garden diet children eat mostly fruit and nuts

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
Cairidh
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

garden diet children eat mostly fruit and nuts

Post by Cairidh »

You may have heard of the garden diet family? A black man (gorgeous) and his white wife who are raw vegans, and their 4 children who are all raw vegans? (the last one raw since conception)

I've been trying to find out what the children eat, as many raw vegan children do not do at all well, and these ones are obviously thriving. I'd read elsewhere that they eat 95% fruit, which didn't seem possible. Anyway I finally found their typical daily diet. (see below)
They eat mostly fruit, nuts, seeds, and oils, with honey and a tiny amount of veg, and lots of orange juice throughout the day. I was surprised at the similarity to Wai. I know seeds aren't allowed, but the nutrients in nuts and seeds are similar. So the diet is Orange Juice, Fruit, Nuts, and Oils.

Breakfast - Fruit
Snack - Seeds, Fruit, Oils, honey, carob powder
Lunch - Nuts, Tahini, and a small amount of veg
Snack - Fruit
Dinner - Fruit, Nuts, Oils
Plus - Orange Juice
Breakfast: Orange juice blended with bananas. This is a very easy meal to digest. It goes down real smooth and the kids love it. It is loaded with useable magnesium, potassium, calcium, carbohydrates, protein, and vitamins.

Snack: (Midway between breakfast and lunch). This is usually a nut-based smoothie. Raw Tahini (ground sesame seeds) contains a lot of calcium. When blended with two dates, two tablespoons of raw honey, two tablespoons of flaxseed oil, one tablespoon of olive oil, half a cup of soaked sunflower seeds, one ripe banana, two tablespoons of raw carob powder, and a dash of Celtic Sea Salt. Blend in a blender at high speed. Then fill the blender up with spring water. It is very rich and loaded with good proteins, good fats, vitamins, minerals, and calcium, just to name a few of the nutrients. It is also very kid-friendly with the same flavor as a milkshake. You can adjust the richness by controlling the amount of dates, soaked seeds or nuts, and bananas (two bananas add extra thickness). The oils add omega fatty acids (essential brain food) to the system. When you really analyze all of the ingredients in this smoothie and the junk food counterpart you will see that there is no comparison. A junk food smoothie uses frozen fruit. Fruit when frozen loses 50% of its nutrients. A junk food milkshake provides none of the nutrients of our shake but instead provides you with loads of toxins. Powdered protein shakes also are an imperfect version of our shake with lots of chemical additives that you don't want in your body.
Lunch: Our big meal of the day. It usually consists of something like a nut-loaf with a sauce, salad and avocado, or sprouted rice.

Snack: Then around three o'clock we will do another in-between meal snack. The kids will eat fruit at this time and we usually make a quart of green juice for ourselves. Under no condition can we get the kids to drink green juice, but they love fruit. I think that all kids are fruit bats. Green juice consists of any green leafy vegetables (kale, chard, spinach), as well as celery and broccoli. We also use parsley.

Dinner: For dinner we usually do a green salad for my wife and I. The kids usually have something along the lines of raw apple pie. Raw apple pie is very rich in proteins, minerals, vitamins, and omega fatty acids. (apples, nuts, oil)

Plus: lots of orange juice throughout the day.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

So how are they getting their vit. B12? They also don't seem to get lots of cholesterol...
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

Yes, they are beautiful! (They are at http://www.thegardendiet.com, Oscar)

It seems the mother has had trouble sticking to the diet long-term. Very few people are able to thrive for a long time without B12 (or cholesterol), and it's definitely not recommended to try. I hope they do well or become open to non-veganism. Such lovely lovely children!

Speaking of veganism, I don't think (anymore) that killing a fish is worse than killing a potato plant. Have you read that article Oscar posted a while ago, Cairidh? There was also a discussion back in Feb with jjah about the food chain and the supposed superiority of some creatures (humans) over other creatures. CurlyGirl gave some nice arguments. Plants and microbes seem to have an even greater level of necessity to the equilibrium of the planet than animals. Even fruits are still alive while ripening (and eating). So many vegans say they know they're not doing what's most healthy, but they couldn't imagine any other way. Imagine! If we all did what was most healthy for us as individuals, the world would be a perfect place! :D
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

I've heard of Jinjee and Storm Talifero before, and I have to say, their children look absolutely marvellous. I wonder whether they are truly 100% raw AND vegan or whether there aren't any occasional lapses into cooked food or (raw/cooked) animal foods to obtain B12 and various other good things. One can never know for sure. But if they are 100% raw and vegan, they must just be genetically predisposed to thriving on that diet - not everybody does. I certainly didn't thrive as a raw vegan.

Here's the thread dadasarah mentioned:
viewtopic.php?t=317
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yep, they do look good. But a raw vegan diet compared to a SAD, would make a huge difference already.

Some deficiencies take some years to surface. Apparently it can take 6-10 years for a B12 deficiency before actual symptoms will start to emerge.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Storm, the father, has been raw vegan for 30 years, and has never suffered from B12 deficiency, so he thinks raw vegans produce their own. I don't believe this and think they will run into trouble eventually...but it may take another generation.

There was a family of natural hygienists who were raw vegans. The children were raised on a raw vegan diet and turned out fine, but *their* children who were also raised raw vegan had problems. These were solved with the addition of raw unsalted cheese and blended lettuce. Perhaps they weren't eating any greens, which are very important on a raw vegan diet. Or perhaps it was lack of B12.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Interesting! And you're sure he's been raw vegan all the time, and doesn't take B12 supplements?
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

dadasarah wrote: Speaking of veganism, I don't think (anymore) that killing a fish is worse than killing a potato plant. Have you read that article Oscar posted a while ago, Cairidh? There was also a discussion back in Feb with jjah about the food chain and the supposed superiority of some creatures (humans) over other creatures. CurlyGirl gave some nice arguments. Plants and microbes seem to have an even greater level of necessity to the equilibrium of the planet than animals. Even fruits are still alive while ripening (and eating). So many vegans say they know they're not doing what's most healthy, but they couldn't imagine any other way. Imagine! If we all did what was most healthy for us as individuals, the world would be a perfect place! :D
Perfect for you, but not for the fish!
Yes I did read that article. It was very interesting and made some good points but didn't stop me being vegan. It takes more crops to feed livestock than it does to feed humans, so more animals have to die to produce meat than to produce a bean burger.

It doesn't matter to me whether animals are necessary to the equilibrium of the planet - they're people with emotions and they feel pain when their throats are slit.
Fruit doesn't feel pain and it's not a living thing - the living thing is the plant and the plant wants fruit to be eaten.

I know we were designed to eat fish and it's part of the natural law, and it's healthier etc but I really can't. But I understand why you do and that's fine. Wild fish maybe causes less harm than beans or grains.

Silly thing is my name actually means fish-trap. Cairidhs were a type of weir built in the highlands of Scotland. But they're now illegal :twisted:
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Oscar wrote:Interesting! And you're sure he's been raw vegan all the time, and doesn't take B12 supplements?
He definately doesn't take and has never taken B12 supplements. He says he's been raw vegan for 30 years but he may have cheated, there's no way of knowing. People lie. *nods gravely*
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Well it does seem genuine to me, so it's good to see that they're doing so well. :)
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

Fruit doesn't feel pain and it's not a living thing - the living thing is the plant and the plant wants fruit to be eaten.
Have you heard of "The Secret Life of Plants" by Peter Tomkins and Christopher Bird? They talk of Cleve Backster, an experienced lie-detector examiner, who hooked up his galvanometer to a plant one day and found that it reacted to threats in the environment.

"More than twenty-five different varieties of plants and fruits were tested, including lettuce, onions, oranges, and bananas...The plants [and fruits] reacted not only to threats from human beings, but to unformulated threats, such as the sudden appearance of a dog in the room or of a person who did not wish them well...If a plant is threatened with overwhelming danger or damage, Backster observed that it reacts self-defensively in a way similar to an opossum--or indeed, to a human being--by "passing out" or going into a deep faint...This experience helped bring Backster to the realization that plants could intentionally be put into a faint, or mesmerized, by humans, that something similar could be involved in the ritual of the slaughterer before an animal is killed in the kosher manner. Communicating with the victim, the killer may tranquilize it into a quiet death, also prevent its flesh from having a residue of "chemical fear" disagreeable to the palate and perhaps noxious to the consumer. This brought up the possibility that plants and succulent fruits might wish to be eaten, but only in a sort of loving ritual, with a real communication between the eater and the eaten--somehow akin to the Christian rite of Communion--instead of the usual heartless carnage."

I think this is similar to what Oscar's article was saying.

I didn't mean to try to stop you being vegan; I just remember you said you ate egg yolks before, and also didn't feel as healthy on a vegan diet. We all want you to be healthy! I confess I worry about you. :cry:
Silly thing is my name actually means fish-trap. Cairidhs were a type of weir built in the highlands of Scotland. But they're now illegal
Ironic!
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

dadasarah wrote: I didn't mean to try to stop you being vegan; I just remember you said you ate egg yolks before, and also didn't feel as healthy on a vegan diet. We all want you to be healthy! I confess I worry about you. :cry:
aww :oops:
I know you were being nice, I was grateful for your message.
I ate just fruit and nuts for 3 weeks because it makes me feel so much better, but a few days ago I started eating veg again and I feel terrible. When my mum saw me she was shocked, she said she hasn't seen me look so dreadful in years. Gee thanks. I had to be careful growing up not to develop a huge ego, what with all the compliments I got :wink:
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Yes I have heard of that book and I've read several articles about it, but never read the book. I didn't know he'd tested fruit, I thought it was just "mother-plants". I'm really surprised he found the same results for fruit. I remember his plants got excited when he decided to return home. (at the exact same moment in time even though there were miles between them - who knew, plants are romantic)

I did read one article which said he got similar results with eggs, and human blood cells, which sort of threw the whole thing into question. I'd have no objection to drinking human blood. Perhaps I should find myself a hungry Vampire. :twisted:
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

I'd have no objection to drinking human blood. Perhaps I should find myself a hungry Vampire.
Heehee!!
I did read one article which said he got similar results with eggs, and human blood cells, which sort of threw the whole thing into question.
Oooh, on the contrary, this points to his "'primary perception' possibly common to all nature" theory. Many humans claim to have a sixth sense, but I think we all do, and have simply lost the ability to consciously use it.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Cairidh,

Where do you live, I am a hungry Vampire :shock:

What choices we have to make in our quest. Sigh.