does?
Maybe not; researching, I only found one such a reference to only one chemical, but that might have been due to contamination.
And if fresh isn't available, frozen as a back-up?
No, I would take egg yolks instead.
At least with non-frozen fish, you can see and smell whether its edible, or not.