teeth

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Chin-Chin
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Chin-Chin »

That's sad sad news because I love blending (I don't care that much for juicing), but if my teeth keep giving me warning signs, I've got to figure out another solution.

To answer your question, Johndale, I experienced tooth problems immediately after drinking blended fruit shakes. So I think there's a direct link between tooth aches and fruit juice.

Haven't tried dried fruit or nuts, but I would imagine that dried fruits would be terrible for the teeth, because the acidity and the sugar really stick to the teeth.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hey, has anyone mixed a little baking soda into their orange juice- to neutralize the acidity? I've recently ready a few recipes like this as fun smoothies for Kids!

Is baking soda safe in a drink???
Considering there's worry over high acid in juice, maybe this would work??? Ideas anyone? Theories?
avo

Post by avo »

Hmm, it will make the juice very salty, no? When an acid is neutralized with a base, it creates salts. So while you may get rid of the acidity, would you really want to drink it? Also, it may cause indigestion and poor assimilation, it would be like taking an antacid with a meal; it will mask the acid symptoms but dilute and neutralize digestive juices to some degree. It may not be much of a problem, considering it is just juice and oil. It would be more of a problem if you took some with, say, a whole orange.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Good News!
I went to the dentist today and he said my teeth and guns looked fine!
He said that my gums were sensitive in some places but that it's common, especially in women...
I had a deep cavity last year that still gives me pain from time to time and I wanted him to check this out. He said it was healing but because the gum had receeded slightly in this place that was the reason I'm feeling pain with cold water etc...
Last year I almost got a root canal on that tooth but now he said there is no point: Just let it heal!
So it's possible to have good teeth and gums!
avalon

Post by avalon »

Corrine:
I had a deep cavity last year that still gives me pain from time to time and I wanted him to check this out.
Are you saying you had a cavity, but left alone? What do you brush with, If I may ask? I am looking into alternative brushing compounds for I now do have some problems???

Very interested :D

I was thinking so many people, not only on wai worry about the high acidity of fruits and their juices- on thooth enamel. is there a way to neutralize the acidity in some way??? witout affecting digestion.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

I had a deep cavity and the dentist fixed/filled it but it was borderline root canal situation. He didn't doo this. Now it's healing but very slowly!

i used water to brush my teeth once a day before bedtime. This works fine.
I also rinse my mouth after eating from time to time...maybe once a day sometimes less.
avalon

Post by avalon »

:cry: I was strangely hoping to hear you'd reversed a cavity...heavy sigh.

Glad you are good though :D
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Hello all,

I subscribe to the Toothsoap Newsletter/Blog, and I thought this tidbit from today's newsletter might be of interest to some here:

"Yellow Teeth Can Be a Good Thing!

One customer read a testimonial at our site about yellowing teeth, and we had to share the comment because we had never heard of yellow teeth being a 'good thing' before. Our standard answer about teeth showing color after using Tooth Soap has been to use 'Tooth Brightener', because Tooth Soap contains ZERO abrasives, and since many natural foods leave stains on clean teeth, one would need to use an occasional abrasive to keep them bright. But the following comment made us think...

"In your testimonials section Julie Wolf wrote that her teeth turned yellow after using the ToothSoap. Teeth turning yellow in many cases is quite often the initial stages of remineralization and tooth regeneration. The most famous incident of this is Sergei Boutenko who had his fillings actually fall out when his teeth began to regenerate. He reported that the new tooth growth in beginning stages was initially yellow and then eventually became white over time." -- Cinzia Mattioni

Fascinating, isn't it? We are all taught that once we get our permanent teeth it is a done deal and re- enamelization is over. We are brainwashed into thinking nothing can be done to repair teeth but drilling and filling with poison. This is simply NOT TRUE! Your teeth are alive just like every other part of your body and they can heal if given the proper environment...."

Cool, huh? :)

~Amber
spring

Post by spring »

I think it was the dried fruit. Little hard pieces that didn't dissolve or get digested by salivary enzymes stayed in the crevices of my teeth, in between two teeth and in cavities that I had, and would not be easily removed by daily brushing. In time, they would cause rotting of the teeth and so that must be why bits of my teeth are falling off.

A few days ago, bits of another tooth fell off. This time it was a lower molar. It was painless when it happened and the bigger-sized chunk that fell off had some decay on one side. This happened when I was picking at my teeth with a toothpick.

It might be another reason to stay off munch food, and I am going to include dried fruit in that category even though Wai doesn't, because dried fruit really is cooked fruit as that's how it's mostly processed these days, not by air-drying. Because most of the time I have been cleaning out my teeth with a toothpick, I have removed remnants of munchfood, like cooked meat. Although occasionally I have had to remove fibers of fruit I have eaten that got stuck between my teeth, but usually I can feel they are stuck and the fibers are easily dislodged.

Also I need to stay away from fresh raw pineapple because they have the fiber problem (of getting stuck in the teeth) and the digestive enzymes problem.

I think I will clean my teeth out more frequently with a toothpick. Toothbrushing isn't enough.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good idea. :)

This picture I got from the Weston A. Price site (The Invisible Toothbrush article), which shows the factors involved in tooth decay.

tooth decay=susceptible tooth+bacteria+sugar

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
Public Health Service, National Institutes of Health
NIH Publication No. 80-1146
Much less clearly understood is the importance of the inner world, namely gingival tissue metabolism, to foreign and external accumulations. In the past, plaque has been regarded as inert matter. Now it is recognized that this so-called debris is a microcosm containing myriads of living neutrophils and other formed elements. Its environs are remarkably similar to human blood and tissue fluid. As such, it should—and does—reflect metabolic changes within the host tissues.
Another study found marked differences in foreign accumulations between Adventist and non-Adventist teenagers. The authors concluded that they were related to diet and not to differences in brushing frequency.
Simply said: health of the host and of teeth depends on diet.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Well, what I've noticed over the past weeks is that while eating dried fruits (high concentrated sugars), the fluid formed in my mouth after chewing gives me pain in one specific tooth. This tooth was recently cured of a deep cavity and is still sensitive. Only this food, and if I brush a bit too vigurously causes pain. To me this makes sense then what you posted Oscar. Normally there is no more bacteria left in this tooth so no further cavities will form...
nick

Post by nick »

After about a year on the Wai diet, I can have stoped using toothpaste and notice that my teeth have improved. They are much stronger.

I think eating mostly fruits with this diet combined with toothpaste lead to some demineralisation and since I stopped using toothpaste, those areas that were demineralized are 're-mineralising'. My gums are less irritated too, which is great!

I think Oscar is right about not using toothpaste but perhaps some adjustments need to be while on this diet before stopping with toothpaste.
It just takes some listening to your body.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good to hear! :)
tjfillion

Post by tjfillion »

Hi, back from under the woodwork!

I don't know where you guys stand now on teeth problems, but reread that article Curliegurl posted by Dr. Gerard F. Judd. Sure, it's a bit fanatical, but he has good advice.

I would take heed of what he says about drinking water. Some of his advice is basically after eating or drinking anything, follow with some water to wash it off the teeth. Sounds simple enough. Since you guys drink bottled water anyway, flouride won't be an issue.

I know a lot of people replace water with juice, and this could be one possible cause of teeth issues. The juice leaves something (acids, enzymes, sugars ... I have no idea) that water does not leave. So, perhaps, just have a few more sips of water here and there, even after juice.

Have good investigations!
Tim
tjfillion

Post by tjfillion »

Oh and one more important issue. In the world of man, we must follow the precations of man ... and in the world of nature, listen to nature.

So, with diet, if we eat processed foods, we must use a second invention, toothpaste, to battle the negative side-effects of those foods.

But, if we eat a natural diet, then man's precations are no longer neccessary. We must protect our teeth by the laws of nature (which is still a science, just a different type). I don't know what nature's laws would be ... that is part of the game! But mass-market toothpaste seems to not be what nature would offer us to keep our pearly whites.

It's like the issue of shoes and barefeet. In the city, I wear shoes .. .there is broken glass and cigarette butts. My feet are not made to deal with those.

But on the beach, grass, outside, and if feeling adventurous, in the woods, I can go barefoot.

Make sense? Happy eating!