Vegetables?

Other than specified below
johndela1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Vegetables?

Post by johndela1 »

Is it OK to include kale in my smoothies? I am trying to lose weight and feel that it keeps my fuller a bit longer this way. I'm only about 5-10 lbs over where I want to be so it is harder to lose this weight as opposed to say losing 10 lbs for someone 50 lbs overweight.

For example...

1 banana
few leafs of kale
apple
pear
a couple yolks
avo

Post by avo »

Do you not put oil in? Oil keeps me full longer, compared to just eating fruit without oil. Try that instead, it should work.
RRM
Administrator

Re: greens

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:Is it OK to include kale in my smoothies?
It contains verious enzyminhibitors, but compared to other greens, its relatively easy to digest.
Enzyminhibitors prevent your body from optimally utilizing the nutrients in the food consumed. Eating raw greens also causes gasses.
I am trying to lose weight and feel that it keeps my fuller a bit longer this way.
Then you better try to disconnect the fullness of your stomach to your 'feeling of needing to eat'. The latter should only be connected to your direct need for energy, and you can train this.
Trying to fill your stomach only keeps that unwanted connection alive (which doesnt help if you want to loose weight)
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Avo,
yea I put in shreadded coconut or olive oil, or even walnuts

RRM,

How can you train this? Isn't it a pretty basic drive, to want to eat when your stomach feels empty?

My old boss used to be a CR (calorie reduced) guy and said it was no trouble... He told me 'you get used to it'.

I feel like it is just the opposite. For the first few days it is actually easy, but it builds up and after a week, I can't maintain it. The urge to eat is powerful.

I would like to get buy on less calories. I think I eat way too much. I used to never gain wait, but over the last several years I started putting on a few pounds. I want to stop this before it gets to a point where I am overweight.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:How can you train this? Isn't it a pretty basic drive, to want to eat when your stomach feels empty?
Yes it is when the need for energy is always met by filling your stomach. Then your body learns that this is the way to go.
My old boss used to be a CR (calorie reduced) guy and said it was no trouble... He told me 'you get used to it'.

I feel like it is just the opposite. For the first few days it is actually easy, but it builds up and after a week, I can't maintain it. The urge to eat is powerful.
Yes, but that is something very different. Its not giving your body the energy that it needs.
Your body needs energy; thats a physiological need.
Filling your stomach is not a physiological need; its just a pavlov response.
I would like to get buy on less calories.
Well, the first and most easy step is to eliminate redundant energy conversions, which always takes place after every big meal (energy stored followed by energy gradually taken out of storage).
At least that way your body is not forced to take in less energy than it requires.
I think I eat way too much. I used to never gain wait, but over the last several years I started putting on a few pounds.
If you really would have been eating far too much, you would have gained ten-fold more. The pounds you gained over the years are the accumulative result of consuming about just 1% too much daily.
I want to stop this before it gets to a point where I am overweight.
Which requires that you first need to find the balance between the need for energy and the intake of energy. So, you first need to learn to listen to your body's need for energy, which is represented by your blood-energy levels.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

You are saying that all calories are usued or stored right? There have been times when I have not watched how much I eat and ate significantly more in those months, with no weight gain. Then other times I was really watching what I ate and lost no weight.

Don't you think the body changes the way it utilized calories. I read a book on CRON (cal reduction) that claimed as you eat less the body utilized food better. I think we have talked about the body assimilating vitamins at a higher rate when less are present, do you think the same thing can go for calories?
nick

Post by nick »

Just because you were or weren't watching doesn't mean other factors came into play such as you physical activity level.
When you say watching, that doesn't necessarily mean you ate according your bodies need.

When less vitamins are present, the body increases it's absorption rate, when lots of that vitamin are present the body decreases that absorption rate. Also when eating less, there are perhaps less substances that inhibit the uptake of the vitamins.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:There have been times when I have not watched how much I eat and ate significantly more in those months, with no weight gain. Then other times I was really watching what I ate and lost no weight.
As nick said; when you watch what you eat, that doesnt mean you eat less. Our body doesnt like overeating, and we only get increasingly fatter because we overeat just a very little bit, but very frequently.
If you overeat only 1%, you will gain 20 pounds of pure fat in 10 years. And then you are overweight.

So, its really a matter of small, but very persistent differences. The reason: our body does not want to overeat or undereat, and this is true for whether you pay attention, or not.
Don't you think the body changes the way it utilized calories. I read a book on CRON (cal reduction) that claimed as you eat less the body utilized food better.
That is true in the sense that its harder to properly digest everything you eat when you eat way too much. But as it only relates to overeating dramatically, it doesnt apply to you.
I think we have talked about the body assimilating vitamins at a higher rate when less are present, do you think the same thing can go for calories?
No, not within the margins of the actual overeating/undereating we are talking about.
dandate2

lettuce and carrots?

Post by dandate2 »

are lettuce and carrots on the wai diet? i saw cucumbers and tomatoes were ok so all together would make an alright salad
panacea

Re: lettuce and carrots?

Post by panacea »

cucumbers and tomatoes are technically fruits, careful if you eat tomatoes and get discomfort, you may have nightshade sensitivity (you probably noticed this if you feel the same way with potatoes before this diet).

as far as I know (and I don't know for sure) neither of those are on the 'wai diet' because they tend to have a lot of anti nutrients (as well as a lot of nutrients) and are difficult to digest raw, compared to raw fruits, and we certainly don't want you cooking. Steamed vegetables are probably easier to digest, but it's heat, which is definitely not on the wai diet.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Vegetables?

Post by RRM »

As Panacea pointed out, its just that lettuce and carrots contain much fiber relative to the energy they supply.
On this diet it may already be hard enough to constantly ingest sufficient energy (particularly for beginners)
Fiber makes you feel full, even though you may still lack energy.
Greens such as lettuce also contain relatively much anti nutrients (somewhat bitter taste).
So that greens are not that harmful, but they certainly dont fit the profile of optimal foods.

So, my advice is:
First get your act together; once you are accustomed to this diet (particularly regarding energy),
you may experiment with veggies, as to what extend you like them to be in your diet.
Bradshaw

Post by Bradshaw »

Hi Guys...As we all know that Vegetables can not be ignored in our lives because of these have so many benefits . these contain Vitamins and other natural contents . These should be included in our eating habits if we want to live for long time .
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Bradshaw wrote:As we all know that Vegetables can not be ignored in our lives because of these have so many benefits . these contain Vitamins and other natural contents
All the vitamins, minerals and trace elements that we need are already provided by fruits and animal food.
These should be included in our eating habits if we want to live for long time .
This statement is based on....?
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

spammers... 'bradshaw' put in a little ad in his footer - after making the same kind of general statement.. pff.. boring people.. I suspect 'daniel' will do the same shortly..
panacea

Post by panacea »

yep ban daniel xD