Where in the world is everyone from?

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
Bambi726
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Bambi726 »

Amber, I checked out the link on Santa Cruz, it is a romantic place--most of all, I would love to visit the strawberry fields!!! of the Pajaro Valley--do visitors get to pick some berries? Yummy!
Hehe, yes, there are some "pick-your-own" strawberry fields :wink: Most of them are not organic, but I believe there are a couple that are, which are the ones I would like to visit :D It IS wonderful to live in an area that is so agriculturally abundant with a focus more than most places on organic foods and living. Great job on the diet so far, Masha! :)

~Amber
Chin-Chin

Last missing link to the thread

Post by Chin-Chin »

Greetings!

I'm a latecomer to this thread. My story:

Born in Shanghai, raised between Shanghai and Beijing until uprooted when I was 13. I first went to Australia (1 year in Melbourne), then various cities in the U.S., where I did high school and college. I've been residing in France for the past 6 and half years. My mom still lives in Houston, Texas, even though she has a home in Shanghai, and we have family members from all over the world!

We are a very migratory bunch, but lots stayed at the home base (China) also. Last time we did a family reunion (only my maternal side) at a hotel in Shanghai, there were like 150 people, then my aunt reserved a cinema just for the family! My cousin's golf coach who was British was so overwhelmed he almost had a heart attack :lol:
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Good gracious, what a colourful reunion! My family is scattered all over the world... it would be a logistical nightmare to get them all in the same city, let alone cinema :-)
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

I know what you mean! You have to have a strong leader with great organizational skills, that's why my dad's side of the family never managed to do a reunion. Except for my grandfather's funeral... :cry:

I'd like to hear about South African traditions too, I assume you were born there?
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Chin-Chin wrote:I'd like to hear about South African traditions too, I assume you were born there?
Yep, I was born there and lived there until last September (so, 22 1/2 years in total!). What sort of South African traditions do you want to hear about? Reunions? Marriages?

... my father is German, so most of our rituals have always been European (i.e. the way we celebrate Christmas, among other things). So I don't know if there is anything specifically South African about my traditions, but I can certainly tell you about the rural traditions among the 'indigenous' people of South Africa, if you're curious. :-) Just fire away with the questions...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

1. When is your birthday? Shouldn't be too long ago, no? ;)
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Actually the clichés, but from an insider. How did you live the end of the Apartheid? How did school change? Are you friends with any native, or I suppose indigenous people? Is there an immigration policy?