nutrition calculator

Web-lay-out suggestions, functionality, reporting dead links etc
somebodyelse
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

nutrition calculator

Post by somebodyelse »

Is there ever going to be a download for the nutrition calculator?

Does anyone know a free one that works the same as it?
somebodyelse

Post by somebodyelse »

So I don't have to stay online all the time to use it.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I have no idea...there are some which are all online, but so far I haven't seen any downloadable ones.
Brian
Administrator

Post by Brian »

You can just save the webpage the calculator is found on and then load it even when offline, and it will work fine.

So go to to http://www.3.waisays.com/calculator.html and in your web browser select File -> Save As, then save the file on your desktop or wherever you want it, then just double click on it like opening a file and it will open your web browser using the copy you have on your computer.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Ah yes, good thinking Brian! :D
cb

Post by cb »

I think what's needed is a Web Service for the calculator, that way anyone can easily hook into the calculators functions simply by passing it data from anywhere (be it another website, windows application, os x widget, mobile phone application etc.)

I've had a look at the source code for the calculator and it seems like simple logic that would easily be ported over to another language (there's just lots of it to convert over). This might be a nice little side project for me once I've finished up on the private work that I'm doing and things settle down at work. My way oof contributing back to the community :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

That would be great! :D