HOW STRICT ARE WE (on average) ?! --- monthly survey

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.

HOW STRICT ARE YOU?!

I follow Wais recommendations as a general guideline while still eating conventionally (= cooked food diet)
15%
I am on and (completely) off Wai's diet regularly
9%
Generally clean with munch food intake every (few) day(s)
21%
I intend to avoid munch food but occasionally I slip off the sample diet
6%
I only have "minor" compromises (like wasabi /ginger/soy sauce with the fish for example...)
9%
100% - no compromises
12%
100% + I don’t eat nuts
6%
100% + I don’t eat dried fruits
No votes
100% + I don't eat nuts or dried fruits
18%
oh, I am even more strict than that (write your diet in a reply to this poll question please)
6%

Total votes: 34
jjah
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by jjah »

5:30 lots of water on rising
6:00 BREAKFAST_3 yolks with 1 sliced babnana or 1&1/2 oranges, juiced
7:00 light morn stroll/followed by stretches to lovely music
8:00 Snack-3 yolks with 1 sliced babnana or 1&1/2 oranges, juiced
9:00 Errands and house work
10:00 Snack-3 yolks with 1 sliced babnana or 1&1/2 oranges, juiced
11:00 Nap with my daughter
12:00 LUNCH-3 yolks with 1 sliced babnana or 1&1/2 oranges, juiced
1:00 Sewing and music (piano, sing, guitar)
2:00 Snack-3 yolks with 1 sliced babnana or 1&1/2 oranges, juiced
3:00 Walk to view of the ocean (4 miles)
4:00 Snack-1 cup Oj and 1T cod liver oil
5:00 Cook dinner/ daddy's and daughter's story time!
6:00 FAMILY DINNER-2T olive?coconut oil with munch food (or fruit salad)
7:30 Daughter's bed time/ Movie, games, read, etc. with husband
8:30 Snack-3 yolks with 1 sliced babnana or 1&1/2 oranges, juiced
9:00-9:30 Bed

This is my dialy routine. I live a happy simple life!

If I'm out I just have OJ and oil instead of the egg yolks.

Sometimes I also have a cup of hot chocolate (cocoa powder and sugar) with coconut oil in it, yum!

For my munch food it usually is: broth/soup(vegetable, chicken,no meat) cooked veggies, sweet potatoes, sometimes little jasmine rice, 1/8 t. sea salt, pickled ginger (with raw salmon), and sometimes "tiny" bit of rare or ground beef or chicken in the soup. I don't have all at once but will pick one or two, and try not to go over 10 gr. DP.
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

Well, now that isn't too far off from my idea of heaven, a wonderfully peaceful, relaxed day - lots of fresh air, meditation and happiness!

Take care,
James
x
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Thanks, Oscar. I am just going for a walk to my fishmonger now, to interrogate him about whether his mackerel has been frozen or not... (He is accustomed to my endless questions by now.) If it looks good, I will try some.
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Jjah, looks like you have a lovely simple life indeed. I am a student, so it is not always so relaxed for me, but this diet has definitely simplified my life. Please can you post some pictures of your new baby when he/she arrives? I am sure the others on this board would love to see as well... if you don't mind!
huntress

Post by huntress »

I agree with you CurlyGirl. I am a student too and I understand what you mean by being unrelaxed! Before this diet, school was always hard and studying for my classes were my worse nightmare but now I am able to get by it without effort and I am more confident than before. :wink:
CurlyGirl

Clear mind but always sleepy!

Post by CurlyGirl »

Yes, huntress, there've been discussions on this board before about the clarity of mind that comes with this diet... I seem to be able to concentrate for longer periods, although these days I seem to be going through a phase of needing a LOT of sleep! Last night I slept for 13 hours!! This is unheard of for me.... but I am just going with the flow, listening to my body, trying to give it whatever it requires.

RRM, anyone else - have you been through a sleepy phase like this also?
huntress

Post by huntress »

CurlyGirl, I have been sleeping for longer periods these days too. If I have the opportunity, I will sleep for 10-13 hours. This is usually done on the weekends.

I use to think that sleeping this long is bad and a waste of time but now, I just let it go and let my body do what it wants.

Currently, I am packed with midterms and assignments so I am always going from one task to another through out the day; from early morning till late night, and by the time I get home, I'll be so tired from the long hours spent in lectures, labs, dance, and studying so it is not surprise that I sleep for that long.

Have you been going through a busy period lately CurlyGirl?

I also notice that I am often tired before my cycle starts. Could be due to the imbalance hormone, maybe? So lately, I am trying to upgrade my intake of egg yolks from 4 a day to 6 a day 2 weeks before my cycle starts. But I am skepticle about increasing the protein intake though. I don't want to be chunky from building extra muscles.
jjah

Post by jjah »

Thank you James and Culy Girl. Perhaps I may post some pics. of the baby when he/she arrives, though I don't realy like to put to much info on the internet. Maybe if their was a way to post them for a little while and then remove them later on?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Just post them and let me know when you want them removed. :)
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Huntress, I haven't had the experiences you've had with gaining chunky leg muscles from extra clean protein intake, but I am definitely on the road to increasing my egg yolks from 1 to 3 per day. I just wanted my system to get used to the bacteria in the eggs, but now I am ready for an increase, I think.

Strangely, I haven't been in a busy phase for quite some time now - I am generally taking it easy, trying to get through my studies with as little stress as possible, so there is no correlation between stress and sleeping long, in my case. I have just moved back to wintry Scotland after several weeks of sunshine in South Africa in January, so perhaps my body needs more sleep so that it can re-adjust its circadian rhythms?
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Generally clean with munch food intake every day

but my munch food is raw so I'm 100% raw.
I'm vegetarian so I don't eat fish. I know it's better for your health to eat it, but I can't. It's a huge thing for me to eat eggs because I was vegan.
You'll think I'm mad but I was fruitarian for 6 months once because I didn't want to kill plants either. I've never eaten vegetables for this reason, however one day I discovered that when they harvest grains they massacre all the little baby field mice, so I couldn't eat grains anymore. When I looked at a bowl of pasta, I saw blood and dead field mice. I tried to force myself to eat it but I couldn't. And I realised the only thing you can eat without killing something is fruit, so I ate fruit for 6 months, which was fine, and it made me look a lot more attractive (everyone was after me!!! literally!) but then after 6 months I started starving to death, so had to start eating normal food again. Unfortunately after 6 months on nothing but fruit, my body's ability to cope with cooked food was zeroe, and it made me extremely ill. (It had no affect on me before!)
So I have no choice but to be 100% raw. Just one bite of cooked food makes me ill.
As I was vegan I had no choice but to eat vegetables which I had never eaten before because I didn't want to kill plants. But it was that or starve to death.
I also could no longer tolerate supplements (they had no bad affects on me before!) so could not take B12 tablets, so had to resort to eating raw eggs which was a huge problem for me at first, but I'm getting used to it now.

Now I know about Wai's diet, I know I don't have to eat the veg, I could just eat fruit, eggs, and brazil nuts, but after my last fruit diet experience I'm too scared to give up the veg. I don't like the taste of it, and I don't like eating (killing) plants, but I'm scared to go back to just fruit.

So my diet is Wai minus the fish with munchfood consisting of two of the following per day:
romaine lettuce, spring onions, onion, garlic, brussel sprouts, kale, spinach, cauliflower, mushroom, beansprouts

The only time I slip with this is with Braggs Liquid Aminos or home made sesame milk which I don't have very often. (once a month maybe)
nick

Post by nick »

I can see where your coming from with respect to living animals. I totally agree. At least your eating yolks, which is essential. Especially for women, since cholesterol is the building blocks for sex-hormones and also essential for pregnancy.
Gavriel

Post by Gavriel »

In this case.
If you really cant eat eggs or Fish or meat...
I would eat raw milk products.

raw (unsalted) Butter, raw sweet cream and raw kefir (natural jogurt) are much less harm than the vegetables you mentioned.

The vegetables will ruin your teeth and disturb the absobtion of the little fat you are eating.

By eating milk products you are killing no-one and you get some good fat.

Butter, has very little cow hormons (since those are water soluble), much fat and almost no protein (only residues).

Just to make it clear, I do not recommend this diet - I just think it is the least damage in the given situation (i.e. if the goal is to avoid "killing" at all cost)

Gavriel.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Thankyou Gavriel.
I appreciate your advice.

I didn't know vegetables damaged the teeth - how do they do that?

I live in England and can not obtain raw cow milk, or cream, or butter of any kind where I live. :( I found a brilliant website selling all those things but they only deliver to Florida :x
I could buy raw goat milk mail order from Wales, and I could use that to make kefir.....

I became vegan when I was 12 because cows are badly treated and because to produce milk a cow has to give birth every year, and the calves are then killed. I don't know whether goat kids are killed or if goats have happy lives...I will try to find out.

It is annoying that the two things you don't have to kill to eat and I do not mind eating (ethically) - milk and grains - involve second party suffering (calves and field mice).

Apparantly followers of the religion Jainism have this problem. They try to practice "ahimsa" - cause suffering to no living thing. Some of them in the end make the conscious decision to starve themselves to death because that is the only way to ensure you don't cause suffering to anyone else!!!

Sometimes I get frustrated and think that would be the easiest solution.

Apparantly Ghandi lived on Fruit and Milk. But in India the cow was sacred so I'm sure he drank milk from happy cows who enjoyed happy lives.

Anyway thankyou for taking my dilemma seriously, and taking the time to advise me!! I'm very grateful :)

Do you think milk is healthier than vegetables?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I've heard about this "ahimsa" in Jainism. It seems very noble, but also very difficult to me, like you indicated.

How come you started starving to death? Didn't eat enough or lacked nutrients?

Maybe you could try decreasing the amount of vegetables and substituting some more fruit (juice)? Make sure you eat when you're hungry. With egg yolks and brazil nuts you should do fine, I think.