Gourmet food and Wai's

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
spring
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Gourmet food and Wai's

Post by spring »

I have noticed a lot that the top restaurants serve Wai-like food. The top chefs seem to use a lot of fresh and raw ingredients in their master-pieces. Sashimi is featured a lot in the gourmet food of today. Food that is adulterated little is popular. You could have some meat/fish/other protein with some vegetables and fruit (including tomato), all raw or lightly steamed, with some oil drizzled on top. This is what gourmet food has evolved to. It's interesting to think that the most expensive meals in the world might be the most healthy .. and we all know how much raw fresh caviar (seafood) is prized .. and it is usually served without much adornment.

Gourmet dishes now are very simple dishes to make on the whole. There's nothing that elaborate about the presentation - it looks like the food was caught in the ocean or plucked from the garden and landed on the plate in one simple move.

Much like raw eating actually.

I am not into gourmet food personally. If I am going to pay for something so expensive I feel more preparation should have gone into it. Because I could make the same dish myself at home and save a bucket of money. And for me, the food looks a little boring and plain. But I suppose I must not have healthy instincts because many people don't feel the same that I do and appreciate the gourmet dishes not just for the looks but for the taste. Health considerations come into it a bit, I guess, but I don't think that's the main motivation, especially for many gourmands who really are conoisseurs of food and for whom the taste is more important than the health aspects I would think.

But have a look at any glossy food magazine or book, especially ones that feature fusion dishes or dishes from all over the world, and you will often find the simple dishes, like the Vietnamese wrap (a concoction of fresh veggies, some meat wrapped up in a wheat wafer) or a sashimi-like dish of raw salmon with crisp raw veggies are the ones that dominate the pages. The raw dishes of each country's cuisine is considered in vogue these days. I doubt the chefs are raw foodists though - it is a strange coincidence, and perhaps makes the Wai diet a very high-class of diet, the sort of diet that millionaires eat or can afford (although the Wai diet is affordable because we don't hire four star chefs to prepare the meals).