Wikipedia.. Reshaping WaiSays.com

Web-lay-out suggestions, functionality, reporting dead links etc
Wintran
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Wikipedia.. Reshaping WaiSays.com

Post by Wintran »

Have you guys been to Wikipedia.org? It's an enormous open encyclopedia that anyone can read and edit. It's one of the best websites I know on the Internet.

I think we should start an article on Wai's diet, as it would be a good opportunity to summarize and promote it with links to both the forum and the main site. What do you think?

The starting question is what name the article should have. Should it be "WaiSays" or "Wai (diet)" or something completely different?
Hannes
Monique

Re: Wikipedia.. Reshaping WaiSays.com

Post by Monique »

Originally posted by Wintran:
The starting question is what name the article should have. Should it be "WaiSays" or "Wai (diet)" or something completely different?
Maybe "anti acne diet", or "radical anti acne diet", so that the title shows what it is about?
Excellent idea, by the way, this encyclopedia Wintran!
nick

Post by nick »

Terrific Idea!

The "No More Acne" Diet would be fitting.

no products, no special deals, no special health secrets, just the simple plain truth, which is hard enough.

Does anyone have an idea as to how to we go about such a thing?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Doesn't the site give instructions as to how to go about it?
Wintran

Post by Wintran »

Glad you like the idea!

Here are some basic instructions and thoughts how we could continue from here:

It's very easy to start a new Wikipedia article. Just go to Wikipedia.org, write the title you would like the article to have in the search box, click "Go" and then click on the link "create an article with this title". Registration (which is free, of course) is never required but can be a good idea if you plan to contribute a lot, as it allows you to "watch" a specific article, keeping track of all the changes made to that article.

In the top tab of most articles you can click on "Edit this page" to edit the article or just take a look at how the editing is done. Just be careful when using the "Save page" button on the edit page, and always preview and view your changes before saving the article. Only when you save are the changes actually made to the real article. Feel free to edit any page you like if you think it can be improved. If other people don't agree they will just reverse your changes (very easily done because all history is kept), or, preferably, start a discussion on the talk page (also in the top tab). It's good to respect other people's changes, but don't be afraid to make changes of your own if you believe they will make the article better.

I recommend you take a look at a couple of other Wikipedia articles first, such as the acne article, to get a hang of how to organize the article. The acne article could itself be extended with more information on how food affects acne, maybe with a link to the soon-to-be-created article on Wai's diet.

If you're interested in more in-depth information on how to write a quality Wikipedia article, you can check these links out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... ct_article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... r_articles
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... nt_of_view
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... onventions

In our case, I think it's important to remember to write the article as unbiased as possible, aiming for a neutral point of view. This means that even though most of us here truly believe in this diet, we should instead of writing "this diet cures acne" write something like "this diet states that it can cure acne for the following reasons..." etc.

Does anyone have time to write a base article? It's enough with a short summary. I'm still not sure about the title, does this diet have an official name yet? And should the article be centered around the diet itself or the website WaiSays.com?

Remember that we can always move the article to a different title later (quite easy) and it can always be rewritten from scratch and edited as much as we want. It's better to get started with something bad than nothing at all.
Hannes
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Maybe you can make a short blueprint, so that others can make comments and suggest alterations?
Wintran

Post by Wintran »

I can try to write an introduction as soon as I get time, but I don't know exactly when that will be. If anyone else wants to get started feel free to do so and post the text here or even start the Wikipedia article yourself.

Do you have any thoughts on the title, RPM? Which of the suggestions do you like best so far?
Hannes
Wintran

Post by Wintran »

RPM -> RRM, sorry for misspelling
Hannes
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I think I like Nick's "No More Acne Diet" best
nick

Post by nick »

Sounds Good!

If you read the online book, you'll notice how questions are asked then answered. We should keep that as well maybe?

Or just a short and sweet summary of the concept of cooked food, "dirty" protein, and how it causes acne through the lymphatic system and skin?

We should emphasize the concept of the pinched off sebum canals and high sebum production, because only those two are needed for acne, except for high hormone levels. This would dispell the myth of hormones being the sole reason for acne.

I like the "sample diet" page, which lists all the rules, maybe this could be included, so as people can see the reasoning behind the diet...?
Wintran

Post by Wintran »

Sounds good!

I just got another idea as well: How about we create another article called "Wai Says" meant to provide a summary of the waisays.com website and all of Wai's theories, as many of them also regard other things than acne? There could still be an article called "No Acne Diet" or something like that, which refers specifically to the anti-acne effect of following her recommendations.
Hannes
nick

Post by nick »

I'll have something in the next few days...
Wintran

Post by Wintran »

Sounds great, nick! I haven't had time to write anything yet, and probably won't for a couple of weeks I'm afraid.

If you need help with creating the article page at Wikipedia.org I can give you a hand.
Hannes
nick

Post by nick »

Here is what I have come up with. Suggestions are definitely welcomed, as I haven't done a comprehensive report...

Acne is caused by the combination of 2 factors:
1. A high sebum production
2. Retaining water, pinching off sebum canals
If one of these 2 is absent, you don't have acne.

1 can be caused by elevated hormone levels, or other factors not determined by hormones.

2 can also be caused by hormones, and/or by the food that you eat.
So, if your hormones cause 1, a high sebum production, and food causes 2, retained water that pinches off the sebum canals, then the sample diet can eliminate your acne. But if both 1 and 2 are caused by your hormones, the diet will not sufficiently work for you.

Acne is caused only if you have a high sebum production and if your skin is pinched off due to water attracting substances. If you have an oily skin but no acne, then your skin isn’t pinched off. If you don’t have an oily skin but have a swollen/thicker face, then your skin could be pinched off due to water attracting substances.

So what are these water-attracting substances? When you heat/cook food you originate new substances, and one of these substances are proteins that react with carbohydrates, this is called “the Maillard reaction”. Heat changes their chemical make-up and digestive enzymes cannot fully break down these “dirty” protein peptides, connected chains of amino acids. The blood can absorb single amino acids to be utilized for repair and construction, but the blood cannot absorb protein peptides as effectively. Instead, the Lymphatic system, which is designed for these larger molecules, absorbs these protein peptides as well as other nutrients, where enzymes break them down to be utilized, because organs and the blood cannot use these Maillard reaction products and protein peptides. The human body is built around efficiency and the lymphatic system ensures that vital nutrients are not wasted. The only catch is that the ‘lymph-express’ empties its cargo into the skin, where this “dirty” protein attracts water from the true skin, pinching off the sebum canals.

The true skin is below the outer layer, and contains much water (1.8 to 4.4 gallons), which 80% is available for localized swelling of the skin. Protein has water-attracting properties and since the ‘lymph-express’ transports these ‘dirty’ proteins to the true skin, it attracts water the lymph, blood and from the outer skin.

Because ‘dirty’ protein distracts water from the outer layer of skin, this has a dehydrating effect, taking away moisture (water) from the outer layer. This dehydrates the outer layer, which your skins counter-acts by increasing the amount of sebum, which has a hydrating effect. This can exacerbate the acne, as the more sebum is produced the more the sebum canals can be pinched. Sebum is essential to keep the skin young and flexible, it is not the cause of acne. Only when the sebum canals are pinched can there be a problem. So we need to decrease the amount of ‘dirty’ protein in order to decrease the water pressure in our skin. The ‘Acne Sample Diet’ is a diet that excludes such toxins.

The 'Acne Sample Diet'-rules
The rules are there to exclude all other possible causes (except for stress of course). Breaking a rule is no disaster, but if only you break one rule during these two weeks, you need to start from day one again.

1) You should maximally consume 100 gram (3.5oz.) fresh raw fish /-egg yolk a day. This because redundant protein can easily increase the blood-protein level, since blood protein level can fluctuate very much; from 100% (alanine) up to 900% (cystiene). A too high blood protein level can elevate the protein level in the true skin, making the skin temporarily retain more water, pinching off sebum canals. But if If you intensively work out, you can consume much more 'clean' protein, since then the body very effectively utilizes extra protein.

2) You should eat some raw Brazil nuts (only if shelled by hand), avocado or a few bites of the salad that is covered with sufficient olive oil after every time you have eaten some fruits / fresh juices. This to stabilize the blood sugar level.

3) If you want to eat the fruits, salad and sashimi in one meal; first eat the fruits, then the salad and finally the sashimi, to prevent cramps / gasses / bloating.

4) You should remain physically inactive for at least 1.5 hours after every time you have consumed some fresh raw fish or –egg yolk.

5) Juices from pressed fruits (like orange juice) or from the juice extractor are perfectly fine to consume, but not shakes that you make by the use of a blender / mixer (especially when mixing / blending banana).
This because the high rotation speed of the knives in the blender / mixer originates 'heat at a molecular level', due to friction. Somehow, this is originates acne- causing molecules in banana in particular.

6) While on this sample diet you cannot use any topical or hormonal treatment (no Murrad, no Differin etc.), because any of these can also aggravate acne. (Browse through the archives of on-line acne discussion boards)
You should be off all antibiotics during two weeks before you can start with the sample diet. This because antibiotics weaken your defense system, which can be dangerous when you are going to eat fresh raw egg yolks or fresh raw fish.

7) You cannot use any moisturizer. Moisturizers contain chemicals that are absorbed in your skin to attract water, which may lead to an increased water-pressure in the true skin, which pinches off sebum canals, causing acne if also much sebum is produced. To protect your outer skin from dehydration you instead should use a fingertip of oil (that is low in vitamin E, since vit. E accelerates shedding of the skin) and spread that all over your face (that is still a bit moist) after you have cleaned it with a mild cleansing lotion.

8) Don't clean your face with tap water, but with low-mineral bottled water. (like Volvic, el dorado or Montcalm) Chemicals in tap water can trigger allergic-like reactions that cause sebum canals to be pinched off. Excessive chloride and other minerals in tap water dehydrate the skin, thus causing dry flaky patches on the face. You don't need to buy a special water sprayer for your face; you can use a plant sprayer filled with low-mineral bottled water, of course.

9) You cannot take any supplement while on this diet, because all supplements contain ingredients that can cause acne (like gelatin). This diet abundantly supplies you with all required nutrients.

10) You need to keep in mind that it is easy to consume too little food while on this diet.
If you are experiencing a lack of energy, you need to consume more fresh juices (see rule 5) instead of whole fruits, and then you also better add some oil and sugar to these juices.

11) You need to keep a journal during these two weeks, regarding what you eat and the condition of your skin, so that an analysis can be made in case things are not according to expectations.
Wintran

Post by Wintran »

I've now posted the article at Wikipedia and made some changes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_More_Acne_Diet

However, at first glance some people considered this article to be advertisment spamming, and a discussion has been started regarding if this article is suitable or not. It's said that we need to write it in a more neutral manner so that it's not seen as biased. You can vote and discuss whether or not the article should be deleted at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... _Acne_Diet

If you want to participate in the discussion, please be sure to read the full discussion and provide a reason to why you think it should stay. Remember that this has nothing to do with if the diet itself is good or bad, only if the article is appropriate to Wikipedia. So far I've been the only one supporting it, because I've seen so many other articles on Wikipedia about diets that are much less serious than Wai's: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Diets

View the next page of this thread >>>
Hannes