Agriculture, ecology and the Wai diet

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
spring
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Agriculture, ecology and the Wai diet

Post by spring »

This might have been discussed previously but I've forgotten where so I'll bring it up again.

What are the implications of the Wai diet for our planet? If we take the Wai diet as the starting point as the diet most healthful, the most fit, and the most 'right' diet for homo sapiens, and just let's say we live in an ideal society where everybody follows this diet, would that solve the ecological problems the earth suffers today? Or would it mean more or the same number of people starving and making war to take over the most productive orchards?

Would farming be a relic of the past, or would farming still continue on in the same fashion, but with fruit being grown instead of grains as the main crop?

Could farming becoming more organic with less dependence on pesticides and fertilizers? Would farming of fruits be a viable proposition in some areas of the world that support the farming of wheat and other grain crops but whose temperate climate has never been known to yield large amounts of fruit unlike tropical coutnries?

Would the economy of the world change, with power being concentrated in tropical countries where fruit grows well, or will there be jostling for power by multinational conglomerates, and the current situation of a few huge companies like Heinz, Del Monte, United Foods etc., running estates and plantations employing laborers and ruining and poisoning the soil with massive amounts of chemicals, prevail in this new food paradigm?

Would the world's population shrink? Would the health industry be a less important part of society?

Would people get smarter overall? Would there be less ADD, less crime, less deviancy in general due to the effect of healthier brains from benefiting from the cholesterol in the diet (the good kind of cholesterol)?

Would people be living longer, and be more active in their old age, so that the quality of life is increased over one's lifespan, not just the quantity of life?

I think this is possible but the profit motive would destroy everything and make the farming of fruits into an agri-business I would tend to think. There would be genetic-modifying of fruits to make them disease-resistant. There would be mono-culture with the loss of diversity of species. A disease could strike and bam! the whole crop is gone.

But it might not go like this. If everyone realized the importance of keeping the oceans pollution-free because everybody depended on the oceans to supply them with raw fish, there might be less dumping of chemicals into the sea.

Similarly, free-range eggs might become the norm instead of battery-farming, to preserve the quality of the eggs.

As people are eating all the produce raw, there may be pressure on farmers not to flood their fields with chemicals as most consumers would now prefer their food organic and chemical-free as much as possible.

Breast-feeding according to Wai's recommendations would become widespread giving to the rise of brainy babies with mild happy dispositions, and the birthing of children would be spaced out due to the ovulation-suppression effects of lactation. Women would no longer have to depend on the pill for contraceptive needs. Breastfeeding would be given an important position in society. New mothers would be given an allowance to stay home for the first four years of their babies' lives so that they can breastfeed their babies and provide for their children without having to find work. It would promote maternal-infant bonding and decrease the incidence of child abuse and neglect. New mothers who work would be catered for the building of creches in every work place. This would increase productivity as mothers would have peace of mind about their children.

Childhood health problems would be on the decrease. They would go on to produce healthy families themselves. And so the cycle would continue.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

This might sound pesamistic, but I think just because we eat good people will still be selfish.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Pfff, difficult question... :)

I think more than just a diet change would be needed. On the other hand, getting to a diet like the Wai Diet already requires a different mentality.

I'm not sure. :?