pets and raw food

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
Iris
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Iris »

Kookaburra wrote:
RRM wrote: There is one cat at my work whom i always feed raw top quality tender beef, tilapia and tuna
You don't think it's a waste of money to feed cats especially in this period of economic downtown?
Huh!? So in times of economic recession, you don't need to feed your pets???
A waste of money is buying kibble for your pets, which consists of nothing but artificially manufactured vitamins and minerals added to waste :wink:
Moreover, its top quality!
I think in every restaurant there is a lot of top quality food wasted. People who don't eat all they order, that food is thrown away.... Moreover, it's an investment in her health.
Those few bits of fish/meat aren't going to hold back our economic growth, you know... I fact, it stimulates sales figures :mrgreen:
Rivera

Re: pets and raw food

Post by Rivera »

Is coconut oil ok as a source of fats for guinea pig?
johndela1

Re:

Post by johndela1 »

Iris wrote: A waste of money is buying kibble for your pets, which consists of nothing but artificially manufactured vitamins and minerals added to waste :wink:
not to mention vet bills caused by poor diet
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote:Is coconut oil ok as a source of fats for guinea pig?
I dont know...
Iris

Re: Re:

Post by Iris »

johndela1 wrote:
Iris wrote: A waste of money is buying kibble for your pets, which consists of nothing but artificially manufactured vitamins and minerals added to waste :wink:
not to mention vet bills caused by poor diet
Indeed! To take an example: one of my moms cats has had bladder problems in the past. Vet couldn't figure out what was the problem exactly, but regularly his bladder got obstructed so he couldn't urinate. Thus, at some point, his bladder was about to crack. This happened multiple times. It weren't kidney stones... He and we were under a lot of stress because of it (vet was already talking about the change we had to put him in :( ) Ofcourse, the vet tried to sell us some special kind of cat food (kibble and cans). But my mom finally started feeding them raw (this is 3 years ago). Since then, he hasn't had any health problems whatsoever.
My moms other cat often drooled :shock: back when she ate kibble. Not a little bit, strings of like 15 cm long (sorry for the details :wink: ). Also, she had the strange habit of eating nets :shock: (those crocheted things onions etc often come in). She never did both again after my mom started feeding her raw prey.

I can't tell the difference in my dogs; they both never had one single piece of kibble from me. Both are perfectly healthy, muscled and very canty! But I think you can often see the difference. Dogs looking like dead man walking, sedated. Not brisk at all! There muscle tone is different. And they often suffer from some kind of ailment...

Also, to come back at the wastefulness... because of what I just told, I can't find it a waste of anything to feed pets this way. But also, the food they eat is not going to be used otherwise (looking at what our pets eat, at least) :!: Like tribe. Nearly nobody here (in Holland) eats that stuff (except for some people with foreign roots maybe). And one day old chicks our cats eat a lot. They get minced alive often, because they are of no use (no profit). The ones sold as animal food (a lot of animals/pets eat them; snakes, ferrets, cats, birds of prey and so on) are being frozen... Even the meat our pets eat is not going to be eaten by any human. Not delicate and tender enough for "us". When we're lucky, the meat comes from an old cow. Then we get beautiful pieces of meat, as people won't eat it because it's tough. But our dogs love it! Also, they love to eat sheep-, salmon-, reindeer- and other heads. Again, next to nobody here will eat such thing. Not to mention when it's raw! But actually, it's very healthy (because of the brain and eyes). Organs the same. So all this is otherwise thrown away... Now THAT'S what I call a waste!!!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »