Emeira's Diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Emeira
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Emeira's Diary

Post by Emeira »

First of all I apologize for my English!
I´m lithuanian :)
25 years female. (1.77cm. 63-64kg)

My Lifestyle:
• Sedentary work ( 8 hours)
• Walking 1-2 hours/day
• 10 years I had been suffering from bulimia.
(I am fully recovered from it now, Big Thanks to meditation and book: “Binge over brain” by Kathryn Hansen )
• Because of bulimia, now I have amenorrhoea for really long time :(
• Suffering from constipation, have sensitive digestive system
• Sleeplessness / Dry skin / lack of energy / cellulite / swollen body, face
• I do not have the acne problems

What do i want the most: IS TO GET MY MENSTRUAL BACK :(

There was 1-2 days in the beginning of Wai diet, when I suddenly felt very energetic , soft skin, my body was more flexible, flat belly, good mood and so on… But now, (third week on this diet 100%) I eat plenty of solid fruits, every 30 minutes (especially apples, bananas, nectarines, peaches, watermelons, grapes, cucumber, tomatoes + olive oil) I cannot imagine drinking juice all day, because I always want something to chew on. Then 5 egg yolks in the morning and other 5 before going to sleep. I have not tried to eat the fish yet. I do not eat nuts, dry fruits, avocado… they are very expensive in my country
But now I feel, ech… :( very bloated, have swollen face in the morning , no energy, headache all day, sometimes still suffer from constipation, obsessive thinking when and what to eat, I think my eye sight getting worse and I I noticed some acne on forehead.

I know that I am doing something wrong, too much fiber? Too much egg yolks? Eating too often?
It is difficult to imagine the rest of my life drinking only juice.
Maybe you can advise what I need to change in my diet. :roll:
Big thanks :!:
dime

Re: Emeira's Diary

Post by dime »

Do you eat any fat with the fruits? Maybe a teaspoon of olive or coconut oil with each fruit?
Maybe you got sick? Might be a good idea to slow down and eat a bit less and sleep more until you start feeling better.

It's certainly possible that fiber is causing you constipation.. at least for me some fruits (especially bananas) always cause bad constipation. Try to figure out which fruits might be problematic for you.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Do I have to eat fat after each fruit? Well, I do eat, but not after every meal.
I probably got sick, my temperature is 98.6 F = 37 celcius. Hmmm... strange, I hope it is not because of raw egg yolks. The last time I remember getting cold was over 5 years ago.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Welcome, Emeira.
Emeira wrote:now, (third week on this diet 100%) I eat plenty of solid fruits... I cannot imagine drinking juice all day, because I always want something to chew on.
... very bloated, have swollen face in the morning , no energy, headache all day
Thats the fiber from the wole fruis
the energy that goes to digestion and the lack of readily available energy.
You need a slow juicer and an orange press.
I know that I am doing something wrong, too much fiber?
yes
Too much egg yolks?
no
Eating too often?
no way
Maybe you can advise what I need to change in my diet.
juice, juice, juice
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote:my temperature is 98.6 F = 37 celcius.
The normal range is 36.5–37.5 °C,
so your temp is perfectly normal...
dime

Post by dime »

Mine is typically 36, and yesterday I measured 35.8. I hope the thermometer is fucked up, because those numbers are really low.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Today I started drinking carrot / cucumber / orange juice. Feeling much better now. Four days ago (in Chinese restaurant) I was eating cooked fruits with warm honey sauce. Could this cause constipation?
I did not like the taste of warm fruits :? too sweet :(

RRM: what to eat if I want to get my menstrual back? Eat more olive/coconut oil? Are nuts/raw fish necessary?
Now I am eating 10 yolks a day, do I have to eat more?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote: I was eating cooked fruits with warm honey sauce. Could this cause constipation?
Thats possible, yes.
RRM: what to eat if I want to get my menstrual back?
Always ingest sufficient energy when needed,
and of course eating raw egg yolks.
If you do that, im sure your menstruation will come back soon.
Eat more olive/coconut oil?
No, thats not necessary.
Do you have an active lifestyle? (physically)
Are nuts/raw fish necessary?
No, but its optimal (regarding nutrients) to alternate yolks with fish some times.
Now I am eating 10 yolks a day, do I have to eat more?
No, that should be plenty.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

I am lightly active, to keep myself in shape, in morning I go jogging 1-3 times/week, then I do some exercises. I walk from work to home everyday and it lasts about 90 minutes. I work in the office, sitting all day long.
Now I want to learn Tai Chi.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

That seems perfectly fine to me.
You will need extra sugars each day you go jogging,
so make sure your body gets it in time.
Please keep us posted.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Hi :)
Yesterday I tried eating raw salmon (from supermarket) for the first time in my life :) and It was tasty :)
I have also noticed i am craving for raw egg yolks.
My boyfriend freaked out when he saw me eating raw egg yolks, he thinks that it is very very VERY unhealthy and dangerous. He wants to know Is there any proof that consuming raw egg yolks are safe and why it is good for women's health. He wants to read some articles (from PubMed) about that.

Do you know any good links?
dime

Post by dime »

Salmonella can happen in like 1 in 20000 eggs I think, but if you buy organic free-range eggs from healthy chicken the chance of salmonella should be much less.
The best proof about the safety of raw egg yolks is probably that on this forum we are all eating up to 10-15 raw.

They are healthy because they contain good cholesterol, which has very important functions in the body of both men and women, along with a bunch of other vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, essential fats, etc.
Read this maybe: http://www.waiworld.com/waicure/fishandeggs.html
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote:Is there any proof that consuming raw egg yolks are safe
My daughter eats fresh raw egg yolk since she was only 3 months old...
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3042
She eats 3 raw egg yolks daily now (she is 1 year old now).
Wiki wrote:infants and young children are much more susceptible to infection, easily achieved by ingesting a small number of bacteria
So, we started with giving her only one drop of egg yolk daily,
so that her body got used to dealing with tiny amounts (small traces) of salmonella.
Then, gradually, we started giving her more.
She never got diarrhea, which is the first symptom of salmonellosis.

Salmonella is a bacteria.
Your intestines contain over 400 different bacteria.
Your body knows very well how to regulate their numbers;
how to deal with bacteria.
Wiki:
"Salmonella ... are found worldwide in cold- and warm-blooded animals (including humans), and in the environment."
Bacteria may be dangerous when your body does not know how to deal with them.
This may happen if you expose your body to bacteria too little.
Thats why people in elderly homes are most vulnerable:
they generally get to eat 'safe' sterile foods.
The result: their bodies are no longer adequately trained to deal with bacteria in foods.
Wiki wrote:"must be ingested in large numbers to cause disease in healthy adults"
...and only can cause illness if one is not properly trained.
Wiki wrote:"A recent analysis of Salmonella-related deaths showed these were predominantly among older adults and those who were immunocompromised".Cummings PL et al
Something similar happens when you travel abroad, to an exotic far away country with very different dietary habits.
The locals are doing fine eating the local foods.
You, however, may be untrained regarding the local bacteria,
so that you may get sick from eating that local food.
Does that mean that this local food is dangerous?
No, it means that your body wasnt properly trained.
The same goes for salmonella;
if you expose your body to bacteria regularly, it will be able to deal with those bacteria.
So, its very good that eggs always contain (often extremely low) levels of salmonella.
That will train your body,
so much so that it will be able to deal with any food that may contain high levels of salmonella,
unlike people who are less well trained.
Emeira wrote:Is there any proof that consuming raw egg yolks are safe ...He wants to read some articles (from PubMed) about that.
Wiki:
Interior egg yolk salmonella contamination is theoretically unlikely.Okamura M et al Gast RK et al
Even under natural conditions, the rate of infection was found to be very small (0.6% in a study of naturally-contaminated eggs Humphrey TJ et al and 3.0% among artificially- and heavily-infected hens Gast RK et al.
The main real sources of salmonellosis:
Wiki wrote:- Infected food, often gaining an unusual look or smell, then is introduced into the stream of commerce;
- Poor kitchen hygiene, especially problematic in institutional kitchens and restaurants because this can lead to a significant outbreak;
- Excretions from either sick or infected but apparently clinically healthy people and animals (especially endangered are caregivers and animals);
- Polluted surface water and standing water (such as in shower hoses or unused water dispensers);
- Unhygienically thawed fowl (the meltwater contains many bacteria);
- An association with reptiles (pet tortoises, snakes, iguanas[23][24] and frogs, but primarily aquatic turtles) is well described.[25]
why it is good for women's health.
Egg yolks are more nutrient-dense than any other food in the world.
Besides that, its an excellent source of good cholesterol read article,
which is needed for making estrogen and progesterone (triggering progesterone production Arikan S et al; key event in luteolysis of the corpus luteum),
and to replenish lost cholesterol due to menstruation.
There are significant differences in cholesterol (free and esterified) levels during the menstrual phase.
Total cholesterol (free and esterified) is significantly lower in the menstrual phase, rises on average 9.2% in follicular phase, and declines slightly in luteal phase. Lussier-Cacan S et al
Cholesterol levels are highest around ovulation. Mumford SL
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Thank you for the information :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think most people on the Wai Diet (including my 81yo mother) have consumed thousands of egg yolks without any issues, so, while not scientific proof, it does indicate that the threat level is minimal. Of course gradually increasing the amount is adviced.