HOW STRICT ARE WE (on average) ?! --- monthly survey

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.

HOW STRICT ARE YOU?!

I follow Wais recommendations as a general guideline while still eating conventionally (= cooked food diet)
15%
I am on and (completely) off Wai's diet regularly
9%
Generally clean with munch food intake every (few) day(s)
21%
I intend to avoid munch food but occasionally I slip off the sample diet
6%
I only have "minor" compromises (like wasabi /ginger/soy sauce with the fish for example...)
9%
100% - no compromises
12%
100% + I don’t eat nuts
6%
100% + I don’t eat dried fruits
No votes
100% + I don't eat nuts or dried fruits
18%
oh, I am even more strict than that (write your diet in a reply to this poll question please)
6%

Total votes: 34
CurlyGirl
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by CurlyGirl »

Just for everyone's interest, I found something on the old acne board that Wai had written in response to a guy's request for her to analyse his personal diet - the guy's diet was low in vit B3 compared to the RDA (like mine) and this is what Wai said:

"B3 is no problem, since the body can create B3 from tryptophan, an amino acid abundantly present in [this] diet (protein requirements are met, and 38% of the protein is redundant. (BTW: yolks contain hardly any B3, fruits do, and fish contain a lot)"

So... I am no longer worried about my B3 intake, since I obviously consume huge quantities of tryptophan as it is (all those lovely bananas and dates and such)

huntress :-D

Nuts also make me break out! (Even ones that freshly-shelled by hand...)
Boo-hoo :(
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Hmm..I wonder if you two are particularly sensitive to the enzyme inhibitors in nuts, and that causes you to break out. Have you ever tried soaking and dehydrating at a low temperature? Most publications that mention this say to soak in a salt water solution (1 T per 4 c of nuts - the salt is what activates the enzymes that neutrilize the inhibitors, from what I've read), though I'm not sure how much of the salt actually stays with the nuts. I've read some that just use water to soak them in. Also, sprouting takes care of these inhibitors, and then they can be dehydrated to make them crispy. I don't know how badly you'd like to be able to eat nuts, but it might be nice to at least try it and see how your body deals with them when soaked/sprouted - then maybe you could add another dimension to your diet. You can find instructions online for both sprouting and soaking nuts, if you're interested.

~Amber
nick

Post by nick »

I think RRM has said that since only truly fresh nuts can be obtained from brazil, at least brazil nuts, that may not always be fresh, but it depends on the nut. So it can be hassle not knowing which is fresh and which isn't. Using orange juice instead of salt water works too. It's mentioned somewhere on the old forum.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Gavriel wrote:In this case.
If you really cant eat eggs or Fish or meat...
I would eat raw milk products.

raw (unsalted) Butter, raw sweet cream and raw kefir (natural jogurt) are much less harm than the vegetables you mentioned.

The vegetables will ruin your teeth and disturb the absobtion of the little fat you are eating.

By eating milk products you are killing no-one and you get some good fat.

Butter, has very little cow hormons (since those are water soluble), much fat and almost no protein (only residues).

Just to make it clear, I do not recommend this diet - I just think it is the least damage in the given situation (i.e. if the goal is to avoid "killing" at all cost)

Gavriel.
What Gavriel said about veg put me right off eating them. And when I went to the vegan websites to find out whether goat milk involves cruelty to goats, I was reminded why I wouldn't eat eggs, so I'm definately vegan again. So for the past week I've been eating just fruit and brazil nuts. I actually feel a lot better. But it won't be long before I get deficient again and have to resort to veg :(
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

Cairidh, did you see Oscar's link to an article in 'Bad Days' under 'Other Opinions' (about taking life to feed life)? It's really good.

Are there any farms near you that you can buy directly from (and see the chickens, goats are well taken care of, etc.)? Are you taking B12 and fish oil? Don't forget to submit to the nutrient calculator. Like Wai said, it's totally possible to do this diet vegan, or not. You would only need the vegetables if you're not eating enough calories otherwise. Drink juice!
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It's actually in "Xperiences in general now"... :)

http://www.westonaprice.org/healthissues/bloodmoon.html
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

Also, many many former vegans have returned to milk products to resolve health issues, like Gandhi, so Gavi's advice may be helpful, as a last resort.
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck