Too many subsections

Web-lay-out suggestions, functionality, reporting dead links etc
spring
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Too many subsections

Post by spring »

I would like to point out that there are too many sub-sections in this forum. Some are not that much different to the other. When I make a new thread it is hard to know where to put it because of the numerous categories to choose from. Also checking people's threads to see if there is a similar one to the one I want to start - too many subforums to check.

This forum has become really confusing to navigate.

I propose a simpler structure, just four or five main forums.

As the human mind, I have read, can only retain a maximum of four pieces of information at the one time. By the time one checked out the tenth subforum on the bottom, the mind struggles to differentiate between the different subforums and oen becomes very wary of doing the wrong thing and starting a thread in the wrong subforum.

Also, I think it's time for the EDIT function to be put in. It looks silly to start a new post to correct what one has written in the post above. I try and check my posts before I press submit but sometimes the eye misses things and mistakes only become noticeable once they're up on the proper screen. Most civilized boards incorporate an EDIT function. Just some helpful suggestions, I think.
spring

Last ten posts

Post by spring »

This might already be present and I just can't find it, but if it isn't, how about a last ten posts function?
andyville

Post by andyville »

I for one agree on this. I believe the sections actually make sense, but the problem is that the activity is so low (only a couple of new posts daily) so having to browse all different sections to read new posts, actually takes longer time than actually reading the posts. With such low activity, I would recommend decreasing the number of sections.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'm going to have a meeting with RRM pretty soon, to talk about the future. We have a new idea for the forum, but we'll have to see how soon we can/want to implement it. In any case, I'll take this into the meeting. :)
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Hi Spring,
I don't know if you use it but there is a preview function while you are writing your post that could come in handy to see your post in its actual format before submitting.