Photo Log - post Accutane -> on Accutane

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
Squash
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Photo Log on the Sample Diet

Post by Squash »

RRM wrote:What part of the skin is it a picture of?
It's a picture of my left cheek. Maybe someone could edit that into the OP, to not cause any confusion.

Day 6 of Photo Log
Day 58 on Wai diet
Day 41 post Accutane

Looks worse than day before yesterday... Really demotivating... I'm still not sure whether it's acne or heat rash, but oh well.. It's strange, because the itching has gone now, as opposed to a few days ago, when I was itching my heart out.

Yesterday's diet:
- 1000 mL Orange Juice = 450 kcal - 7g protein
- 2 skinned apples = 120 kcal - 1g protein
- 50g farmed salmon = 100 kcal - 10g protein, 7g fat
- 100g sugar = 400 kcal - 0g protein
- 100g EVOO = 900 kcal - 0g protein, 100g fat
- 6 organic yolks = 350 kcal - 16g protein, 38g fat
- 20g honey (coldly centrifuged) = 60 kcal - 0g protein
- 2 pears = 300 kcal - 3g protein

Totals: 2800 kcal - 38g protein - 145g fat - 333g carbs

Yesterday's routine:
- Did not wash face yesterday (had my reasons)
- Gamed (videogame) moderately intense for 5 hours
- (random) Got nervous a good few times, causing transpiration. This I can feel in my face in the form of biting fire ants all over my face (which would indicate this is heat rash). This could've caused some new spots to surface (as there has been)
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

I still wonder if you get enough micronutrients.. I mean, the OJ is good.. (provided it is you yourself who has pressed it), but it is only 1 L. 2 apples and 2 pears are not much, and also, they are two of the less nutritious fruits I think? You haven't mentioned if you are training or walking or sth. It seems like you are not very active in that sense, and I think gaming doesn't really count. Then I wonder if 100g sugar is really adviseable? Dunno, RRM could answer that better.
Squash

Post by Squash »

abicahsoul wrote:I still wonder if you get enough micronutrients.. I mean, the OJ is good.. (provided it is you yourself who has pressed it), but it is only 1 L. 2 apples and 2 pears are not much, and also, they are two of the less nutritious fruits I think? You haven't mentioned if you are training or walking or sth. It seems like you are not very active in that sense, and I think gaming doesn't really count. Then I wonder if 100g sugar is really adviseable? Dunno, RRM could answer that better.
I'm not getting the RDA, that's for sure. I quit training to PREVENT acne. I really do not think it's going to help much when I pick it up again doing test-boosting compound exercises.
I also ABSOLUTELY do NOT think GAMING could be counted towards as EXERCISE. I just list it there because it could be a possible culprit to my acne, as being nervous/tensed might fuck with hormones, increase cortisol which might cause water retention w/e.

I'm sorry, but you somehow think (and have thought for more than 1 post) that I think of gaming as something exercise related. It's just a possible culprit, in the sense of 'oh, and I had a cooked chicken wing this afternoon'.

Thank you very much for your input nontheless.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Squash wrote:Maybe someone could edit that into the OP, to not cause any confusion.
Done.
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

I see that my reasoning is not clear: I meant, since you are not so extremely physically active, I wonder if it is adviseable to substitute fruit with micronutrients for 100 grams of sugar. Since gaming is not really an excersise... That's what I meant. But sure, a lil extra sugar to keep the energy levels is not going to kill you tomorrow. But in the long run you might have shortage of nutrients.. But I see you are aware enough to understand that yourself. ;) Just a lil clarification. And sorry if my comments in some way was irritating and suppositional. ^^
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Squash wrote:I'm still not sure whether it's acne or heat rash, but oh well..
Neither am i; its doesnt look like the acne im used to.
Squash

Post by Squash »

RRM wrote:
Squash wrote:I'm still not sure whether it's acne or heat rash, but oh well..
Neither am i; its doesnt look like the acne im used to.
Another word for heat rash is prickly heat, because there's this prickly feeling on the areas affected (clogged sweat glands). I had this same exact symptom (it also felt like fire ants were biting me whenever I was nervous/sweating --> blocked off sweat glands?), which has subsided about 2 days ago. Hopefully it's a good sign...

New pics coming soon. I didn't feel like looking at my face today.
Squash

Post by Squash »

Day 9 of Photo Log
Day 61 on Wai diet
Day 44 post Accutane

The pic is unsharp. I can't see any more whiteheads. Thats a positive. However, I see deeper red and more red spots. It might be PIH, it might still be active. Keeping up hope...
EDIT: There's still whiteheads. The pic is just too blurry to see them.

Yesterday's diet (last 3 days):
- 5 skinned apples = 120 kcal - 1g protein
- 50g sugar = 200 kcal - 0g protein
- 2 pears = 200 kcal - 2g protein

Totals: ~2800 kcal - 38g protein - 145g fat - 333g carbs

Yesterday's routine (last 3 days):
- Did not wash face (had my reasons)
- Gamed (videogame) moderately intense for 5 hours (every day last 3 days)
Squash

Post by Squash »

As far as I can see, there's some sort of correlation between the stress/elevated heartbeat/sweaty mess causing intense gaming for 5+ hours a day (it's sad, I know, but I feel very low of myself since my face has gone retarded. It takes my mind off of it).

- The stress part would indicate that what's on my face is indeed acne (more cell breakdown due to ACTH/cortisol, resulting in more water retention).

- The sweating part would indicate that what's on my face is indeed heat rash (Miliaria Rubra), and that the sweating is actually pushing from beneath to make everything (in an accelerated manner) come to the surface of my skin.

I also have a question about Creatine. My brother recently started taking this again for muscle-gaining purposes. Since then his acne has gotten worse, he says. I am trying to see how Creatine causes acne (as is talked about on many message boards). Is it because it causes water retention? For all I know this retention only occurs in the muscle bellies themselves, and not in the skin. Could the (water retention enlarged) facial muscle bellies actually put pressure on the skin, indirectly causing sebum to get stuck?

Also, many people complain about getting acne on their forehead whilst wearing hats. Is this because of the pressure the rims of the heads put on the true skin, pinching off sebum canals?

Thanks
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Squash wrote:have a question about Creatine. .... Since then his acne has gotten worse... Is it because it causes water retention?
Yes, indeed.
For all I know this retention only occurs in the muscle bellies themselves, and not in the skin.
Why?
Why would the extra creatine be confined to the muscles?
Naturally, it will spread everywehre, much like salt, or protein.
many people complain about getting acne on their forehead whilst wearing hats. Is this because of the pressure the rims of the heads put on the true skin, pinching off sebum canals?
That might be, indeed.
Squash

Post by Squash »

Day 10 of Photo Log
Day 62 on Wai diet
Day 45 post Accutane

Finally a sharp picture. It's always the same pattern: first there's a red blotch, the next day or the day after that there's a white head on the red blotch. Must mean the stuff is coming from quite deep within. To me it looks better than yesterday's unsharp pic.

I'm going to try to stop gaming for the next few days/weeks. It's just too much psychological stress, and when I look at what stress has done to my acne in the past, I must avoid that at all costs.

Yesterday's diet:

Totals: ~2800 kcal - 40g protein - 145g fat - 333g carbs

Yesterday's routine:
- Gamed (videogame) moderately intense for 2 hours (now trying to put a stop to it)
Squash

Post by Squash »

Day 11 of Photo Log
Day 63 on Wai diet
Day 46 post Accutane

Yesterday's diet:

Totals: ~2800 kcal - 40g protein - 145g fat - 333g carbs

Yesterday's routine:
waipete

Post by waipete »

I don't know if RRM mentioned this I kinda skimmed through, but accutane could still be having tightening skin effects on your skin. Now I am in the same boat as you, I am 90 days off accutane, love to play video games a lot, love to exercise, although I'm still not training still waiting to be 100% clear. Now what I can say is for the longest time I wouldn't see improvements until about day 67(67 days off of accutane) and day 7 (fell off the diet wagon for 3 days) which I started to see improvements again and also I would wake up and my face would be oily as hell. The oily skin was I think a sign that accutane effects were wearing off, first it started from my nose being oily, then my cheeks, above my nose, to finally all over my face, and that also where the pimples surfaced first and last.

Now where I'm at in day 90(post accutane), I haven't been able to stay on the diet because I keep falling off and every time I clear up I feel on top of the world and go binge drinking and fall off the diet. I'm on day 5 100% my skin is looking pretty nice.

Now the purpose of my post was for support for you to keep doing the diet, don't lose hope I went through a lot of unnecessary grief only to realize the diet did work for me and the after effects of accutane kept me from clearing. If you do fall off, you will see how bad your face will get without the diet.
Squash

Post by Squash »

waipete wrote:I don't know if RRM mentioned this I kinda skimmed through, but accutane could still be having tightening skin effects on your skin. Now I am in the same boat as you, I am 90 days off accutane, love to play video games a lot, love to exercise, although I'm still not training still waiting to be 100% clear. Now what I can say is for the longest time I wouldn't see improvements until about day 67(67 days off of accutane) and day 7 (fell off the diet wagon for 3 days) which I started to see improvements again and also I would wake up and my face would be oily as hell. The oily skin was I think a sign that accutane effects were wearing off, first it started from my nose being oily, then my cheeks, above my nose, to finally all over my face, and that also where the pimples surfaced first and last.

Now where I'm at in day 90(post accutane), I haven't been able to stay on the diet because I keep falling off and every time I clear up I feel on top of the world and go binge drinking and fall off the diet. I'm on day 5 100% my skin is looking pretty nice.

Now the purpose of my post was for support for you to keep doing the diet, don't lose hope I went through a lot of unnecessary grief only to realize the diet did work for me and the after effects of accutane kept me from clearing. If you do fall off, you will see how bad your face will get without the diet.
Thanks for your words.

I don't know if I'm still having a tight skin. It's improved a lot from a week ago, when I had prickling sensations all over my face.

My face, in the morning, is always pretty matte as far as I can see, and it's improved over the weeks.

My lesions, I think, are moving outward. First, they were on and around my nose, but now it looks like they're moving towards my jawline/ears (never used to get acne/whateverthefuckthisis).

Still hoping for the best...
Squash

Post by Squash »

Day 12 of Photo Log
Day 64 on Wai diet
Day 47 post Accutane

Yesterday's diet: